The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you believe the Holy Bible ?

+9
IceWendigo
Rinoa
Mordae
Rockhopper
Agartha
Monk (in hiding)
Kaere
X
Marilyn7
13 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Do you believe the Holy Bible ? - Page 17 Empty Re: Do you believe the Holy Bible ?

Post by Agartha Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:40 pm

No,Angelica.......we can still be friends even if we question each other's beliefs!!

This thread is great!!!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do you believe the Holy Bible ? - Page 17 Empty Re: Do you believe the Holy Bible ?

Post by Stirky Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:56 pm

I love VM btw, even if he does have his moments lol, I could never be cross with him Wink
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:34 pm

He'll be back, he can't stay away long from debates
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:03 pm

This is why I stopped responding to this thread.

Whenever religion or other belief systems are discussed openly, people get upset. They feel that their personal beliefs are being questioned.

After reading all the posts here, I can see how some could be offended but also some of the comments are of a personal attack nature too. This is a natural response when people feel that their beliefs are being taken to task.

This 4um is populated by a very divers group of people with differing points of view and we should respect those differences and even applaud them, not criticise them.

Anyone who has studied ancient history can see that the rulers of different cultures were often raised as if they were some sort of god or at least a demigod. So any records were and are full of fanciful writings. One has to take that into account when deciding the facts of what you read or interpret of them.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:52 am

Well said, Tim but we should be able to discuss religion without any offense, as long as opinions are not offensive!!

I love discussing all kinds of stuff and ask questins, because talking to people who believe differently can help you open your eyes to different possibilities.

Very Happy
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by X Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:19 am

ts funny to go back in the thread and fiind out where the offenses came from

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Evee Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:04 pm

I will likely only post in this thread once as I believe discussing religion is almost always a bad idea unless you are looking for a fight.

I do believe the Bible is God's word. I believe every single word of it. I believe all the miracles actually, literally happened. I do think some of it was meant to be taken figuratively. Obviously Jesus was not a lamb, though he was referred to as one many times.

The reason I believe in the Bible is because when I chose to believe it, hoping to see things changed in my life, it worked. Simple as that. I have peace and joy in my life no matter what.

In the wise words of Forest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."
Evee
Evee

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:58 am

Evee wrote:I will likely only post in this thread once as I believe discussing religion is almost always a bad idea unless you are looking for a fight.

Very clever girl! Some of us, like me, get to our 40s and still discuss religion......but I love discussing and I never look for a fight.......it's just that religion gets too personal for some......
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Evee Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:47 am

Oh I'm sorry. That statement was far to broad I should have worded it differently. I did not mean to imply that anyone discussing religion is looking for a fight. Especially since I just took part in the discussion and I certainly am not looking for a fight either haha.

No I apologize if it came off that way. I only meant that it typically turns into a fight or a debate and then people end up getting hurt or offended by something that was originally just a innocent conversation.

Please forgive my terrible phrasing. You all seem like really nice people I would hate to offend any of you my first day here.
Evee
Evee

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:21 am

Oh no, Evee!! You have not offended anybody!! Don't worry........maybe I didn't phrase mine properly........lol
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:38 pm

Nor am I offended. I have been known to take a gate but I never take offence!

Some people take their own beliefs very seriously and get offended too easily.

You have never offended me Evee.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Evee Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:49 pm

Great! Glad to hear it. I believe above all in loving people no matter what which means always respecting them even if you do not agree with them. Glad no one took offense to my poor choice of words.
Evee
Evee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:27 pm

Evee wrote:Glad no one took offense to my poor choice of words.

That is an affliction we all suffer from time to time Evee!  Very Happy 

Getting back to the original posting; The Yazidis, that are in the news at the moment, are the original Monotheistic group of people. Judaism, Christianaty and Islam all copied most of their beliefs from there.

Judaism was built on Yadidizism and the others followed. The Yadidizis believe that there is just one Big Fella and they worship him alone. Their belief system is based on Zoroastrianism and Mithraism as well.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:18 am

The Great Kings...

They All Fall

Psalm 82

(1) Elohim [God] stands in the divine assembly;
there with the elohim [judges], he judges:

2 “How long will you go on judging unfairly,
favoring the wicked? (Selah)

3 Give justice to the weak and fatherless!
Uphold the rights of the wretched and poor!

4 Rescue the destitute and needy;
deliver them from the power of the wicked!”

5 They don’t know, they don’t understand,
they wander about in darkness;
meanwhile, all the foundations of the earth
are being undermined.

6 “My decree is: ‘You are elohim [gods, judges],
sons of the Most High all of you.

7 Nevertheless, you will die like mortals;
like any prince, you will fall.’”

8 Rise up, Elohim, and judge the earth;
for all the nations are yours.

Do you believe the Holy Bible ? - Page 17 20fazip

“I am YHWH your Elohim [singular] 2 ...

You shall have no other Elohim [plural] before [plural] me.

You shall not make you any graven images [of Elohim], or any
          likeness [of Elohim] …
    You shall not bow down yourself unto them [plural], nor serve
          them [plural]:

for I, YHWH your Elohim [singular] am a jealous El [singular].”

•Deuteronomy 5:6–9

“For YHWH your Elohim [indicating that other people have other gods]
     is Elohi of Elohim, and Adoni of Adonim [KJV: “Lord of Lords”],
          a great El, a mighty [El], and a terrible [El], which regards not
          persons, nor takes reward.”

•Deuteronomy 10:17

Human beings (in their present pre-resurrection state) are never identified as Elohim in the Old Testament. I know that such a statement goes against all Jewish commentaries and against most Bible commentaries in general. 5 But, if human beings are Elohim, then the use of the term loses all of its meaning. It is true, as I shall show, that human beings are given authority of Elohim, i.e., Moses (Exodus 7:1, 21:6, 22:8–9; Psalm 45:6). Human beings are  compared to Elohim, but they are not Elohim (yet). Words of comparison such as “like” or “as” are used in these verses to indicate that some human beings have been given the power of attorney, the authority of Elohim.

http://www.askelm.com/doctrine/d071001.htm

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:00 am

As far as I'm concerned , yes VM there is only 1 God . There are several different spiritual beings detailed in the bible and it leaves room for individual interpretation . Next to other ancient text the missing link is Jesus Christ . One must only believe to be saved . You can't live by the Old Testament and the New . They go against each other . The Old Testament shows us Gods character while the  New saves and redeems . The thing is everyone has a right to what they believe . Everyone is passionate about those beliefs . I enjoy discussing what people think and why they believe what they do . You get one shot around the sun and personally I am going to learn all that I can . I don't discard the Old Testament however Jesus gave me my rules and that is what I mean by filtering the bible . Love your neighbor , no judging , love Jesus and be a good person . I certainly don't expect others to listen to my views if I do not listen and try to understand theirs . I do love your enthusiasm on the subject Vision Master .
Marilyn7
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:11 pm

Marilyn7 wrote:As far as I'm concerned , yes VM there is only 1 God . There are several different spiritual beings detailed in the bible and it leaves room for individual interpretation . Next to other ancient text the missing link is Jesus Christ . One must only believe to be saved . You can't live by the Old Testament and the New . They go against each other . The Old Testament shows us Gods character while the  New saves and redeems . The thing is everyone has a right to what they believe . Everyone is passionate about those beliefs . I enjoy discussing what people think and why they believe what they do . You get one shot around the sun and personally I am going to learn all that I can . I don't discard the Old Testament however Jesus gave me my rules and that is what I mean by filtering the bible . Love your neighbor , no judging , love Jesus and be a good person . I certainly don't expect others to listen to my views if I do not listen and try to understand theirs . I do love your enthusiasm on the subject Vision Master .

Do you believe the Holy Bible ? - Page 17 20fazip

The Great Kings

They All Fall

As Do We

Do you believe the Holy Bible ? - Page 17 33bnvk7

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:05 am

"│"

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:30 am

I find this interesting.

Psalm 82

(1) Elohim [God] stands in the divine assembly;
there with the elohim [judges], he judges:   The change of the elohim from Elohim implies a pronunciation shift Best used by tonal change languages that sing as much as they speak.
Elohim-Ee-Low-Haim as opposed to the lower elohim-eh-low-chim.

2 “How long will you go on judging unfairly,
favoring the wicked? (Selah)  Sounds like the way the Supreme court in the US and other courts go for favoring corrupt new laws that support inequality and the uber rich over all others.

3 Give justice to the weak and fatherless!
Uphold the rights of the wretched and poor! Something our Republicans and I am sure others are NOT doing more in the news indicates them robbing the poor to give to the rich

4 Rescue the destitute and needy;
deliver them from the power of the wicked!”  Again, only the wealthy seem to be heard, or given rights and the poor down trodden, yet they make it seem as if this is morally okay and part of their religion to spit on the poor

5 They don’t know, they don’t understand,
they wander about in darkness;
meanwhile, all the foundations of the earth
are being undermined.

6 “My decree is: ‘You are elohim [gods, judges],
sons of the Most High all of you.    Too many Humans like to think they have that power.

7 Nevertheless, you will die like mortals;
like any prince, you will fall.’”   The money will not save them in the long run, once the world is drought ridden, the food gone to famine, the money they stole from all others and away for their warmachines and bank accounts are things that they cannot eat. the paper is not a leaf, the coin not meat. They will merely be amongst the last to die.

8 Rise up, Elohim, and judge the earth;
for all the nations are yours.       Pretty much I say the nations are following a different tune.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:09 pm

The bible, a very effective way of manipulating people.

God is my mother and my father, if man/woman is not God how can we prove there is a God? The bible is one book, I am a universe. Now I know some may not see it that way, but I think everyone should make there own understanding of it.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Stargate wrote:The bible, a very effective way of manipulating people.

God is my mother and my father, if man/woman is not God how can we prove there is a God? The bible is one book, I am a universe. Now I know some may not see it that way, but I think everyone should make there own understanding of it.

Go beyond the manipulating, you are the one in the drivers seat. It's your choice to be manipulated or not.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next