The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ditching your smartphone

4 posters

Go down

Ditching your smartphone Empty Ditching your smartphone

Post by Rogue Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:01 am

I'm sure we all feel like this at times..

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-60067032
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Ditching your smartphone Empty Re: Ditching your smartphone

Post by Kaere Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:23 am

I like that plan!
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:05 pm

This:

"It has improved my life," he says. "My thoughts are freed up from constantly being cognitively connected to a machine that I need to feed with energy and money. I think that the danger of technologies is that they are emptying our lives."

And this:

However, Hilda Burke, a psychotherapist and author of The Phone Addiction Workbook, says there is a strong link between heavy device usage and relationship issues, quality of sleep, our ability to switch off and relax, and concentration levels.

I use it a lot but young people are definitely glued to their devices. They have an app for everything.
I think social media can be a terrible place for young adults but I don't see a way to stop that.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:08 pm

Great article!

I use my smartphone loads(I always post on here using one for example), and it can actually be mentally very tiring it you use one too much. There have been times in the past when I’ve actually sensed I was spending too much time using my smartphone and it wasn’t doing me any good; I’ve deliberately given myself breaks from using my phone on those occasions, where I’ve made a point of turning my phone off and just leaving it alone for up to a month at a time, and the relief I’ve felt from doing that has always been massive.
I think they can become exhausting if you use them too much. I can totally empathise with the people mentioned in the article!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum