The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ukraine

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ukraine - Page 3 Empty Re: Ukraine

Post by Lenzabi Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:17 pm

Yeah, the Nuke threats do make me feel like we are back in the Cold War. Russia is however faltering and having to rethink how it will continue fighting in Ukraine while the Ukraine Army and volunteers have wrought so much devastation on the Russian convoys

Russia only lost this much men/materiel back in Afghanistan and that was over a period of 1979-1989. Sadly however Putin has a lot of backing and enough Russians adore him as Americans adored trump.

Slava Ukraine!
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

TrueCrazyLion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:35 pm

I get the feeling that if this was gonna escalate into a nuclear war it would’ve done by now. I think - I hope anyway - that Putin’s threat to use nukes at the end of February was just the empty cowardly words of a bully. I don’t think he’s stupid or crazy enough to actually go through with it.

Either way, I get the feeling that this new time of heightened nuclear danger is a transient issue, rather than the start of a new extended period of such tension like the Cold War was. I think that because Putin has essentially been the cause of this situation, the situation will resolve itself pretty quickly once he either gets removed from power or dies.
I don’t think anyone else on the world stage wants a return to a situation where we have decades of heightened anxiety about nuclear war.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:59 pm

Agartha wrote:The images were too much for me too, and I'm not a squeamish person.
War crimes, that's what they are doing. Genocide.
Totally agreed, 110%!
I’d even say that war crimes is too complimentary a term for what these Russian forces have been doing, because that implies that they still have mitigating circumstances of some kind, instead of just murdering the Ukrainians in cold blood. Genocide is absolutely what they’re doing!

From the beginning, this has struck me as just an invasion rather than a war; “war” suggests to me that two or more countries have gone into a conflict fairly evenly-matched, whereas this has just been one country invading another one which it thought wouldn’t be able to fight back; clearly Russia massively underestimated the Ukrainian people in that respect.

Although I have wanted to see him assassinated or otherwise dead, thinking about it, I do kind of hope Putin can somehow be removed from power without being killed and then extradited to The Hague; that would be awesome. Difficult to do, but awesome! It would cause him an experience probably worse than death, and do the one thing which can genuinely hurt a malignant narcissist like him - cause him a massive narcissistic injury! LOL
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:52 am

I just came across this video by chance today after it came up in my recommendations on YouTube, so thought I’d post it in this thread since the transcript of it describes clear connections to the situation that’s been playing out in Ukraine since the middle of February:

What’s spooky about this is that it isn’t a recent video - it was posted back in 2019! Shocked
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:05 am

Interesting, but very scary...
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:23 pm

It blows my mind a little bit that the date mentioned at the start of the video misses the start of the invasion of Ukraine by 8 days.
When I first tapped on the video and started watching it, I had to drag it back to the beginning again and rewatch the first few seconds, then double-check the date when the video had been posted(Because I thought I was hearing and/or seeing things!). 
And I guess that if the opening days of the invasion had played out slightly differently, or the West had reacted differently to Putin’s nuclear threat at the end of February, World War 3 could very easily have started on March 4th of this year for real.
Incredible!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:09 pm

Wow... this video is like a premonition! But Nato has not retaliated and fingers crossed Putin will never send a nuclear missile!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:45 pm

LOL, I know right? It’s bonkers! The other spooky thing which I noticed was that it mentions the first nuke being fired on April 12th - just 4 days before I happened to come across this video yesterday. I’m actually glad I didn’t come across it in late February or early March of this year, otherwise it would’ve absolutely terrified me! Razz 

I like to think that some kind of divine intervention will always stop nuclear war from happening. There are so many examples of this during the Cold War that it’s spooky as well; one person’s unwitting decision or one freak twist of fate preventing any event which would’ve triggered the nuclear war.

I like to think, rightly or wrongly, that the Universe has got this. Smile
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:43 am

Latest I have heard is Ukraine is still rocking while the Russians are drooling, and sadly for normal Russians, their visa/Master cards have been frozen.

Putin has gotta go. Same for that "patriarch" of the church who is also former KGB and likely who taught Putin at KGB
 They want Ukraine as Russia's sacred beating heart restored to Russia and do not see it as a different nation.

It is insanity.

Last edited by Lenzabi on Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:31 pm

Putin has apparently been starting his crap again, making pathetic threats.
I kinda wish the West would show some counter-aggression and shut him up. 

I’m reminded of the joke address Ronald Reagan once made, where he said he’d signed a bill outlawing Russia and that the bombing begins in 5 minutes. Maybe Biden should copy him, LOL.
It wouldn’t be as crazy as it might seem, because Putin is sure to back down the moment someone bigger than him reacts.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:18 am

They’ve now stuffed up the bridge which was the only direct supply link between Crimea and Russia. This could be another turning point in the war:

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/live/2022/oct/08/russia-ukraine-war-live-news-fire-engulfs-part-of-kerch-bridge-between-crimea-and-russia

I saw this on Twitter too:

Ukraine - Page 3 499b5a10

And I’ll also include this photo, as it’s partially visible in the screenshot anyway and it made me LOL:

Ukraine - Page 3 60366310

This is guerrilla warfare at its finest. Go Ukraine!
💙💛
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:52 am

hahaha love the humour!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:23 am

I think humour is one of the best weapons too in situations like this, because people like Putin can't handle being laughed at Very Happy

I'm actually quite surprised at how tame his reaction to the bridge explosion has been so far, I was half-expecting another Cuban Missile Crisis. LOL
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:18 am

Well, to appease his hardliner supporters, he did launch that massive strike on Ukraine, of which half the attacking missiles and drones were shot down.

Meanwhile Ukraine has burned many Russian tanks in Ukraine as well a captured more, including some of the old T-62 tanks sent in as rearguard defense.

Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:20 am

My understanding is that the massive amounts of money and resources which Russia has put into this invasion and the losses caused by it have now begun to significantly weaken Russia’s overall infrastructure as a nation, and it’s now in real danger of collapsing and disintegrating over the next few years, just like the Soviet Union did.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Lenzabi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:18 am

Just came across this video earlier on, I think it’s very interesting:

TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Agartha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:18 am

Great video, so interesting! What I found most interesting was the fact that WWII is still causing effects on populations right now!! Never considered that.

I think Putin's days are numbered, in so many ways.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:17 pm

Yeah, it was fascinating to see that Russia was still being affected by WWII - and to see that their life expectancy is so low. It really looks to me like they’re a sick nation in more ways than one, even though they try to hide it on the world stage.

And I totally agree that Putin can’t last much longer. If illness doesn’t get him, political enemies will!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Agartha and Lenzabi like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:21 pm

Bad tactics, sending men to their deaths in meat grinder style assaults, looks like Putin's forces are trying hard to make gains before western tanks and other weapons show up in Ukraine.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:59 pm

With the Russian Winter-Offensive basically a fizzle, now they fear what comes next.

Ukrainian Heavy Metal Counter-offensive! of course when the ground hardens some.

NATO allies have given a LOT of tanks and armored fighting vehicles to Ukraine for this big push
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next