The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tongue Has a Sixth Sense

+4
IceWendigo
Kaere
X
Agartha
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tongue Has a Sixth Sense - Page 2 Empty Re: Tongue Has a Sixth Sense

Post by Kaere Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:10 am

lol...

...I know, the universe works in weird WEIRD ways Very Happy

Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:21 am

Aye, smelling pheromones is what starts the attaraction, but the kiss either seals or breaks the deal, as the pheromones hint that the other person may be right, the kiss is like the litmus test of initial contact, does the other taste sweet? or good? or do they have a sour mouth or taste wrong?

The nose says "Check 'em out"
The tongue says if they are right or wrong.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:56 am

Lenzabi wrote:Aye, smelling pheromones is what starts the attaraction, but the kiss either seals or breaks the deal, as the pheromones hint that the other person may be right, the kiss is like the litmus test of initial contact, does the other taste sweet? or good? or do they have a sour mouth or taste wrong?

The nose says "Check 'em out"
The tongue says if they are right or wrong.

Very profound Len, as usual! Yep a kiss does do that. The next thing is to find out the others views. Like attracts like not the opposite.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:55 am

Yes Len, exactly that.......our animalistic instincts........

And then comes what Tim said BUT I have met a few couples that had fallen in love online, 2 actually married last year (my sister's friend).......so the game changes there.

You fall in love with a soul first, and then release the pheronomes when you meet in person.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:48 am

Agartha wrote:Tongue Has a Sixth Sense.

By
Ian Randall
Thursday, June 5, 2014.

The human tongue may have a sixth sense—and no, it doesn’t have anything to do with seeing ghosts. Researchers have found that in addition to recognizing sweet, sour, salty, savory, and bitter tastes, our tongues can also pick up on carbohydrates, the nutrients that break down into sugar and form our main source of energy. Past studies have shown that some rodents can distinguish between sugars of different energy densities, while others can still tell carbohydrate and protein solutions apart even when their ability to taste sweetness is lost. A similar ability has been proposed in humans, with research showing that merely having carbohydrates in your mouth can improve physical performance. How this works, however, has been unclear. In the new study, to be published in Appetite, the researchers asked participants to squeeze a sensor held between their right index finger and thumb when shown a visual cue. At the same time, the participants’ tongues were rinsed with one of three different fluids. The first two were artificially sweetened—to identical tastes—but with only one containing carbohydrate; the third, a control, was neither sweet nor carb-loaded. When the carbohydrate solution was used, the researchers observed a 30% increase in activity for the brain areas that control movement and vision. This reaction, they propose, is caused by our mouths reporting that additional energy in the form of carbs is coming. The finding may explain both why diet products are often viewed as not being as satisfying as their real counterparts and why carbohydrate-loaded drinks seem to immediately perk up athletes—even before their bodies can convert the carbs to energy. Learning more about how this “carbohydrate sense” works could lead to the development of artificially sweetened foods, the researchers propose, “as hedonistically rewarding as the real thing.”

http://news.sciencemag.org/brain-behavior/2014/06/tongue-has-sixth-sense

I think there is truth to this and I think it differs from culture to culture.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:55 am

Stargate wrote:

Interesting......please elaborate on how you think it differs from culture to culture.
 alien
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:26 am

Agartha wrote:
Stargate wrote:

Interesting......please elaborate on how you think it differs from culture to culture.
 alien

Food is the energy we use to facilitate the physical body, there are foods that you will eat from different culture that will make you feel ill, yet there are others that will eat the same food and feel uplifted. There is a spiritual side to substances we take in because we are connected spiritually to the planet. Have you ever wondered why we grow hairs around our mouth? These part are so insensitive to pain but sensitive to touch. I am not sure I have explained that very well.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:37 am

Yes, Stargate.......i agree!
But isn't that due to our bodies evolving to get used to it? Like people in hot countries that eat their food very hot and spicy, and it doesn't bother them.....if I eat hot and spicy for too many days, I would end up with hearburn and stomachache.

And I dont' think it's genes: my kids genes are half Ghanians and they don't tolerate spicy food........like me.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:55 am

Agartha wrote:Yes, Stargate.......i agree!
But isn't that due to our bodies evolving to get used to it? Like people in hot countries that eat their food very hot and spicy, and it doesn't bother them.....if I eat hot and spicy for too many days, I would end up with hearburn and stomachache.

And I dont' think it's genes: my kids genes are half Ghanians and they don't tolerate spicy food........like me.

Ag, I am not sure I can answer why that is so. When we are mixed in terms of bloodline there are traits that goes array, I should not even say when we are mixed but for some reason our DNA takes a twist and allows molecules from other substances to latch on to our DNA strands and produce side effects that create abnormalities. Sometimes it is better not to even ask why because we cannot understand more that we are ready for.

As I see it culture is the building block for us to study, we humans are a complex mixture of what is. We can be anything as far as matter is concerned.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:07 am

I find genetics fascinating!! the first time I read that humans share 99.8% of their DNA I was sooo happy! I was finally able to tell people to stop labelling others by race, cause there are no different races, only one: the human race..........with differences in our looks and nothing else.

But I think food and taste are acquired.......we like and can tolerate what we grow up with......I think.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:05 pm

Agartha wrote:I find genetics fascinating!! the first time I read that humans share 99.8% of their DNA I was sooo happy! I was finally able to tell people to stop labelling others by race, cause there are no different races, only one: the human race..........with differences in our looks and nothing else.

But I think food and taste are acquired.......we like and can tolerate what we grow up with......I think.

I do not understand the term "race" I have been trying to find out what is it supposed to mean. It has no substance, it is not really alive, we use it robotic-ally because it is so divisive, it cannot connect us. We have allowed ourselves to be divided into groups and these groups do not strive to cooperate. When we call ourselves human race, we are giving sense to nonsense.

If one is able to understand the world as a physical body, we would be able to understand the meaning of culture and how it works as organs in a body. The rest is total nonsense and leads to mistrust.

Yes food is not so much acquired as is taste, if one is born from a particular soil, it is quite healthy to eat from that soil. However we are adaptable beings, we can cover a wide range of change.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum