The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stargazer Captures Amazing Close-up of Butterfly Nebula (Photo)

5 posters

Go down

Stargazer Captures Amazing Close-up of Butterfly Nebula (Photo) Empty Stargazer Captures Amazing Close-up of Butterfly Nebula (Photo)

Post by Agartha Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:08 am

Stargazer Captures Amazing Close-up of Butterfly Nebula (Photo) Butterflynebula_zps567d4276

This stunning image is part of the diffuse emission Gamma Cygni nebula, otherwise known as The Butterfly Nebula.
Astrophotographer Terry Hancock took this image as part of his mosaic of the Gamma Cygni region. The image was taken from his backyard Stargazer Captures Amazing Close-up of Butterfly Nebula (Photo) Icon1 observatory in Fremont, Michigan on May 29. "We have had some wonderful clear skies over here in West Michigan in the past Stargazer Captures Amazing Close-up of Butterfly Nebula (Photo) Icon1 week," Hancock wrote in an email to Space.com.
In this image, one can see the Gamma Cygni Nebula or IC1318A in the upper left. The namesake star of the region, the Gamma Cygni, sit amid the constellation of Cygnus the Swan. Although it sits at a distance of 1,800 light-years, this young star is an extremely bright supergiant. A light-year is the distance light travels in one year, or about 6 trillion miles (10 trillion kilometers).

http://www.space.com/26202-butterfly-nebula-region-amateur-photo.html
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stargazer Captures Amazing Close-up of Butterfly Nebula (Photo) Empty Re: Stargazer Captures Amazing Close-up of Butterfly Nebula (Photo)

Post by X Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:27 am

Thats beautiful.....I'm sure I've been there

X

Back to top Go down

Stargazer Captures Amazing Close-up of Butterfly Nebula (Photo) Empty Re: Stargazer Captures Amazing Close-up of Butterfly Nebula (Photo)

Post by Agartha Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:41 am

Mr.Whitmore wrote:Thats beautiful.....I'm sure I've been there

It is incredibly beautiful.........
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Agartha Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:27 pm

It looks like marble........doesn' it?
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:41 pm

It looks like flames to me a little bit...
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:42 pm

Stunning *sigh*
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down