The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seven Reasons Why World Peace is Possible

5 posters

Go down

Seven Reasons Why World Peace is Possible Empty Seven Reasons Why World Peace is Possible

Post by Mordae Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:04 am

Interesting article that I think is well worth the read....

http://permaculturenews.org/2014/09/12/seven-reasons-world-peace-possible/

Introduction

The 21st of September will be International Day of Peace. It may seem a little premature to declare that world peace is due to break out by the end this month. I do not deny that the amount of killing and death and war and torture and death and coercion and abuse and death all over everywhere can be overwhelming. Nor do I deny that considering this it is a natural assumption to believe people are sinners, destined for extinction. However, I do argue that compassion is as much a part of human nature as cruelty.

There is evidence that humankind did not always live violent lives. In fact, I assume most people reading this article are not habitually violent, and do not desire to watch someone suffer. All animals have the capacity to enrich the lives of others. We have the capacity to be both selfish and kind. What matters is which quality we chose to focus on; bringing that quality into focus within ourselves, the world, and our children.

Here I have collected an array of research demonstrating that there is a positive potential within each social group and person. I argue that humans can learn to build societies which are not founded on the expectation of organised violence. Here are seven reasons why world peace is possible. You won’t believe your own strength of belief: There is at least some hope...
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Seven Reasons Why World Peace is Possible Empty Re: Seven Reasons Why World Peace is Possible

Post by Rockhopper Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:06 am

Be great if it could be made to work Mordman.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Seven Reasons Why World Peace is Possible Empty Re: Seven Reasons Why World Peace is Possible

Post by Agartha Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:17 am

Great article!!

There is hope for us......yet...and I know we could make it........ we can make it!! ♥
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:36 am

We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.
Dalai Lama

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:31 am

Nice quote Very Happy

Have to start somewhere, I suppose Very Happy
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:34 pm

There is always three sides to every thing, if you create peace war will be the balance, what we create, the third angle is always the balance. I would like to think we cannot create anything by itself once we have created it we can only control it.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down