The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Krokodil: Russia's Deadliest Drug...

+2
Monk (in hiding)
Rockhopper
6 posters

Go down

Krokodil: Russia's Deadliest Drug... Empty Krokodil: Russia's Deadliest Drug...

Post by Rockhopper Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:54 am

A look at the drug that is destroying the live of people in the hinterland of Russia.

I have personally seen the dispair and degradation of people in that country since the collapse.

WARNING: SOME SCENES ARE DISTRESSING!!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Krokodil: Russia's Deadliest Drug... Empty Re: Krokodil: Russia's Deadliest Drug...

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:46 am

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Krokodil: Russia's Deadliest Drug... Empty Re: Krokodil: Russia's Deadliest Drug...

Post by Lenzabi Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:05 pm

I am always amazed at how folks will do anything to get an escape, regardless of the potential physical threat
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:37 pm

Nothing to lose perhaps Len?

One has to go there to really understand why it is happening. The poverty in the countryside there is unbelievable. One travels through towns that are completely derelict and along roads that are almost non existent now.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:47 pm

Then again, entheogen's expand ones consciousness.

'Drugs' are man made chemicals that the FDA approve.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:27 am

Well, they had health before they shot that junk and find parts of them selves being eaten away by the toxic drug
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:01 am

The opiate drugs are just so addictive. One day experimenting, next day sold your soul.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:43 am

Aye but it is a drug that imitates flesh eating bacteria(I understand the clear is a purified version and less prone to do so, but the yellow stuff well, I hate looking at the damage edema has done to my legs, but it is unavoidable as the damage from Krokodil is.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:12 am

Rogue wrote:
The opiate drugs are just so addictive.  One day experimenting, next day sold your soul.

bout the same as alcohol, yet it's never called a DRUG!

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:23 am

Yes exactly, the one drug the masses consume and think its all okay.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:29 am

Rogue wrote:
Yes exactly, the one drug the masses consume and think its all okay.

Also................moderate drinkers live longer than non-drinkers. lsol

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:34 am

Everything in moderation, thats the key Wink
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:36 am

Except FUN! lsol

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:38 am

Yeah right, there are some things its best to overdo Laughing
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:06 am

Lenzabi wrote:I am always amazed at how folks will do anything to get an escape, regardless of the potential physical threat

Len, pain is pain, we do anything to stop the pain even if we create more pain, paradoxica!l I know but reality.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:23 am

Rogue wrote:
The opiate drugs are just so addictive.  One day experimenting, next day sold your soul.

Aye, however it is a global issue. Sisa in Greece, bath salts and shooting up crushed Xanex in the US, heroin in Afganistan etc.

Maybe what is needed is to make reality something to be enjoyed, rather than escaped from.
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:12 am

That's not going to happen the way things are right now Mordie!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:14 am

Stargate wrote:
Lenzabi wrote:I am always amazed at how folks will do anything to get an escape, regardless of the potential physical threat

Len, pain is pain, we do anything to stop the pain even if we create more pain, paradoxica!l I know but reality.

Some pains are worse than others, and some are avoidable. I do have to take a neural med for the neuropathy which I equate to having electricall charged fire ants on my legs and feet, the side effect is depression, and my way with that is I get either lethargic or surly, but I am avoiding body parts loss as much as I can.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:12 am

We think of pain as a symptom, but there are cases where the nervous system develops feedback loops and pain becomes a terrifying disease in itself. Starting with the story of a girl whose sprained wrist turned into a nightmare, Elliot Krane talks about the complex mystery of chronic pain, and reviews the facts we're just learning about how it works and how to treat it.

http://www.ted.com/talks/elliot_krane_the_mystery_of_chronic_pain

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:55 pm

Yes it does VM. My Lovely Lady is a very well qualified and experienced Trauma Nurse. We have had long discussions regarding chronic pain.

Jaks says that sometimes, our nerves fire at random and the brain interprets this as pain. Sometimes, as a result of an injury, the nerves start firing off randomly and that is often the cause of chronic pain. It can be severe too.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum