The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accuweather Forecasts More Cold in the Nth East...

Go down

Accuweather Forecasts More Cold in the Nth East... Empty Accuweather Forecasts More Cold in the Nth East...

Post by Rockhopper Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:40 pm

http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/pub/includes/columns/newsstory/2014/650x366_10131619_winter-14-15-hd[1].jpg

After record-shattering temperatures and high snow totals last winter in the Northeast, a similar theme will continue into the 2014-2015 season.
Cold air will surge into the Northeast in late November, but the brunt of the season will hold off until January and February. The polar vortex, the culprit responsible for several days of below-zero temperatures last year, will slip down into the region from time to time, delivering blasts of arctic air.
"I think, primarily, we'll see that happening in mid-January into February but again, it's not going to be the same type of situation as we saw last year, not as persistent," AccuWeather.com Expert Long-Range Forecaster Paul Pastelok said.
"The cold of last season was extreme because it was so persistent. We saw readings that we haven't seen in a long time: 15- to 20-below-zero readings."
In addition to the cold air, a big snow season could be in the offing. Higher-than-normal snow totals are forecast west of the I-95 corridor.
"Places like Harrisburg, down to Hagerstown getting into the mountains, the Appalachians, I think that's where you're going to see your bigger, heavier amounts," Pastelok said.

Source

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down