The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spellbook Decoded

+3
Monk (in hiding)
Agartha
Rogue
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Spellbook Decoded Empty Spellbook Decoded

Post by Rogue Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:49 am

Mysterious 'Spellbook' From Ancient Egypt Decoded
The Huffington Post | By Jacqueline Howard

Posted: 11/25/2014 4:14 pm EST

A mysterious ancient book written in an Egyptian language called Coptic has puzzled researchers ever since it was first found as part of an extensive papyrus collection at Macquarie University in Australia in 1981.

But now, two Australian scientists say they've finally translated the 1,300-year-old text, and it turns out that the text is a book of spells, Live Science reported.

The mystery remains, however, as to who wrote the book and used the spells.

"Many such Coptic magical texts were copied or used within monastic communities, and the degree of ritual knowledge in the invocations makes clergy or monks logical candidates for their production," Dr. Malcolm Choat, director of the university's Ancient Cultures Research Center and one of the scientists who deciphered the ancient book, told The Huffington Post in an email. "But other ritual practitioners can be imagined, and of course the spells could have been cast on behalf of ordinary people who needed their problems solved."

Spellbook Decoded O-SPELL-BOOK-ANCIENT-EGYPT-570
spell book ancient egypt
The ancient book housed at Macquarie University.

Choat and his colleague Dr. Iain Gardner, a professor of religion at the University of Sydney, found that the text includes ritual instructions and a list of 27 spells intended to cure various ailments or to bring success in love and business.

"There are also spells for 'Someone who is possessed,' 'Someone who is annoyed at you,' 'That a woman might conceive,' 'When someone has a magic on them,'" Choat said in the email.

The language used in the ancient book suggests that it originally came from Upper Egypt, possibly near Hermopolis, an ancient town located near the Nile River.

The ancient text is now housed in the Museum of Ancient Cultures at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/25/spell-book-ancient-egypt_n_6220080.html?cps=gravity
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Spellbook Decoded Empty Re: Spellbook Decoded

Post by Agartha Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:22 am

Fascinating! I wish they had a spell to banish greed, as it seems to be the root of all evils!

A bit off topic but not that much (lol), did you know that the Coptic language shares symbols with Greek? That's how strong the Greek influence was on old Egypt. Unfortunately when the Moors invaded, Egyptians were forced to convert to Islam and to only speak Arabic. Coptic was banned and later forgotten.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:22 am

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken McClellan Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Well, the research freak must continue his work! If anyone actually buys the above Coptic book for 60 euros or whatever, I'd be interested if there is any mention of Seth, because I think they were Sethians.

Also, if anyone reads old German, I'd love to send you a .pdf to figure out why a great man freaked out about the Jews a century ago. Interested in ideological reasons, not racist BS.
Ken McClellan
Ken McClellan

http://kenmcclellan.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:03 am

Ken McClellan wrote:Well, the research freak must continue his work!  If anyone actually buys the above Coptic book for 60 euros or whatever, I'd be interested if there is any mention of Seth, because I think they were Sethians.

Also, if anyone reads old German, I'd love to send you a .pdf to figure out why a great man freaked out about the Jews a century ago.  Interested in ideological reasons, not racist BS.  

Perhaps he saw to many Passion Plays? many of those were written with a very anti-Jewish slant to them. that Mel Gibson movie he directed about Christ was written by an anti-semitic nun a couple of centuries ago. Maybe that and watched it on absinthe or some such wacko juice of the era?
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:45 am

The Coptics are one of the first Christian groups, still are there. Their services are still held in Greek. They were badly treated in the last revolution and many left for places afar.

Alexandria was a Greek trading port, then the Romans dropped in for a visit.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:31 am

Tim: Coptics may have been the first Christians, but the original language was not Greek, the Coptic language has been forgotten.

Ken: I'd love to read that pdf but I do not speak even modern German... no translations in other languages at all?
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken McClellan Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:18 am

no translations in other languages at all?

Not that I can find. The great man was Ludendorff. The book: Das grosse Entsetzen: die Bibel nicht Gottes Wort (The great terror: the Bible is not the word of God). It's such an ornate script my computer can't recognize it through OCR. Besides the Jews, the general wasn't keen on Freemasons or Jesuits either ... seeing all three as some sort of joint conspiracy against the nations.
Ken McClellan
Ken McClellan

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:11 am

Can you understand Old Germanic?
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken McClellan Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:15 am

Nope.  Hence the search for a translator smarter than Symantec or Google.  I have an old dictionary, but that would take longer than I'll be alive.  Just want to understand whether he based his attitude on history or scripture or ideology or race or whatever.  He wasn't the first with these ideas.  He wasn't the last.  But he was so incredibly famous and respected, why go out on a fanatical limb and start sawing?
Ken McClellan
Ken McClellan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:55 am

There is so little of his conspiracy theories, but he seemed to have spiraled when WW-I ended. he was one of the "Stabbed in the back" theorists amongst the Military elites.

He was past of the Nazis, but got beat in elections, disillusioned and started a new party with this wife. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tannenbergbund.

Ludendorff and wife also started a theist society http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_Ludendorff

And apparently Lyndon La Rouche was captivated by Ludendorff's writings
http://www.lyndonlarouche.org/larouche-british17A.htm

I think the man started to unravel like many Germans when they discovered that they had lost the war and needed to figure out why and how. They could not accept that the simple fact that men and resouces were withering away and that more and prolonged a war would have left German a severe lost land.

And he got hold of that fraud "Protocols of Zion" which was in German print after the war, and that apparently helped edge him further into his grief driven madness. http://www.academia.edu/367715/The_anti-Masonic_writings_of_General_Erich_Ludendorff

Grief for the loss of the first world war as he like many felt the German Army was in good shape to fight on, but that the conspiracy undermined the rest of German society, which he viewed through the lens of the Army. Civilians were to either become soldiers, or supply the Army with material goods to fight on. He saw the army as the embodiment of true German society, the whole duty, courage, honor thing. He saw the pacifistic Jewish-freemason/jesuit/communist/social democrat party as the traitors the "stabbed the army in the back"
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken McClellan Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:54 pm

He saw the pacifistic Jewish-freemason/jesuit/communist/social democrat party as the traitors that "stabbed the army in the back"

History does repeat, doesn't it?  Google "Obama purge."
Ken McClellan
Ken McClellan

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:05 pm

Ken McClellan wrote:
He saw the pacifistic Jewish-freemason/jesuit/communist/social democrat party as the traitors that "stabbed the army in the back"

History does repeat, doesn't it?  Google "Obama purge."

My neighbor went before the Obama inquisition a couple of years ago. Middle Eastern (From Jordon), fluent in Arabic and a MEMEBR OF THE TEA PARTY.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:43 pm

Well, hard to say why, Hagel seems to have been too passive, others may have been Bushite hangers on.

Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken McClellan Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:51 pm

I don't think OB1 knew too many people who would qualify for a clearance 3+ levels above TS. So he took on another conservative who could give him temporary respectability in the national security arena.
Ken McClellan
Ken McClellan

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:53 pm

Ken McClellan wrote:I don't think OB1 knew too many people who would qualify for a clearance 3+ levels above TS.  So he took on another conservative who could give him temporary respectability in the national security arena.

Heard of the SSSS stamp on some passports?

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken McClellan Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:59 pm

Sure. But I think it's just more capricious-and-arbitrary stuff. Because I've done regular lines and expedited lines and gunpowder slick lines and they all take about the same amount of time. Now when they get to the anal probe line with the alien gray administrators I'm gonna quit flying!
Ken McClellan
Ken McClellan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:35 pm

What is it with the gray's and anal probes?
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken McClellan Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:44 pm

Special union at the TSA.
I don't have the clearance
to know why they do what
they do. I understand some
of them are invested in
Depends!
Ken McClellan
Ken McClellan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:55 pm

The TSA, another boondoggle as they have not found any would be terrorists to justify that expenditure over regular security being more alert.

Gray aliens though seem historically to enjoy doing the weirdest experiments on humans
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum