The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Story of Jesus Fabricated?...

+2
Stirky
Rockhopper
6 posters

Go down

Story of Jesus Fabricated?... Empty Story of Jesus Fabricated?...

Post by Rockhopper Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:03 pm

Interesting POV.

A controversial American biblical scholar is set to make his first appearance in London next week to present a discovery that he claims proves the story of Jesus Christ was invented as a system of mind control to enslave the poor.

Joseph Atwill, who is the author of a book entitled 'Caesar's Messiah: The Roman Conspiracy to Invent Jesus', asserts that Christianity did not begin as a religion, but was actually a sophisticated government propaganda exercise used to pacify the subjects of the Roman Empire.

At the 'Covert Messiah' conference, to be held at the Conway Hall in Holborn a week on Saturday, Mr Atwill will present his theory that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and that they entirely fabricated the story of Jesus Christ.

Source.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Story of Jesus Fabricated?... Empty Re: Story of Jesus Fabricated?...

Post by Stirky Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:32 am

Sounds feasible to me
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:48 pm

I believe him!
There is no historical evidence of Jesus outside of the Bible. He never existed.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:19 pm

I am more convinced that King Arthur was real rather than Jesus. Some people say Arthur is just a myth, I believe not.
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Yep Arthur did exist, he was the Chief of a Celtic Clan in nth Wales Stirkles. Did a deal with Voltagern to allow his folk to live in freedom. Eventually his deal spread throughout all of Wales and he was regarded as being a "Messiah" amongst the Celts.

The legend grew like topsy since.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:57 pm

I know a different version to that, Rockhopper. The stories and research I've followed have taken the basis for Arthur all the way back to France. So much intermingling Smile
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:41 am

Haha I know how to make a topic go way OT! No the point I was trying to make that yes plenty of people believe Arthur was a real person and there are many stories to confirm this. But equally there are a lot of people that believe he was just a myth and never actually walked the earth. Much like how people view Jesus.

I think Jesus might have actually be based on a real person and the stories not entirely fabricated, but I think most of it was.
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:49 am

LOL Do you want to hear my favourite King Arthur story? We all seem to have a different one!

Andrew Breeze, a British academic, claimed this year that King Arthur was not a king but a general, a Scottish general who fought Britons in South Scotland and North England. He has based  his claims on Latin work written by Welsh Monks in the 9th century.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:08 am

All legends have a grain of truth in them.

As for Jesus well think for a moment. Judea at that time was about the size of Wales with a population of around 2 million. Here was this fellow wandering around, raising the dead, turning water into wine, feeding a multitude with just a couple of loaves of bread and no-one knew anything about it? No-one saw anything, no-one heard anything, and no-one wrote anything down about him.

Now if some-one in Wales did that we would all know about it and we wouldn't need the internet. Scuttlebut being what it is! And everyone would flocking there to witness these wonderful miracles first hand. The locl scribes would be writing all about it too. With Jesus there is nothing, nada, nil, zilch of any contemporaries writing anything. Doesn't make sense!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:35 am

Exactly that, Tim and also there is no physical description of Jesus, anywhere.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:46 pm

It is an interesting POV. that the Romans set up Christianity as a method of control. It's not one I would have thought of.

Most of the history of the Jews is fabricated too. In fact the Old Testament was created by the Rabbis of Alexandria as a collection of folk tales and legends of the Hebrew tribes who were wandering around the Negev and Sinai Deserts at that time. There were many Hebrew tribes there then. Some were monotheistic, some were multitheistic and others were the followers of Baal.

The Rabbis unified the religion under one god.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:08 pm

I find it interesting that the rich would also make a statement that is now kind of biting them n the ass. "Far easier for a camel to thread through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven" as it is now used to describe disgruntlement with the wealthy in this time of inequality... Have to see how this plays out
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:51 am

I am going out on a limb here, out of my comfort zone as i prefer to keep quiet when i know my opinion may not be supported(it's ok to differ but mine is way different lol which makes me shy to express) however, i feel i have to add my feelings to this. I believe it is possible that Jesus the man, existed. (in my heart and mind, he did) but, I think most of the bible is a load of crap because it is man-made and has been passed around so many times that the original truth has been in my opinion, distorted like the game "telephone".  I tend to believe that the same soul that has incarnated in many of the great messengers of time is also Jesus. I believe in the spirit of Christ. I think Buddha, Krishna, all of them are either from the same soul family, or the same soul itself trying time and time again to reach humanity, to help us evolve, to find God within us and around us, not to be separated by fear based religions. I am very spiritual, but not religious as i believe there can be truth in all to a degree, but i focus on the soul and message instead of the man-made attempt to control the masses. In my heart, when i am in a deep meditation and i focus on Christ energy, i am enveloped in this overwhelming sense of love and peace. It sends shivers throughout me. All i know is what i feel in my heart so i believe the spirit of him still exists and potentially the man did as well. I don't need proof.

Another theory i have pondered is that we as humans, are able to manifest, and perhaps enough people believed in him that the spirit of him does indeed exist "now" because of collected consciousness creating him. (just a thought if the man himself did not exist) I still believe in my original thoughts, but i have contemplated this as well. As for God, i do believe in a consciousness that i call God. He is not some man on a cloud, but an energy, a conscious awareness and creator. I believe everything in the cosmos(including aliens) is God trying to know and experience itself through infinite possibilities.... (felt to add that too)

Just my two cents... Wink Smile

Last edited by Princess Leia on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Solace
Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:04 pm

I have not yet seen this so i do not have an opinion on it, but thought some might be interested in seeing it. (i plan to when i have more time)

Solace
Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down