The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birth in Nature: Natural Birth

+2
Agartha
Stargate
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Birth in Nature: Natural Birth - Page 2 Empty Re: Birth in Nature: Natural Birth

Post by Solace Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:48 pm

My ideal scenario would be at home(hospitals give me anxiety), with a midwife, and hub(since he is a former paramedic and has experience delivering babies in emergency situations) and we do not have a hospital where we live(it is quite a long drive away)... However, with that being said, i know i will end up in a hospital anyway as i wouldn't want to ever put the baby in jeopardy.. (so my own comfort will be set aside for the sake of my child's safety). The vid was beautiful though and as much as i would love to give birth surrounded by the peace of nature, i would be too worried..but i admire her bravery!

Last edited by Solace on Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Solace
Solace

Back to top Go down

Birth in Nature: Natural Birth - Page 2 Empty Re: Birth in Nature: Natural Birth

Post by Stargate Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:49 pm

Kaere wrote:Many animals give birth lying down, they are not all the same.

To me, a natural birth is one where a baby is born (with or without intervention). Full stop. No qualifications to that statement.
I have no problem with your interpretation of natural birth. Most animals have vertical births, there is never 100% of anything. 

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:53 pm

Kaere wrote:
To me, a natural birth is one where a baby is born (with or without intervention). Full stop. No qualifications to that statement.

I agree. And why do we have to give birth like animals? Why don't we start eating like animals again? Or copulate like animals?

We may belong to the animal kingdom, but we are not apes anymore, hence we are bipedal and we can type on this forum.

And Kaere is right: midwives nowadays advise mums to squat to give birth, they lie down if they wish to but midwives recommend walking and squatting.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:56 pm

Solace wrote:My ideal scenario would be at home(hospitals give me anxiety), with a midwife, and hub(since he is a former paramedic and has experience delivering babies in emergency situations) and we do not have a hospital where we live(it is quite a long drive away)... However, with that being said, i know i will end up in a hospital anyway as i wouldn't want to ever put the baby in jeopardy.. (so my own comfort will be set aside for the sake of my child's safety). The vid was beautiful though and as much as i would love to give birth surrounded by the peace of nature, i would be too worried..but i admire her bravery

I admire her too, and that was beautiful, but she is one woman and she doesn't represent all of us.

Or, if you become a scientologist, you won't be allowed to scream or swear and you'll have to eat your own placenta...... have I ruined your supper?
hahaha
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:58 pm

You're right... and as for eating my own placenta?! ~shivers~ I have heard of women doing this.. but.. that is definitely not for me..
Solace
Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:00 pm

OMG! Not my thing either..... and I am very brave with my food!!
Wink
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:02 pm

To be honest Ags, I cannot define very much difference between us and animals. sometimes I think the animals do a lot better.
You may think we are not Apes, and say we are humans, but what is that exactly?

We do give birth like animals.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:04 pm

Haha, you guys are funny. Very Happy

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Stargate wrote:
We do give birth like animals.

Nope, we don't. Animals have quick painless births, they don't wince, cry or complain.
We are anatomically different and it is really painful for women. incredibly painful .
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:14 pm

Ags, you have to give some proofs that animals don't feel pain, that I find hard to accept, unless they do not have a nervous system.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:22 pm

Agartha wrote:OMG! Not my thing either..... and I am very brave with my food!!
Wink

lol
Solace
Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:29 pm

Stargate wrote:Ags, you have to give some proofs that animals don't feel pain, that I find hard to accept, unless they do not have a nervous system.

Of course they feel pain, I was just referring to giving birth, ours is a lot more painful.
I have seen cats and dogs hurt, and they wince, groan, whimper and cry (vocalized cry), but when they give birth they are really quiet and they actually seem incredibly at peace.

That's when I knew that giving birth for them it's a lot easier than for women, cause ours hurt like hell.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:36 pm

Maybe its mind over matter, or something they can do and we cannot. Their could be a myriad of reasons.
Maybe humans have lost the ability to control birth pains because we no longer practice that type of concentration in the spiritual realm.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:43 pm

Maybe it's because our babies are gigantic in comparison to our bodies and it just flippin' hurts!
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:46 pm

Kaere wrote:Maybe it's because our babies are gigantic in comparison to our bodies and it just flippin' hurts!
That's very possible, all we can say is things have changed, and are changing.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:46 pm

Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:48 pm

The question is, what or who are we?

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:51 pm

OMG HYENAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:54 pm

Agartha wrote:OMG HYENAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!
It sound as if Hyenas are not your faviorit, how about snakes? most women hate snakes. LOL

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:57 pm

No! I mean what horrendous births they have!!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next