The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

4 posters

Page 35 of 35 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35

Go down

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 35 Empty Re: TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:57 pm

I was already a fan of Hard-Fi before this song came out, but I immediately loved it as soon as I first heard it; I connected strongly with its energy and intensity as well as loving its overall sound. Also, it got released at a time when exciting personal changes were happening in my life, so it seemed to fit in well with that too somehow; I have great memories of it.
Recently I’ve reconnected with it, as it’s come up randomly several times in the Spotify mix I’ve been listening to:

(Hard-Fi - Suburban Knights)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:01 pm

This is a song I’ve only really discovered in the last few weeks, as it’s come up a number of times in my Spotify mixes, but I’ve grown to really love it in a pretty short space of time; love its energy and vibe, as well as the overall tune:

(Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds - Holy Mountain)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:23 pm

As we pass the halfway point in 2021, I’m deciding to post a song which I’ve listened to a number of times recently and quickly grown to love, just like I love the artist who sings it and the city which it features:

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 35 56949e10
 TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 35 2764  TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 35 2764  TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 35 2764  TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 35 2764  TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 35 2764 

(Bon Jovi - Do What You Can)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Agartha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:23 pm

This song has been haunting me a lot lately by consistently turning up in the various Spotify mixes I’ve been listening to, and each time I hear it, it brings back loads of great memories from May/June 2004, when it was getting loads of radio airplay, and I’d just moved into my first flat in Springfield and was going through all the positivity and excitement associated with it:

(Franz Ferdinand - The Dark Of The Matineé)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:54 pm

I heard this song earlier on this afternoon, and was reminded how much I love it - so many things about it, its tune, its lyrics, every nuance of its melody, which I find uniquely beautiful:

(Vampire Weekend - Oxford Comma)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:38 pm

Too tired to listen right now.... I will when I'm off.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:25 pm

Coolio! That’s one downside of music videos, they take time to listen to, and it’s not easy if you’re tired; I know only too well myself! LOL
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:15 pm

TrueCrazyLion wrote:Coolio! That’s one downside of music videos, they take time to listen to, and it’s not easy if you’re tired; I know only too well myself! LOL

After a 13 hours shift I am so tired I can't even follow a song! lol
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:56 pm

That is an extremely tiring amount to time to be working for, yep… Think I’d fall asleep at my workplace if I worked for that long! Razz
It’s pretty impressive that you can work for so long in a single day!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:57 am

Well, I don't think you could fall asleep with patients with dementia surrounding you and being loud! LOL
It's very common for healthcare workers to work long unsociable hours. 

I finally listened to the songs, oh the Franz Ferdinand takes me back to when my kids were very very tiny... was it released in 2004? It's such a nice catchy tune.

I have never heard the second song and never heard of the band either. The lyrics are amusing.... what is it with the Lil Jon reference? lol
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

TrueCrazyLion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:49 pm

The Franz Ferdinand song was released as a single in April 2004, yeah, and it has loads of positive and exciting memories attached to it for me; it was constantly getting played on the radio during the first few weeks I was living in my flat in Springfield, when I was getting used to living in my new place and getting to know my flatmates and generally embracing my exciting new life. (It’s actually one of a handful of songs which were being released as singles at that time which immediately take me straight back to that time whenever I hear them… Beautiful memories!)

You hadn’t heard of Vampire Weekend? They’re not the most mainstream band, but they have had some airplay before now on the big radio stations like Radio 1… I’ve loved them for ages. I love the quirky eccentricity of their music, I think it sounds a bit like abstract art looks, if that makes any sense, LOL.

Yeah, Oxford Comma is pretty unique sounding, I think, even amongst their songs; I think the lyrics are awesomely random, and yep, amusing too!
The Lil Jon reference is seemingly just random too, and when Lil Jon heard this song he apparently sent the band a case of energy drink as a thank-you present. Razz
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:42 am

Wow, how cool Lil Jon sent them a present for mentioning him!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:59 pm

It was cool, and apparently Lil Jon also made an appearance in one of Vampire Weekend’s subsequent music videos as well!
For me, reading up about that whole sequence of events gave me a nice feelgood factor Very Happy
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:57 pm

This song just randomly played in the radio playlist which was playing off the back of the Queen albums playlist I’ve been listening to on Spotify. It reminded me how much I love this song, as well as all the songs from Grease, and brought back so many great memories, particularly from the summer of 1998:

Snapshot of part of the playlist itself:

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 35 Af1aca10

(John Travolta - You’re The One That I Want)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:25 pm

This song - and this exact version of it - came up in my Spotify mix recently, totally unexpectedly; I heard the song playing in the background while I was watching TV, and without knowing what exact version of it was playing, I immediately thought of the Live Aid performance, which I’ve actually been meaning to post in this thread for a while, as I think it’s one of the most iconic moments in the history of live music.
And it turned out to be the Live Aid performance which had played! It was an awesome moment realising that:

(Status Quo - Rockin’ All Over The World)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:46 pm

Great song!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:13 pm

As much as I’ve never liked the UK monarchy and everything which they stand for, at the same time, this last couple of days has felt… weird, so I felt I should make a post which reflects my emotions while also honouring my beliefs.
I came across this video on Twitter last night and watched it for the first time; somehow I’d never seen it before. The band at Buckingham Palace playing The Star Spangled Banner on 12th September 2001, after Queen Elizabeth II broke centuries of traditional protocol and personally authorised them to do it.
As someone who broke my heart and cried a river for the American people when the September 11 attacks happened, I find this video profoundly touching and beautiful:

TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Agartha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:00 am

I'll repeat what I wrote on Rogue's post: no matter how pro or anti-monarchy one is, she was a mother and grandmother, and we should respect their sad moment.

RIP Queen of England ♥
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:10 pm

Yes! That’s it - I was meaning to post a tribute to Queen Elizabeth II as a person, first and foremost, by posting a video with positive connotations which demonstrated her making a positive difference and being a positive influence on the world, while minimising the monarchy association, and also posting a meaningful music video in my Playlist thread which also meant something special to me personally, when she wasn’t a recording artist, LOL. Then I found this one which felt just perfect.

RIP Queen Elizabeth II I love you
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 35 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35