The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you believe the Holy Bible ?

+9
IceWendigo
Rinoa
Mordae
Rockhopper
Agartha
Monk (in hiding)
Kaere
X
Marilyn7
13 posters

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

Do you believe the Holy Bible ? Empty Do you believe the Holy Bible ?

Post by Marilyn7 Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Do you believe the bible is Gods word ? Do you believe the miracles in it actually occurred ? I'm just curious ...
Marilyn7
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Do you believe the Holy Bible ? Empty Re: Do you believe the Holy Bible ?

Post by X Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:27 pm

Oh boy...

ok...I believe the bible to be a copy cat of the Sumerian texts. I believe in god...as it refers to a species...gods.

I believe that god is not of this planet...i believe god created us or manipulated our animal DNA.

Therefore, I believe for the most part that the bible is the word of god or gods...and that they were very capable of said miracles.

yes..i believe in a god..or gods....and they are full of peace and love....if they weren't...we wouldn't exist today in this consciousness

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:28 pm

I'll get back to this later Smile
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:41 pm

Wink ....Ezekiel s. Wheels have always fascinated me as well as the tales of Moses ......I believe every word . I also believe there is more we don't know..Gods secrets .....
Marilyn7
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by X Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:46 pm

Yea...their words were written in a way to best describe what they were experiencing,..or seeing in that era...high high tech which they would have absolutely nothing to compare the events to

and that in no way is to put down god/gods

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:50 pm

I agree .....Someday Soon I will share what I have learned or was revealed ........Smile
Marilyn7
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by X Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:51 pm

Ok....soon

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn7 Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:12 pm

Smile
Marilyn7
Marilyn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:19 pm

Marilyn7 wrote:Do you believe the bible is Gods word ?  Do you believe the miracles in it actually occurred ? I'm just curious ...

Gods word, written by man. Many other texts, same thing.

Our language comes from where?

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:09 pm

The day I read the Bible, I stopped believing in it......and I'm not elaborating as I don't want to offend  and upset anybody, as some here do believe in it.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by X Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:00 pm

Oh but you must elaborate...

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:13 pm

Agartha wrote:The day I read the Bible, I stopped believing in it......and I'm not elaborating as I don't want to offend  and upset anybody, as some here do believe in it.

We know, your an atheist that believes we evolved from monkey's.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:13 pm

Mr.W wrote:Oh but you must elaborate...

Yes, please tell...  I love you 

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:59 pm

vision-master wrote:
Agartha wrote:The day I read the Bible, I stopped believing in it......and I'm not elaborating as I don't want to offend  and upset anybody, as some here do believe in it.

We know, your an atheist that believes we evolved from monkey's.

Hey VM at least try to get your facts right mate. We didn't evolve from monkeys at all. That's a Believer   jibe. We evolved from an ancient ape primate. Different group of animals.

I stopped believing in anything the Bible says because it defies logic. It's simply a collection of folk tales. As a teen I was thrown out of Sunday School because I asked too many awkward questions.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:22 pm

Okay soooo.... no. I do not believe the bible is god's word, not even close. I believe the bible is man's word, written to control the masses in some way for whatever reason... either to give comfort or control taxes or ??? ... the same as the Koran and the same as any other 'holy' book.

Do I believe any of the miracles written about in the bible? Sure, why not. There are miracles occurring every day, why would they be any different to those that happened ages ago? Are the ones that are written in the bible or the Koran more important because the book is old?

It irks me, it irks me a lot.

Interesting to note that the spell checker capitalizes Koran and not bible.

Just my thoughts on it, they are not law.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:46 am

Marilyn7 wrote:Do you believe the bible is Gods word ?  Do you believe the miracles in it actually occurred ? I'm just curious ...

No, I found the OT has some interesting metaphors (the story of Cain and Able representing the shift from hunter-gatherer to agrian for example) and a good guide to building a desert-based society.  God himself comes across as a sociopathic meglomaniac, while miracle-wise there could be a couple of alternate viewpoints.

The NT, IMO, has been written, editted and re-written  with a deliberate audience and agenda in mind, so can't really be considered accurate to any great degree as it's so corrupted.
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:49 am

The Bible (Christianity) is a book about who we are, like it or not.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:53 am

I disagree emphatically, VM... it is a story of a few editors who want(ed) the world to live by their programming.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:02 am

Kaere wrote:I disagree emphatically, VM... it is a story of a few editors who want(ed) the world to live by their programming.

Interesting thoughts..........

So what is your faith in?

Trismegistus:

Do you not know, Asclepius, that Egypt is an image of heaven, or, to speak more exactly, in Egypt all the operations of the powers which rule and work in heaven have been transferred to earth below?

Nay, it should rather be said that the whole Kosmos dwells in this our land as in its sanctuary. And yet, since it is fitting that wise men should have knowledge of all events before they come to pass, you must not be left in ignorance of this: there will come a time when it will be seen that in vain have the Egyptians honoured the deity with heartfelt piety and assiduous service; and all our holy worship will be found bootless and ineffectual. For the gods will return from earth to heaven.

Egypt will be forsaken, and the land which was once the home of religion will be left desolate, bereft of the presence of its deities.

This land and region will be filled with foreigners; not only will men neglect the service of the gods, but ... ; and Egypt will be occupied by Scythians or Indians or by some such race from the barbarian countries thereabout. In that day will our most holy land, this land of shrines and temples, be filled with funerals and corpses. To thee, most holy Nile, I cry, to thee I foretell that which shall be; swollen with torrents of blood, thou wilt rise to the level of thy banks, and thy sacred waves will be not only stained, but utterly fouled with gore.  

Do you weep at this, Asclepius? There is worse to come; Egypt herself will have yet more to suffer; she will fall into a far more piteous plight, and will be infected with yet more, grievous plagues; and this land, which once was holy, a land which loved the gods, and wherein alone, in reward for her devotion, the gods deigned to sojourn upon earth, a land which was the teacher of mankind in holiness and piety, this land will go beyond all in cruel deeds. The dead will far outnumber the living; and the survivors will be known for Egyptians by their tongue alone, but in their actions they will seem to be men of another race.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:08 am

Dan Katchongva, the late Sun Clan leader of Hotevilla

THE BEGINNING OF LIFE

Somewhere down in the underworld we were created by the Great Spirit, the Creator.  We were created first one, then two, then three. We were created equal, of oneness, living in a spiritual way, where the life is everlasting. We were happy and at peace with our fellow men. All things were plentiful, provided by our Mother Earth upon which we were placed. We did not need to plant or work to get food. Illness and troubles were unknown. For many years we lived happily and increased to great numbers.

When the Great Spirit created us, he also gave us instructions or laws to live by. We promised to live by his laws so that we would remain peaceful, using them as a guideline for living happily upon that land where he created and placed us. But from the beginning he warned us that we must not be tempted by certain things by which we might lose this perfect way of life.

Of course we had advantage of many good things in this life, so by and by we broke the Creator’s command by doing what he told us not to do. So he punished us by making us as we are now, with both soul and body. He said, :

"From now on you will have to go on your own. You will get sick, and the length of your life will be limited."

He made our bodies of two principles, good and evil. The left side is good for it contains the heart. The right side is evil for it has no heart.

The left side is awkward but wise. The right side is clever and strong, but it lacks wisdom. There would be a constant struggle between the two sides, and by our actions we would have to decide which was stronger, the evil or the good.

We lived in good ways for many years, but eventually evil proved to be stronger. Some of the people forgot or ignored the Great Spirit’s laws and once again began to do things that went against his instructions. They became materialistic, inventing many things for their own gain, and not sharing things as they had in the past. This resulted in a great division, for some still wanted to follow the original instructions and live simply.

The inventive ones, clever but lacking wisdom, made many destructive things by which their lives were disrupted, and which threatened to destroy all the people. Many of the things we see today are known to have existed at that time.

Finally immorality flourished. The life of the people became corrupted with social and sexual license which swiftly involved the Kikmongwi’s (chief’s) wife and daughters, who rarely came home to take care of their household duties. Not only the Kikmongwi but also the high religious leaders were having the same problem. Soon the leaders and others with good hearts were worried that the life of the people was getting out of control.

The Kikmongwi gathered the high priests. They smoked and prayed for guidance toward a way to solve the corruption.

Many times they gathered, until finally someone suggested that they move, find a new place, and start a new life.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next