The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland after Brexit

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scotland after Brexit - Page 2 Empty Re: Scotland after Brexit

Post by Agartha Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:22 am

I've been up all night following the results live, too much at stake for the future and I couldn't sleep.

Tonight has shown that Scotland and England are two completely different countries. The difference between what North voters and South voters want is incredible.

Tonight I say thank you to life and the universe that I live in Scotland, and I feel sorry for the lovely English people that didn't vote for this outcome and will have to face the brutal consequences of another 5 years of Bojo.

Scotland has now a clear mandate for independence. People have been so nice, friendly and welcoming here that I am ready to fight for their independence. Scots have my full support, and that of my family.

SAOR ALBA!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:36 am

Really well said Aggie. I woke up a few minutes ago and immediately checked the results, and all I could think is "Oh SH*T".
What's wrong with people in England? This is the most disrespectful PM they've ever lived under, and they've just voted for him in a landslide!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/12/13/general-election-results-2019-live-boris-johnson-conservatives/

Epic fail.

IndyRef2 can't happen soon enough!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:52 pm

I don't know what's wrong with people in England... how could they overwelmingly vote for him??? And the Tories???

I have very mixed emotions right now: after watching Nicola's speech I feel grateful regarding her welcoming words and excited about the future. But I also feel very sad for the nice people in England that didn't vote for Boris and they will be forced to have him destroying it all...... especially their rights and NHS.

Those who voted for him yesterday did it for one reason only: foreigners. They don't care if they sell off the NHS, as long as the foreigners go. Has anybody seen Katie Hopkins tweets today?... scary stuff........
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:18 pm

It's like some kind of twisted reverse psychology is playing out. The worse he treats voters, the more they seem to want to vote for him. Should be the opposite, surely? 
Not sure what's going on here... Stockholm Syndrome en masse, maybe.

And I just checked Katie Hopkins' Twitter page now after seeing your post, and it just reminds me of why I blocked her on Twitter back in 2013. Nasty Nazi cow!

I've read up a bit about the SNP's response, and I think Nicola is leading us very well. If Westminster refuses to grant IndyRef2 in the short term it'll only backfire on them. I'm impressed by the gains the SNP have made:

Scotland after Brexit - Page 2 _1101310

The map has turned awesomely yellow!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:22 am

Yes! The map has turned a gorgeous yellow indeed!

Scotland doesn't need Bojo's approval for a new referendum as it is in Scotland's power since devolution. Nicola is just being polite but I can tell you right now, I will support Scotland to gain her independence, because the country and the people deserve it!

Did you see the march in Glasgow last night? It was a last minute thing and yet thousands were there shouting 'Not my PM'!. ♥ you Scotland ♥
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:36 pm

Did you both expect Labor to do better? Or someone else? 

Although they are two very different elections, it seems there's similarities with the Labour approach both here and in the UK, and their subsequent losses. Those being an unpopular leader and a confusing mix of policies.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Exactly that, Rogue! I just expected more people to vote for remain parties... whilst labour votes changed and went to Bojo, to the tories, to 5 more years of cruelty... I just don't get that.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:06 pm

I didn't expect Labour to do well at all, because Corbyn has been such a weak and ineffectual leader whose policies are out of touch. I think that party has become more dysfunctional and chaotic under him than it ever was before. It's the same kind of mess the Tories were in when they had several bad/average leaders in the early 2000s before David Cameron took charge.

I didn't see that March in Glasgow Aggie, no - but what you've described sounds like Scots being Scots, and I love it! Very Happy
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:48 pm

Looks like Brexit is all sorted now!  Shocked
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:51 pm

On the original Brexit date on 29th March last year, we got to 7PM on that date(If I remember right!) without an extension being agreed, so if that's anything to do by, it still isn't guaranteed!
But yes, sadly it does seem more likely that it'll really happen this time.

I'm hoping Scotland will become independent ASAP now.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:33 pm

So it’s now happened... First time in my life that I’ve been outside the EU. Wow...

Apparently this has automatically given Scotland the right to hold IndyRef2, and I hope we’ll now go for it - and succeed this time!

This song has been a favourite of mine for years, and in the last few days it’s come into my head again; I’m adopting it as my IndyRef2 song, I think the lyrics are perfect:

TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:40 am

TrueCrazyLion wrote:

Apparently this has automatically given Scotland the right to hold IndyRef2, and I hope we’ll now go for it - and succeed this time!

You may have your wish by the looks of it...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-27/nicola-sturgeon-scottish-national-party-independence-vote-uk/12930292
Rogue
Rogue

TrueCrazyLion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:36 pm

Yes!!! I'm sure Scotland must be allowed to have an indy referendum! Even old colonies got rid of Westminster, I'm sure they won't be able to stop it.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:35 pm

YAAAAAS!!!!! Woohoo!! Very Happy

Love it! I’m so happy that it looks like we’ll get another opportunity so soon!

And the timing will be good too, with Nicola’s excellent handling of the Coronavirus situation so far. She might win a landslide!! Smile Smile Smile
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Agartha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:16 pm

Today, at the SNP conference, Nicola said 'Scotland is a nation on the brink of making history' and that 'Scots have the right to another independence vote'.

She is stating to the nation that it doesn't matter if Johnson says no to another referendum, Scotland is a country, not a region of England and only Scotland can decide its future. She is also stating that Yes will win this time.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:21 pm

Sounds really positive! And yeah, I agree, I think Yes feeling has gained momentum since the 2014 referendum, and I think a lot more people are likely to vote Yes next time we get the chance. Very Happy
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:12 am

I understand it's just five days left until the big exit. There seem to be some possibly positive notes on a trade deal. How are you guys feeling about it all now that it is so close?
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:58 am

My understanding is that the deal which has been reached is an essentially positive one for UK-EU relations, although I admit I’ve not actually read up about the details of it yet, just got a notification about it the other day.
My main concern at the moment is that I really hope Brexit doesn’t delay distribution of the Coronavirus vaccines and lengthen our wait for them.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2