The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CORONAVIRUS-Updates, discussion, etc

+2
Rogue
Lenzabi
6 posters

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

CORONAVIRUS-Updates, discussion, etc - Page 23 Empty Re: CORONAVIRUS-Updates, discussion, etc

Post by Kaere Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:13 am

Rogue wrote:Good to hear Kaere! That's the same side effects I got. Did you also have Moderna?

No, I had Pfizer. 😊
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

CORONAVIRUS-Updates, discussion, etc - Page 23 Empty Re: CORONAVIRUS-Updates, discussion, etc

Post by Rogue Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:00 am

Two Modernas and a Pfizer? Thats a new one for our little group.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:43 pm

Little group and yet we have so many vaccine combinations between us! LOL
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:37 pm

Yes, none of us the same!
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:15 pm

How do you mean? I'm a triple Pfizer 😊
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:55 am

Oh okay, I thought you'd said ages ago you were having Moderna. My bad. You and Ags are the same then.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:38 am

Twins in name, height and vaccine! lol
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:44 am

Agartha wrote:Lion, so far they are only offering the 4th jab to those with severe immunosuppressing conditions (such as cancer and HIV). I don't know if and when they will offer it to the general population.
Yeah, I heard and read this before as well; I’m hoping I might still qualify for it somehow, since I’m not severely immunosuppressed but I’ve still been categorised as being at risk(Appropriately I think, given how much anxiety this pandemic has caused me even if nothing else, LOL!). 
I’m aware I might not get a positive response when I apply for it, but am taking the “If you don’t ask you definitely don’t get” approach. Razz
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:58 am

Lol, true, worst that could happen is them telling you to wait for your allocated time. If I hear anything else in the meantime I'll let you know.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

TrueCrazyLion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:14 pm

Thanks! Very Happy
I’ve been told I’ll be able to ask about booking an appointment from 21st February onwards, as that’s the date when the 12 weeks since my booster expires.
So I’m thinking that maybe, if I phone them on 22/2/2022 to ask about booking an appointment for the near future but it’s not guaranteed, maybe some divine intervention might go my way! Razz
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Agartha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:41 am

IceWendigo wrote:"The Kool Aid only works if everyone drinks it" - Jim Jones

DMED is the Defense Medical Epidemiology Database

https://rumble.com/vtfoko-proof-of-dod-vaccine-assault-on-us-troops.html?mref=7ju1&mrefc=5

https://youtu.be/jtlWCux2dJg

I was going to say something about this but I keep on forgetting: for those who don't know, Rumble is a right wing video hosting site. It is rife with insane conspiracy theories, antivaxx propaganda, racist/ white supremacy supporters such as Trump and Q-Anon idiots.

Rumble constantly features the right wing extremist site called Newsmax.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:03 pm

I don’t even give sites like that the time of day TBH, they’re so full of nonsense, so I just completely ignored his post.

This pandemic has exposed so much stupidity in the general public, I think it’s actually quite scary.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Agartha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:59 am

So, last night, I did a Google search mainly out of boredom and checked out News articles for “Pandemic”, mainly to see if there was any indication on how long the Covid pandemic was likely to last; I found nothing which I considered meaningful, so out of boredom again, I checked out the Pandemic Wikipedia page, and came across a pandemic which I’d previously overlooked - the 1889 “Russian flu” pandemic, so I started reading the Wiki page on it. I noted that the cause of it is currently not certain, but that scientists have begun to suspect it might’ve been caused by a coronavirus.
So I did another Google search, “1889 Pandemic vs Covid”, which threw up some interesting results.
The most interesting one which I came across was this scientific report, which happens to have been published seemingly only 10 days ago:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0755498222000045

I’m not 100% certain on the sources yet, but everything here seems to check out and be legit.

It seems they’ve used medical data which was recorded during that pandemic in the 1890s and thoroughly analysed it.

There are a number of things here which I find fascinating here.

Seemingly this virus was very highly infectious; it mainly targeted older people but also inexplicably killed some healthy young adults; it caused a huge range of symptoms in infected people; there was a massive difference in severity of symptoms in infected people, and it’s speculated that many mild or asymptomatic cases might’ve gone unreported; many infected people had symptoms which lasted for months after the infection itself; infected people suffered with their mental health as well as their physical health; infected people experienced internal organ failure; the virus frequently infected people repeatedly.

I think the similarities with Covid are spooky. (Bearing in mind the lack of medical knowledge in the 1890s and the fact that viruses hadn’t been discovered when that pandemic began!)

I think that with hindsight and the knowledge we have now, there’s actually every probability that the 1889 pandemic could’ve been caused by a coronavirus rather than a flu virus, and that by studying how it played out, we could gain additional understanding of how the current pandemic might play out the remainder of its course.

What do you guys think? I found this fascinating!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:19 pm

Very interesting!! I'll read it at the weekend when I'm off.

And Science Direct is a good site.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:02 pm

Great to hear that it’s a good site! I wasn’t 100% sure if it was but I did hope so. 
And the report is a fairly long read, but well worth the time IMO!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:42 am

I finally had time to read it: so interesting! I agree scientists seemed to have uncovered similarities between this pandemic and the Russian Flu pandemic: similar symptoms (even loss of smell), affecting older people, etc. It's a pity they haven't been able to analyse victims of the Russian flu like they did with the Spanish flu, as that would be the easiest way to confirm it was a coronavirus. 

We know that approximately 20% of all common colds are caused by coronaviruses: did these viruses caused epidemics hundreds/thousands of years ago? We really don't know and because our ancestors did not travel as much as we do now, perhaps an outbreak would have been only local and not known to others?

I think that, the more we look into past pandemics, the more we can see that we'll learn to live with the virus, we will become more immune, just like the seasonal flu.... and perhaps COV19 will end up causing a common cold in a couple of years (decades?) but will continue to affect elderly people more.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:53 am

Just out of interest, has there been much of the flu fir you guys this year? We are being warned that winter here could bring a big upturn. Probably with travel opening up again.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:15 pm

Flu cases have gone down a lot, up to 90% some weeks (compared to pre-covid times). This is a simple example of how effective masks and washing hands are.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:51 pm

Agartha wrote:I finally had time to read it: so interesting! I agree scientists seemed to have uncovered similarities between this pandemic and the Russian Flu pandemic: similar symptoms (even loss of smell), affecting older people, etc. It's a pity they haven't been able to analyse victims of the Russian flu like they did with the Spanish flu, as that would be the easiest way to confirm it was a coronavirus. 

We know that approximately 20% of all common colds are caused by coronaviruses: did these viruses caused epidemics hundreds/thousands of years ago? We really don't know and because our ancestors did not travel as much as we do now, perhaps an outbreak would have been only local and not known to others?

I think that, the more we look into past pandemics, the more we can see that we'll learn to live with the virus, we will become more immune, just like the seasonal flu.... and perhaps COV19 will end up causing a common cold in a couple of years (decades?) but will continue to affect elderly people more.
You’re making so many great points here, and I agree with everything you’ve said!

I think that although it’s easy to jump to conclusions and scientists will always advise against that, for me it’s very clear that this pandemic was caused by a coronavirus, because it behaved so similarly to Covid in so many ways, but it went under the radar at the time because of the lack of scientific knowledge of what was causing the pandemic and how to prevent or fight it(Seemingly scientists at the time thought it was a bacterium which was causing the disease).

The most striking thing about this pandemic for me was now successfully the virus spread; it spread round the whole world repeatedly at a time when people still weren’t travelling like they do now, and it seemingly infected as many as 900 million people at a time when the world population was only about 1.5 billion! That’s probably the most striking similarity to Covid, IMO.

Probably because of the lack of scientific understanding, it seems that this 1890s pandemic relied completely on natural herd immunity to let it run its natural course; that could also provide invaluable info to help us understand how this one is likely to progress from now on.

It’s bound to progress at a different rate to the 1890s pandemic, given that the world is so different now, people are travelling so much more, but we also have the social restrictions and other preventative measures changing the speed at which the virus spreads. 
The single biggest thing which can help us shorten this one is the vaccines, I think; they’re bound to shorten it by years.

It seems to me that coronavirus pandemics are longer and tougher overall than flu pandemics; this one seems to have lasted for at least 5 years before it started dying out. That gives me new hope that we might be closer to the end of this one now, since we’re two years in now and we have the vaccines and other scientific advancements to help us.

One thing which I found encouraging about the progress of the pandemic in the UK, just today, is that Tim who presents the update videos on my C-19/Zoe app(Who’s been recovering from Covid himself) has reported that Zoe have now modified and assimilated their data regarding new cases, because it’s now so difficult to find people in the general population who are unvaccinated and haven’t had the virus. Which must be a sign that immunity is now going up!

What this scientific report on the 1889 pandemic has done for me is provided me with a great source of comfort and relief; Covid might be a novel virus in itself, but it clearly isn’t the first virus of its kind to cause a major pandemic, and the global population came through this last one and went back to normal(Or never stopped living normally) without any lasting problems. I’d believed it might be the case already, but seeing scientific evidence of it has helped something to click for me. This report gives me a new familiarity with and understanding of Covid, and I’m now finding that suddenly it doesn’t scare me quite as much.

Scientific data kicks ass! Very Happy
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:53 am

Yes, lots of similarities between the Russian pandemic and covid19, but we obviously don't know until someone digs out a victim from the permafrost and finds fragments of the virus that killed them. Hopefully there is a bored scientist out there willing to do that! lol

Vaccines are definitely the advantage we have this time around, and I really hope rich countries will send supplies to developing countries! However, the problem western societies will face is long covid: in the UK alone there are approximately 1.2 million people with long covid, of which approx 200 K are children. Some of these people have had to learn to walk and talk again, I personally know one of them, one of the night nurses who caught covid during the first wave. She's still off work, almost two years later. 

The thing with humans is that we will forget how scary it was, just like antivaxx have forgotten their grandparents and great grandparents used to have 10 children so that two would survive all the childhood diseases we don't get anymore because of the vaccines.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next