The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covid-19 Vaccine updates

+2
Agartha
Rogue
6 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Covid-19 Vaccine updates Empty Covid-19 Vaccine updates

Post by Rogue Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:09 am

Thought this was an interesting link updating all the vaccines that are currently in Phase 1 trials or further advanced.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Covid-19 Vaccine updates Empty Re: Covid-19 Vaccine updates

Post by Agartha Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:32 pm

Wow! Excellent article!!! I see I was not up to date as I knew of 6 vaccines in phase 3 but there are actually 8!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:34 pm

Great article, Rogue - and great idea for thread too!

This looks promising RE the development of vaccines, I just hope they can start mass production of them soon.
The one I’m watching most closely is the AstraZeneca vaccine, and if they were holding Phase 3 trials of it nearer to where I am, I’d be volunteering to take part.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:45 pm

I'm hoping they will keep updating the list study Very Happy
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:03 am

Challenge trials...
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:23 am

I actually just read about challenge trials for the first time last night but was still unsure about what they meant, so thanks for posting this video, that’s good clarification!
I find it a scary thought, I’ve got to say - I’ve considered taking part in vaccine trials to try and get protected against the virus as well as trying to do my bit to speed up the vaccine preparation process, but I’d hate to deliberately expose myself to it with no protection! That would scare the crap out of me.

Very interesting video!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:57 pm

Here's an update I just came across, which is looking positive, especially for the UK - we could start getting vaccinated as soon as October, and before a vaccine is available in the EU:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12526472/brits-coronavirus-vaccine-october-dentists-vets-administer-jab/

LOL at one thing being mentioned by the article, BTW - various professionals including vets are being trained to administer the vaccine. 
Vets... LMAO! Razz
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:15 am

If it's not compulsory I will not have a vaccine (or my children) before it is approved by the EU as I do not trust the government to do things properly (seeing as everything lately has been shambles). 

Notice that the changes they need to do to fast track it also includes 'protection from civil liability' which means people cannot sue companies or the government if harm is caused by the vaccines, harm that was not detected due to being approved too quickly. 

Johnson doesn't care about people, only his pockets and he has surrounded himself with people who are not qualified to do anything. Do you really trust his friends to make such a big important decision? Because he will put one of his friends to head the HMRA if the real scientists don't cooperate.

Trump and Putin are going to do the same, fast track a vaccine... when Trump, Putin and Johnson are doing exactly the same thing that makes me worry.

It has now become a matter of who approves the first vaccine, which is political and not scientific. I will not have a vaccines that has not been approved by the EMA, which has high standards and has to be approved by 27 countries. I will not have a vaccine fastracked by Johnson.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

TrueCrazyLion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:05 pm

Very well said!

No, I don’t trust BoJo and his numpty mates either. I think it’s important to get a vaccine out there as quick as possible, but only once it’s been shown to be both safe and effective.
I guess I’m getting tired of waiting so long for a vaccine to be ready and effectively having to put life on hold in the meantime... This whole situation sucks so much right now.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:23 am

I agree totally Ags. I am getting fed up with all this talk of fast tracking things whether it's lifting lockdowns or tavel restrictions, and now vaccines. Most fast tracking through Covid so far has just caused more trouble and more deaths.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:00 am

"Deployment of a weakly effective vaccine could actually worsen the Covid-19 pandemic"...

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2020/aug/30/covid-vaccine-rush-could-make-pandemic-worse-say-scientists
Rogue
Rogue

TrueCrazyLion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:18 am

Excellent article, Rogue! I am glad journalist are telling people the truth: an ineffective (and unsafe) vaccine is worse than no vaccine at all. Not just for unknown possible side effects, but also because it may not provide good immunity, people will think they are immune and take risks (infect themselves or others).

Johnson and Trump are the worst head of states in the world!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:01 pm

Definitely a good article, yep - The Guardian is one of the few sources I personally trust!

And I always only trust scientists when they make these statements, never politicians... LOL.

I just hope a vaccine will be approved soon, using the correct procedures and following all the correct tests.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:40 pm

Just hearing on the news this morning that the AstraZeneca vaccine trial has been put on hold due to a serious side effect being exposed in one person. This is rather unfortunate!!
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:53 am

Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:38 am

I was just coming to post about it! lol

Yes, because one of the British volunteers got really ill (Transverse myelitis is a very serious condition that can lead to paralysis and usually only 1/3 of patients recover fully from it) and now they have to investigate if it was caused by the vaccine or not... very disappointing if it was.

And this is why I would never have a fast tracked vaccine.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:28 am

I read today that there were 2 cases of Transverse myelitis with British volunteers. One woman was found to have undiagnosed MS, which was probably the cause of the TM. The second one, the one that stopped the trials a couple of weeks ago, has been cleared, the company said it's not related to the vaccine but so far they haven't said how they came to their conclusion.

Apparently the Oxford team has issued a report but it's not public, and I don't like this. Transparency should be a priority, especially with a fast tracked vaccine. If a third volunteer ends up with transverses myelitis means there is something wrong and even if they approve it in the UK I will not have it. They should actually cancel it and start from scratch again. 

So far the one I like the best is the German one, minor side effects and only in a small portion of the volunteers. It must be good because Japan and the EU have already done an agreement for hundreds of thousands of doses when it starts producing. They have also been very transparent, which I like. Here is the presentation they made public on 27th August:  https://s21.q4cdn.com/317678438/files/doc_presentations/2020/09/Covid-19-Programs_FINAL.pdf
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:21 am

Thanks for the update, and the article Ags. Very interesting. Looks like we still have a fair way to go, but the German one does sound promising so far.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:07 am

Yes, it does.... I will be looking into which ones will be bought by the EMA as it is operated and monitored by 27 different countries. If the EMA approves a vaccine it is because it has gone through strict and rigorous check. We just have to wait and see.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:32 am

Great as it would be to get a vaccine released, I just hope none get rushed out too early. It could be devastating.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next