The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covid may reactivate viruses.

3 posters

Go down

Covid may reactivate viruses. Empty Covid may reactivate viruses.

Post by Agartha Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:10 am

This has been discussed since last year, mostly in non Western countries. India, for example, had been tested some for post-covid re-infections, but there is no concrete data on it yet. But even in Western countries they have noticed that some old dormant infections 'wake up' when infected with covid. 

My personal opinion: is this why those who had covid but had no major viral infection in the past, seem not to get long covid? Do we have to start thinking of those who get covid as immunocompromised? 

COVID isn’t just infecting you—it could be reactivating viruses that have been dormant in your body for years.

https://fortune.com/well/2022/12/26/is-long-covid-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-myalgic-encephalomyelitis/
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Covid may reactivate viruses. Empty Re: Covid may reactivate viruses.

Post by Rogue Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:53 am

I'll come back to this, looks interesting.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:03 am

It is an interesting take. I have noticed, particularly with the most recent cases who I know, and who have only just got it for the first time, that many of them are having some strong lingering issues. Some have a very very bad cough many weeks on, and several are having regular dizzy patches and become very lethargic at times. It just seems more prevalent now than with the earlier cases.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:15 am

I am noticing that colds and other viruses seem to be lasting longer for sure, and once you think you're over it it comes back harder. Just an observation of my own family and coworkers.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down