The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making contact with Parallel Universe

+2
Agartha
Rogue
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Making contact with Parallel Universe Empty Making contact with Parallel Universe

Post by Rogue Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:57 am

Scientists at Large Hadron Collider hope to make contact with PARALLEL UNIVERSE in days
By PAUL BALDWIN
PUBLISHED: 14:49, Fri, Mar 20, 2015

SCIENTISTS conducting a mindbending experiment at the Large Hadron Collider next week hope to connect with a PARALLEL UNIVERSE outside of our own.

Making contact with Parallel Universe Large-Hadron-Collider-LHC-565315
Large Hadron ColliderGetty
Collision course: Large Hadron Collider could discover parallel universe

The staggeringly complex LHC ‘atom smasher’ at the CERN centre in Geneva, Switzerland, will be fired up to its highest energy levels ever in a bid to detect - or even create - miniature black holes.

If successful a completely new universe will be revealed – rewriting not only the physics books but the philosophy books too.

It is even possible that gravity from our own universe may ‘leak’ into this parallel universe, scientists at the LHC say.

The experiment is sure to inflame alarmist critics of the LHC, many of whom initially warned the high energy particle collider would spell the end of our universe with the creation a black hole of its own.

But so far Geneva remains intact and comfortably outside the event horizon.

Indeed the LHC has been spectacularly successful. First scientists proved the existence of the elusive Higgs boson ‘God particle’ - a key building block of the universe - and it is seemingly well on the way to nailing ‘dark matter’ - a previously undetectable theoretical possibility that is now thought to make up the majority of matter in the universe.

Next week’s experiment is considered to be a game changer.

Mir Faizal, one of the three-strong team of physicists behind the experiment, said: “Just as many parallel sheets of paper, which are two dimensional objects [breadth and length] can exist in a third dimension [height], parallel universes can also exist in higher dimensions.

“We predict that gravity can leak into extra dimensions, and if it does, then miniature black holes can be produced at the LHC.

"Normally, when people think of the multiverse, they think of the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, where every possibility is actualised.

"This cannot be tested and so it is philosophy and not science.

“This is not what we mean by parallel universes. What we mean is real universes in extra dimensions.

“As gravity can flow out of our universe into the extra dimensions, such a model can be tested by the detection of mini black holes at the LHC.

“We have calculated the energy at which we expect to detect these mini black holes in ‘gravity's rainbow’ [a new scientific theory].

“If we do detect mini black holes at this energy, then we will know that both gravity's rainbow and extra dimensions are correct."

When the LHC is fired up the energy is measured in Tera electron volts – a TeV is 1,000,000,000,000, or one trillion, electron Volts

So far, the LHC has searched for mini black holes at energy levels below 5.3 TeV.

But the latest study says this is too low.

Instead, the model predicts that black holes may form at energy levels of at least 9.5 TeV in six dimensions and 11.9 TeV in 10 dimensions.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/565315/Scientists-at-Large-Hadron-Collider-hope-to-make-contact-with-PARALLEL-UNIVERSE-in-days
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Making contact with Parallel Universe Empty Re: Making contact with Parallel Universe

Post by Agartha Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:39 am

This is soooo exciting!!!!

I hope they can find parallel universes, that would be incredible! Fringe coming to real life! lol

"If black holes are not detected at the predicted energy levels, this would mean one of three possibilities," Khalil explained. "One, extra dimensions do not exist. Two, they exist, but they are smaller than expected. Or three, the parameters of gravity's rainbow need to be modified."

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-03-mini-black-holes-lhc-parallel.html#jCp
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Making contact with Parallel Universe Empty Re: Making contact with Parallel Universe

Post by Lenzabi Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:32 pm

Ags, either Fringe,,,,,or the Mist
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:23 pm

Yay! That is really fascinating Rog. Who knows what's out there.

Never look at the stary, stary sky the same way again!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:18 pm

Lenzabi wrote:Ags, either Fringe,,,,,or the Mist

OMG!!!! I had forgotten about that movie...... now I'm scared!
lol
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:46 am

This just confirms a point I have made in other threads about our science catching up with our beliefs. People have believed in extra dimensions for years and years, but the scientific evidence has never been there to prove this one way of another, seems like it could be very soon.
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:11 am

Very true Stirks, exciting... and a little mind blowing if this goes positively for scientific evidence.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:07 am

Absolutely mind blowing, just hope it goes to plan lol!!!

Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:43 am

You are right, Stirky, if they prove other dimensions to be scientifically true, it would confirm what 'non scientifically' sources have been saying all along.

But I am not excited anymore.... not after Len's post!
lol
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:56 am

Sorry Ags.

I have been aware of the things for a long time, many are likely to be a empty call, others may be happy to find others out there, some well, it would be good if they had a sign hung stating "do not disturb" "no soliciting", etc. Of course there aren't such signs.

Like I said, at age 6(shell years, not soul), I wasted my breath discussing the dimension/Universe I had been in before entry to this one vie spiritual acceptance to this shell. That was now 45yrs ago. Some Universes are as curious about here as here is about them.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:02 pm

There is no logical reason why alternate uni's don't exist. After all we live in one so there could well be others.

Prob is detecting them.

Tim.

Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:19 pm

Yeah but they were a hard concept for so many back in say 45yrs or so ago. Seems to be a real head twister for some folks to this day! The school Psychologist even labeled me at age 6 as Schizophrenic, despite showing no other symptoms of that condition. That man was of little ability to wrap his head around the concepts a 6yr old meat-shell was laying on him.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:16 am

I believe you, Len but don't forget what I posted the other day that Derren Brown said: just because you believed in  your memories the professionals were never going to agree with you because they were just your thoughts, without any evidence to back it up but your memories.

This takes us to what Stirky said the other day, that sometimes science proves what some have believed for centuries. 

Going back to the OP, I just read that if the black holes are found at a certain energy, it could prove that the 'rainbow gravity' theory is correct and would debunk the famous Big bang. The rainbow gravity theory suggests the universe stretches back into time with no singular point where it started, hence making the original big bang obsolete.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:20 am

Now if they prove the big bang did actually not happen, well that will throw a spanner into the works of the science world. Many theories have been built on the big bang, our whole knowledge of how we see the universe is built around that moment. If it never happened then everything changes.
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:33 am

Absolutely, Stirks!
I have always been honest and said that the Big bang theory just doesn't make sense in my head, I simply cannot comprehend it (as much as Tim have tried to! lol).

But an infinite multidimensional universe makes a lot more sense to me...
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:35 am

Yes it does make more sense in my head too, I have never been able to comprehend that there was once nothing at all. But there will be an awful lot of upset and confused people if this gets proven, it will literally rewrite all of history Razz
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:38 am

You and me feel the Big bang doesn't make sense for the same reason: we just cannot comprehend how everything started from nothing.....
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:42 am

Exactly, surely there has always had to be something
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:08 am

I agree and think the same...... and I am now waiting for Tim's reply cause he has tried to explain it to me before... unsuccessfully I must say... lol
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:22 am

Lol Wink
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next