The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search for intelligent life

+2
Rogue
Stirky
6 posters

Go down

Search for intelligent life Empty Search for intelligent life

Post by Stirky Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:22 am

I saw this on our news on Monday and was so excited about it. Breakthrough Listen is a new project that will spend the next 10 years trying to find other intelligent life somewhere out there. Listening for radio signals from a much bigger area of the universe than ever before, scanning the planets around millions of stars. Imagine being able to find the answer I=to the age old question within the next 10 years??!!

Stephen Hawking is involved with this project, although has still made his reservations about what could potentially happen if contact with another (or more) intelligent life form was made. I have always admired Stephen Hawking, and I think this project is amazing.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/jul/20/breakthrough-listen-massive-radio-wave-project-scan-far-regions-for-alien-life

http://time.com/3967126/stephen-hawking-seti-extraterrestrial-life-breakthrough/
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Search for intelligent life Empty Re: Search for intelligent life

Post by Rogue Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:46 am

So very exciting!! Who knows what is possible now Wink
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:12 am

Excellent!
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:12 pm

I know, this could be the biggest thing EVER!
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:28 pm

Should be interesting to see what they do find
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:17 pm

If they find nothing, that may also be interesting and present an equally perplexing question.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:22 am

Rogue wrote:
If they find nothing, that may also be interesting and present an equally  perplexing question.

I know life is all over the universe, unless we perceive the universe to be dead. I can't help wondering what we we would do if we found life as we know it on some distant planet. To be honest I think we would begin to panic if we thought they were 100 years ahead of us in terms of technology alone. We have not yet found anything that comes close enough to life and death as on our planet less distance than light years away.

I know it sounds exciting and and everything, but truthfully, I don't think we should think that finding life forms as we know them, sharing the same time/space, and having a history as ours is priority.

At the moment I think we could use some help, and I know we are getting some from the other galactic bodies, however, we are ill and need more medical and spiritual attention on the planet. Finding a comet and landing on top of it is exciting, but can only be beneficial, when we are healthy, and can absorb it. Lets hear what you guys think.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:06 pm

There will be life out there but we may not recognise it as such. The building blocks of life are all around us out there.

A bit of light relief:

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:35 pm

lol...
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:42 pm

Well Mr. Timothy Rookhopper Smile I sat watching the video and and I started thinking, is it possible to identify a life not similar to ours. The question is, does all lifeforms exist in our universe? If the answer is yes, there must be other life forms. The reason you cannot see that your life form is rare, does not mean there are not other life forms.
If we found life forms any at, all how would we know they are life forms. We humans could be like pearls, if you traveled to another part of the galaxy there could be so many planets and people just like our.
In the end its really all a matter of perspective.

If we looked at it like a family the earth is a child of one of the planets mixed with another planet that produces a child like the earth. Just the same as no two human beings are alike, we may be way off in our search. We might have to change the criterion of what we really are searching for.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:39 pm

Well if your Congress and Senate is like our Parliament you won't find intelligent life there either Star!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:29 am

Rockhopper wrote:Well if your Congress and Senate is like our Parliament you won't find intelligent life there either Star!

Tim.

I think we should avoid mixing natural intelligence with political intelligence. Lol. And I know you are going to say "you are either intelligent or you are not star". Truth is Tim, are we looking for something exactly like us, or are we looking for biological life, or life forms? Tell me if you think my question makes any sense?

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:38 pm

Yup it makes sense. Of course the only life we would be likely to find would have to be of an advanced kind. They would be able to communicate across the vast distances of the Universe. Lower life forms would not be able to do so.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:00 am

Here’s How Hillary Clinton Is Hoping To Win The UFO Vote
I would like to go into those files and make as much of that public as possible — we ought to share it with the public.” — Hillary Clinton
Search for intelligent life 570d28ee2e0000640095113a
http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/hillary-clinton-vows-to-release-ufo-files_us_570bd063e4b0142232498591?section=australia

Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:02 pm

Just listen to the arrogance as if UFO's should not be public knowledge. She thinks she is doing us a favor if we vote for her.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down