The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Costa Rica Plans To Shut Down Its Zoos!

3 posters

Go down

Costa Rica Plans To Shut Down Its Zoos! Empty Costa Rica Plans To Shut Down Its Zoos!

Post by Solace Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:51 pm

This is bringing happy tears!!  cheers Another win for animals!!! (which makes me very happy) It will take some time, but the wheels are in motion..!

http://www.trueactivist.com/costa-rica-is-shutting-down-its-zoos-and-freeing-all-animals-in-captivity/
Solace
Solace

Back to top Go down

Costa Rica Plans To Shut Down Its Zoos! Empty Re: Costa Rica Plans To Shut Down Its Zoos!

Post by Rockhopper Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:32 pm

So that rich pricks can pay a lot to shoot endangered animals Sol.

One of the saddest things about zoos is that they will be the only place where some endangered animals can survive and that is a tragedy!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Costa Rica Plans To Shut Down Its Zoos! Empty Re: Costa Rica Plans To Shut Down Its Zoos!

Post by Kaere Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:55 pm

Rock, ummm... it says that Costa Rica is the first country in the world to have banned hunting for sport already, so not sure that's the motivation. The zoos won't be shut down for another ten years (because of contracts) but activists are pushing towards having the gov't transform them into cageless bio-parks.

When the day does come that the country is able to transform its zoos into cage-less bio parks, however, animals in captivity not able to be released into the wild will be cared for in rescue centers and wildlife sanctuaries throughout the country.

So it seems to me that this is being done for entirely the right reasons Smile
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:00 pm

Yup Ka, I was referring to the closing of zoos in general not just Costa Rico.

A few of well-run zoos may be the answer to protect some very endangered animals.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:12 pm

I just have to believe that this is for the right reasons and hope that other countries follow suit.. (please don't get me started on trophy hunting as i already lost my mind recently over it ~sigh~) I am seeing this as a step in the right direction. Smile Thanks for the input you two!
Solace
Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down