The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100% Proof Christianity Is Bullshit

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

100% Proof Christianity Is Bullshit  Empty 100% Proof Christianity Is Bullshit

Post by Stargate Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:06 pm

It is always educational to hear a different view of ancient history. This is quite interesting to have in ones knowledge chest.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

100% Proof Christianity Is Bullshit  Empty Re: 100% Proof Christianity Is Bullshit

Post by Rockhopper Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:26 am

Of course it is Star.

http://freethoughtnation.com/forums/

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

100% Proof Christianity Is Bullshit  Empty Re: 100% Proof Christianity Is Bullshit

Post by Agartha Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:29 am

All religions are BS created to control and oppress.

I know a couple of hard line Christians and two of them posted on facebook yesterday that they and their kids will not celebrate halloween as it is pagan and not christian......

So I sent her a private message that said: 'Did you know that 25th December was also an ancient  pagan celebration the Catholics made Christian in the middle ages?'

Still waiting for a reply....... lol

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:50 am

So many "Christian" Holidays sit on formerly Pagan ones, it was the old Churches way to incorporate pagans peacefully into Christiandom. the war like method left few souls to win over, so they went that route to gain power and position amongst communities that were Pagan.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:22 am

All the main festivities have pagan origins!!

BTW that acquaintance on facebook has deleted me as a friend..... OMG!! hahaha
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:12 am

Ags, you have to meet those people, its part of your responsibility from the moment you became conscious of the fact,to pass it on. Ignorance causes all kind of problems. We cannot expect people to just accept truths because we perceive it that way. They interpret it as pain, it is obvious no one wants pain, so they run, but they cannot run forever. Sooner or later she will remember what you said to her, just not yet.

I think the virtue of humbleness is a good ticket to pay for enlightenment.

On the "Pagan truth" there are so many people who do not know what paganism means? They look at the "Pope" and do not notice the fish head he wears.

The Egyptians were first meta physicians, science and spirit were not in conflict. This is the same point where western science and religion goes into conflict. 
Spirit is, religion is a choice.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:54 am

Why does anyone care what Christians believe or not? I don't want anyone to care about what I believe or not... can we not offer the same respect to someone even though they believe something we don't?

I find the idea that anyone (Christian or otherwise) needs converting to a 'better' way of thinking to be quite aggressive and divisive.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:07 pm

Maybe you don't Kaere, but many people believe they cannot live without religion. They think what is good for them is good for everyone. If you do not, or cannot accept it the way they do, you are evil, and contrary.

It is evident that in our past history you did not have to chose anything when you are spiritual.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:44 pm

Maybe you don't Kaere, but many people believe they cannot live without religion. They think what is good for them is good for everyone. If you do not, or cannot accept it the way they do, you are evil, and contrary.

So? Then let them live with their religion. We don't know what's best for them any more than they know what's best for us. I feel your statement could apply to anyone, spiritual or otherwise.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:54 pm

Kaere just bite as much as you can chew, I have no problems with religion or any one, I live, and that's it. I am not sure I know what statement you mean.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:15 pm

Stargate wrote:Ags, you have to meet those people, its part of your responsibility from the moment you became conscious of the fact,to pass it on. Ignorance causes all kind of problems.

This statement ^^ saying it's the responsibility of those who are 'conscious' to pass on better information and the implication that the religious are ignorant. It's the same kind of thing that religions tell people when it comes to converting anyone to their way of thinking. If I've misunderstood you, I apologize.

I do find these kinds of discussions to be frustrating. What's the point of pointing out the weeds in someone else's yard when our own backyard is no better? Are we truly trying to understand the religious mindset or is it just about feeling better about ourselves? Seems to me that all belief systems are just different names for the same dang thing - Pagan, "Spiritual", Christian, Jewish, Atheist - whatever! It's just people trying to get through their lives.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:29 pm

K, if you find out some type of information that you find beneficial to you, or humanity, (better or lesser) I think it is your responsibility to pass it on or not. If you chose to not pass it on it is your choice. If you pass it on and the person or group chose to ignore it, then so be it.

I think you have misunderstood my statement, I have no problems with religion, organisation, your way of life, or whatever, its just not for me. 

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:05 pm

I actually have a problem with some religious people, it really upsets me when they don't let their kids have fun with others (like that woman on facebook not allowing her daughters to join their friends having fun at halloween), it upsets me when they don't let their kids celebrate birthdays or participate in birthday parties (like the Jehova witness), it upsets me when girls have to go through genital mutilation or they will be dishonoured, it upsets me when parents would ignore medical advice cause god knows best and let their kids die...  etc etc

I can't shut up when it affects children. Children should be able to have a great childhood joining their peers to have fun together.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:19 pm

There again Ags, you are the mother/father, I cannot force you to not be tolerant of others. Life is what you create it to be, you can chose what you like, together with the consequences that is attached.
You look at children as your marker in this life, so you do not like it when barriers are placed in the way of children.
Some people see religion the same way, it is their marker. The good part is, I make my own choice, even if I follow anyone. 

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:02 pm

Stargate wrote:You look at children as your marker in this life, so you do not like it when barriers are placed in the way of children.

You got me, this is me: I feel I have a duty to protect those that are vulnerable: the children, the elderly and the sick.

I am not an intolerant person, but I will not respect you if you hurt others, whether you hurt them emotionally or physically. I cannot tolerate people who hurt those that need protection the most.

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:12 pm

Truth is you do not have to be a christian to be who you are.
My take on this religion question is, if I need a crutch because I am too weak to stand up, I look for some thing, or someone to take my responsibility for me. This is why I think they say Jesus died for me.
When I read the bible it is better I listen to the news with all it's negative, because so much to tolerate following it, besides, it is not big enough to contain my life.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:43 pm

I am not religious, but I am spiritual.... I don't need a fake holy book written by men to tell me what to do. I also believe Jesus never existed as there is no evidence.

But, if I had to choose a religion then I'd be a pagan....as they respect Mother Earth and all its inhabitants.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:21 pm

I for one am happy to let folks have their own beliefs, i draw a line when they try to shove their religious views down my throat via force. As most do not, I am quite happy with such arrangements. Civil discourse, I will listen to them, as well as expect the respect to listen to my views in return.

It is a shame the one person "unfriended" you over an issue rather than inquire Ags as to why you felt that way. But I will also agree with Kaere that as long as they are not harming, why worry?

Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:32 pm

That is somewhat my point of what ignorance can cause. This person might have turned off a good relationship for not much. It sounds as if the word "pagan" makes her stomach turn. Hahaha, I could not help the laugh.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:38 pm

Lenzabi wrote: But I will also agree with Kaere that as long as they are not harming, why worry?

But they are harming, they are harming their children, they don't let their children enjoy innocent childhood times because of their religious beliefs.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next