The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100% Proof Christianity Is Bullshit

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

100% Proof Christianity Is Bullshit  - Page 2 Empty Re: 100% Proof Christianity Is Bullshit

Post by Lenzabi Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:53 am

Agartha wrote:
Lenzabi wrote: But I will also agree with Kaere that as long as they are not harming, why worry?

But they are harming, they are harming their children, they don't let their children enjoy innocent childhood times because of their religious beliefs.

Yes, and that is sad, but then again they are going to raise their children as they see fit. Then those children get older, ask questions, seek out other religious ideas, spiritual beliefs, or become Atheists. well, a good chunk of those kids do so. Alternately there are kids who grow up in a not Christian up-bringing that also gravitate to that religion for their own personal reasons as well. I was speaking of people who try and force adults who have made choices to switch their choice by physical violence to change to their views/ways.

I am supportive of my friends' decision to hold their son back from "Bible Snacks" which takes place in a public school, if it were a church school it would make sense, but it is because in WV the people here tend to blur lines a lot in such matters. I will be glad to get to a more progressive minded state/area when we can.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

100% Proof Christianity Is Bullshit  - Page 2 Empty Re: 100% Proof Christianity Is Bullshit

Post by Rockhopper Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:50 am

Imposing their views on their children is child abuse and the parents should be charged accordingly.

I raised 4 kids in a godless home and I told them that when they were adults they could decide for themselves what they wanted to believe.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:56 am

I totally agree, Len, we all raise our kids as we see fit, but emotional and physical abuse is not to be tolerated and I will never respect parents like this. We are meant to love and protect our kids, not to scar them psychologically and emotionally.... and unfortunately most religions do exactly that.

...most, not all...

Rock, absolutely! It is child abuse! And all based on lies and fabrication!!
I am also raising my kids to believe what they want to believe when they grow up, hence they have friends from all backgrounds and religions... they will decide what to do when they are older.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:10 pm

I am not so sure we can call it child abuse, maybe it is all the parent knows and cannot see the damage.

I want to agree with leaving it up to the child to make their own choice when they are grown.
Ags says she is spiritual because it serves her as it serves me, some people get rewards from serving the church, or the so called devil. I guess we could say everything goes.
One of the thing I do not like about religion is the part where they play around with too much force, plus they are not inclusive.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:14 pm

Sadly in America, if there is no physical signs, abuse is hard to stop. Emotional abuse and the other things you worry about are hard to track, and hard to stop. It is hard to also see if the kids are acting happy, and seem to enjoy their sunday religious indoctrination.

Now here, in the schools, they try and get tot he kids through food. As the young one here is a food vacuum, he is likely not pleased on some level that he is prevented from food access, even though the school provides a breakfast and lunch program and he receives food in excess so they do not waste the leftovers. He really does not need that extra snack, especially when it is presented as part of an indoctrination program that should NOT be aloud in a Public, government funded school.

But in the privacy of their homes, that gets harder to deal with, and harder to tell if the religiosity is strongly rammed down the minds of the kids living there or not. And in a population that sees itself as mostly Christian, as America does, it is ignored for the most part.

In my state, I am in a minority position due to all the Bible-thumpers in the area.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:24 pm

You make some very good points Len, especially when it come to identifying if the child is understanding, or what it is relating to.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:29 pm

Rockhopper wrote:Imposing their views on their children is child abuse and the parents should be charged accordingly.

I would also not go so far as to call it child abuse. My children are growing up in a godless home but not a belief free home, I explain what I believe to be true and frankly it brings them comfort to know their baba is still around in some form and that death is not the end of it all, I explain about karma and putting positivity and love into the world and why. Yet... you'd charge me with child abuse? Fine, call the police on me.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:42 pm

I get your point, but telling your children the truth does not equate to religion. I am also not sure you saying godless home is correct because you are a goddess in your own right. I hope you understand what I mean. For me Mother/Fathers are gods for their children.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:48 pm

Stargate, I do understand what you mean, very much so. The thing is that the truth is subjective. Christian parents or Muslim parents or Buddhist parents or Atheist parents are ALL telling their children the TRUTH as they see it.

This is why there are wars... because each side insists they are the only right ones and everyone else is the problem.

I really am finding this discussion to be very frustrating and biased and will be stepping out of it, not even gonna read.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:04 pm

Kaere wrote:Stargate, I do understand what you mean, very much so. The thing is that the truth is subjective. Christian parents or Muslim parents or Buddhist parents or Atheist parents are ALL telling their children the TRUTH as they see it.

This is why there are wars... because each side insists they are the only right ones and everyone else is the problem.

I really am finding this discussion to be very frustrating and biased and will be stepping out of it, not even gonna read.
Kaere, let me encourage you, discussions are never useless, I agree sometimes it gets frustrating as you say, but we learn from exchanging views. You should try to not get carried away even when you think its biased. I love discussing with you, although sometimes we see things differently I look forward to it. 

It makes me sad when you say you are not going to read, I hope you are not going to do that. Come out and say why you think it's biased K.

I agree with you on the last point, however it does not mean they know the truth. The computer is helping many parents and religions to update the information they once held for righteous.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:30 pm

Kaere wrote:
Rockhopper wrote:Imposing their views on their children is child abuse and the parents should be charged accordingly.

I would also not go so far as to call it child abuse. My children are growing up in a godless home but not a belief free home, I explain what I believe to be true and frankly it brings them comfort to know their baba is still around in some form and that death is not the end of it all, I explain about karma and putting positivity and love into the world and why. Yet... you'd charge me with child abuse? Fine, call the police on me.

You are mistaking what we mean by 'imposing views'. Here is an example of what we mean, and I know you are NOT like that:

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:32 pm

This video shows very well why some of the parents are not abusing their children because they are giving them what they know. To their own perception, they are giving their children, "the key to life". Some of these children in the video will be violent, because violence is being placed in their delicate brains, they will teach their children the truth as they know it.

Governments do the same thing to children, are we supposed to think they know what they are doing?

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:56 pm

The video shows clear abuse. The children are scared and crying. That is emotional abuse that will damage them for life. I don't care if it is what they know, there is a point in life when we have to change what we know because we love our kids.

That is abuse and it's disgusting.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:22 pm

Kaere wrote:I would also not go so far as to call it child abuse. My children are growing up in a godless home but not a belief free home, I explain what I believe to be true and frankly it brings them comfort to know their baba is still around in some form and that death is not the end of it all, I explain about karma and putting positivity and love into the world and why. Yet... you'd charge me with child abuse? Fine, call the police on me.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying Ka. Indoctrination of religion is child abuse when it's heavy-handed,.it makes no difference whether it's Paganism, Christianism, Islam or fairies in a gumtree. When it is forced upon young children at the expense of allowing them to grow and learn about this wonderful world we live in, it is abuse.

A religious belief is fine but not when it's taken to an extreme like the earth is only 6000 yrs old and that a simple goat herder build a big boat for two of every animal in the planet. That heaven is a wonderful place with harps playing all around and people float on fluffy clouds but hell is a horrible place. The concept of hell is expressly designed to scare the living blazes out of children.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:00 pm

There is not much to comment on with your point, there has to be a point when we can no longer blame others. 

Abuse is abuse, but the seeds were planted by someone.I am sure there are so many sides to our discussion. We could say one mans heaven is another mans hell.
Religion does not necessarily mean you teach evil, but evil can be a religion.
In the final analysis everything must be measured on self. He who feels it knows it.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum