The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you believe the Holy Bible ?

+9
IceWendigo
Rinoa
Mordae
Rockhopper
Agartha
Monk (in hiding)
Kaere
X
Marilyn7
13 posters

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Do you believe the Holy Bible ? - Page 15 Empty Re: Do you believe the Holy Bible ?

Post by Monk (in hiding) Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:36 pm

Rinoa wrote:Every time I speak my thoughts or give my opinion I get knocked down, best to stay neutral I think.

Kinda like what eye experience.  Very Happy 

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Do you believe the Holy Bible ? - Page 15 Empty Re: Do you believe the Holy Bible ?

Post by Rinoa Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:36 pm

vision-master wrote:
Miss Elizabeth wrote:
vision-master wrote:
Miss Elizabeth wrote:Life can be one big illusion, it all depends with what eyes we look at it with

The illusion comes to an end as does life.........

no it never comes to an end, it's seeing the reality through the illusion that most people fail to see. Our world revolves around one thing, and if humans realised that then all would become one and in tune with the universe around us. the reality is it will never happen

Yes, all illusions come to an end, this I was shown last night. It is true, the spirit told me so.
-

Spirit showed me a triangle last night VM.
Rinoa
Rinoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:37 pm

Oh for gawds sake you two, I feel like banging your bloomin heads together!!
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:38 pm

Rinoa wrote:
vision-master wrote:
Miss Elizabeth wrote:
vision-master wrote:
Miss Elizabeth wrote:Life can be one big illusion, it all depends with what eyes we look at it with

The illusion comes to an end as does life.........

no it never comes to an end, it's seeing the reality through the illusion that most people fail to see. Our world revolves around one thing, and if humans realised that then all would become one and in tune with the universe around us. the reality is it will never happen

Yes, all illusions come to an end, this I was shown last night. It is true, the spirit told me so.
-

Spirit showed me a triangle last night VM.

Yes, I see many of them too. four points of a triangle is 3D.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:40 pm

Miss Elizabeth wrote:Oh for gawds sake you two, I feel like banging your bloomin heads together!!

Do you believe the Holy Bible ? - Page 15 Its_a_small_island_slow_bumper_bumper_sticker

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:41 pm

Do you believe the Holy Bible ? - Page 15 Bumper_humor_190

flower 

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinoa Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:41 pm

Goodness sake I'm talking about spiritual stuff again, quick change the subject.
Rinoa
Rinoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:43 pm

Rinoa wrote:Goodness sake I'm talking about spiritual stuff again, quick change the subject.

YIKES!  Shocked

Wondering if the Islands PM's app crashed yet.  Wink

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinoa Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:54 pm

lol.
Rinoa
Rinoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Well I rarely use PM's here, only if somebody ahs sent me one, which hasn't been often at all, so won't be me crashing them!!
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:59 pm

Ara wrote:I agree with Len, in the name of the Bible and its God millions were slaughtered in The Americas and Africa........millions.
Plus in the Bible there are so many stories approving incest, killing infidels, etc.......... I refuse to accept it as a book who defines who I am.

I have my own personal beliefs, those define who I am.

But, I let my kids believe whatever they want to believe.....and even if one of them decides to become a vicar....so be it.

Exactly, some 2.000 year old collection of historical witnessing/fairy-tales/etc does not define us, what we do with our knowledge, our information and our lives is what defines each of us. Taken literally, if the Bible defines you, Hmm, says that you are dusty and dry, rigid and incapable of acting without violence? Is that what folks want? I highly doubt it as people tend to buck a book trend, only the mindless, or easy to control would blindly follow a book, or most cases, the person who uses said book to drive a crowd to his whims coated in the religious context of that book, which has happened a huge number of times in those 2k years.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:56 pm

Ara wrote:
Captain Jack wrote:anything that tells you how to live your life...
throw It away...anything that installs fear as a means of control...throw It away!

woman...its simple...

Ok.........post here a chapter that fits your theory, please.

It's up for interpretation of course, but once I stripped out the control mechanisms and obvious additions it seems to come back to 'Know thyself" and "Do no harm". The same applies to most of the other religious texts that I've read.
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:49 am

Funny how many that define themselves spiritual and religious, then judge others according to their low standards and without evidence....and rush to conclusions and petty slander.

....and unfortunately they then tarnish the names of other religious and spiritual people.

I had no PMs yesterday from anybody, I actually left the Island  after reading the last posts on this thread.

I hope we can begin a new day today.....where we can discuss things like the adults we are, without calling names and acting childish.

Hugs to all ♥
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:23 am

It's all good Ags, there wasn't really ever a problem, just people getting their views out in the open.
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:24 am

I'm feeling a lot of prejudice here being in the small minority that looks at the Bible as a sacred covenant.

I'm I this or that, no....... I'm none of the above. People have turned away from god, you reap what you sow.

The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that does good.…
Psalm 14:1-7

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:30 am

Turning away from a book is not turning away from God or source or whatever else it may be called.

No one here has said you shouldn't think of the bible as a sacred covenant, if it's important to you then it's important to you. Just perhaps don't expect it to have to be important to everyone else. Watch your own path, don't worry about mine Smile (for example)... or you may end up tripping on something you could have avoided.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by X Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:37 am

believe in alienlife...and the truth shall set you free brothas and sistas!

see...why do we have wars?

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:44 am

The intellect is very good at rationalizing viewpoints...

"In turbulent times, in times of great change, people head for the two extremes: fundamentalism and personal, spiritual experience...With no membership lists or even a coherent philosophy or dogma, it is difficult to define or measure the unorganized New Age movement. But in every major U.S. and European city, thousands who seek insight and personal growth cluster around a metaphysical bookstore, a spiritual teacher, or an education center." 1
John Naisbitt:

I subscribe to neither and claim no allegiance to either fundamentalism or personal, spiritual experience. Yet both and all have an important messages as in there cannot be day without night.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:48 am

Captain Jack wrote:believe in alienlife...and the truth shall set you free brothas and sistas!

see...why do we have wars?

Thinking,,,,,,,,,,'they' believe all thoughts come from within their own grey matter? There is no god that exists as shown in the Bible, free will comes without spiritual consequences.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by X Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:59 am

in the bible they describe that entity or entities in their way...in that era....im sure we would describe those experiences much differently now

think about it

if an alien life form from heaven/space fell right now...offering love and salvation to man...which would cure all wickedness on earth...how would you write the tale?

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next