The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CORONAVIRUS-Updates, discussion, etc

+2
Rogue
Lenzabi
6 posters

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

CORONAVIRUS-Updates, discussion, etc - Page 22 Empty Re: CORONAVIRUS-Updates, discussion, etc

Post by Agartha Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:52 pm

I think masks are a great thing and we should adopt Asian habits of wearing one when one has a cold, for example. I see them as a sign of intelligence and respect.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

CORONAVIRUS-Updates, discussion, etc - Page 22 Empty Re: CORONAVIRUS-Updates, discussion, etc

Post by Rogue Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:07 am

I really hate masks! I seem to continually get an itchy nose, and they're no fun in the heat, getting all sweaty at the nose and chin. Thankfully we don't have to wear them outdoors atm.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:01 am

Nobody likes wearing them, they can also irritate the skin, but I see them as necessary indoors.......  imagine how doctors and nurses in ICU wards feel, where they wear 2 masks.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:58 am

Yeah I definately see the positive points to them.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:32 am

I agree with Aggie’s point that masks are a good thing, definitely in terms of inhibiting COVID! They seem to make a huge difference. And I agree that they’re a sign of intelligence and respect too, I instinctively feel safer(And have done throughout the pandemic) if the people around me are wearing face masks.

I currently don’t leave my flat at all without wearing a mask, I’m not sure how long it’ll be before I feel ready to stop wearing masks in public, but at the moment it feels as important to me to wear a mask when going out as it does to wear a pair of shoes.

I can imagine Rogue having more of a problem with wearing them, with the weather being so hot where you are! Here it’s so much cooler that usually the masks don’t make you feel hot at all(In fact, when it’s very cold they actually provide insulation and protection against the discomfort of breathing in cold air!).

And Aggie, I didn’t realise that they double-mask in hospitals, I thought they just wore one mask. That must be pretty difficult at times!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Rogue Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:57 pm

I also don't like spending the whole day breathing in the breath I've just breathed out Mad
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:08 pm

Oh yeah, the mask discussion! Razz 
I find that wearing a mask makes me feel tired and sleepy more easily when I’m not standing up, and it must indeed be the relative lack of fresh air I’m breathing in which does it.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:34 am

The oxygen you breath in when wearing a mask is the same amount you get without a mask. There is no difference in air and no CO2 remains in the mask when you exhale. Surgeons wear two masks for hours on end without any negative side effect.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:53 am

I had my booster yesterday, my arm hurts and I'm tired, but that's about all for any side effects.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:48 pm

Thanks for clarifying this Aggie, I’d always wondered TBH!

And great that you’ve had the booster, K! Your reaction to it sounds similar to my reaction when I got my second dose of the original vaccine(Although mine wasn’t Pfizer at that point!). I’m guessing it’ll fade pretty quick and you’ll soon feel fine. Smile
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:10 pm

That's fantastic news, K!!! It's so important to have a 3rd shot right now.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:45 pm

I’m hoping to apply for my 4th one(2nd booster) before the end of this month, as the 12 weeks will have passed since my booster in November, so I should be eligible. Fingers crossed!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:14 pm

Good to hear Kaere! That's the same side effects I got. Did you also have Moderna?
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:50 am

Lion, so far they are only offering the 4th jab to those with severe immunosuppressing conditions (such as cancer and HIV). I don't know if and when they will offer it to the general population.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next