The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music you are listening to right now Part 4

+13
IceWendigo
Agartha
Nami4444
Rockhopper
Milocross
Lenzabi
Stirky
Quietstorm
Monk (in hiding)
Rinoa
Marilyn7
LittleFeathers2
Solace
17 posters

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down

Music you are listening to right now Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: Music you are listening to right now Part 4

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:27 pm

Been listening to this one lately as part of my various Spotify playlists:

TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Music you are listening to right now Part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: Music you are listening to right now Part 4

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:19 am

I only really started listening to this one recently on Spotify, and I find it massively beautiful and powerful all at once:

After listening a few more times today and tonight, I get the feeling this song might be about reincarnation, as I think all the references are there; I think it’s actually incredibly deep.

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updating my views on the song lyrics!)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:38 am

Another song which I just listened to, and which also seems like it could be about reincarnation - as well as being a generally great song:

TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:33 pm

Half truism is such a great song! And you may be right, there are hints of reincarnation... or, it's simply about all lives ending at some point, ashes to ashes. Love it. 

It's all been done it's definitely about reincarnation, and having met some people before and many times. Not really the kind of song I would listen to, but great lyrics.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

TrueCrazyLion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:12 am

Great post, and I agree with everything you’ve said!

Half-Truism feels like the lyrics have been deliberately left open to interpretation by the listener, and you could probably read so many things into them; I find it fascinating for that reason. The song randomly came up a number of times in Spotify playlists I’d been listening to, and each time I heard it, it made a bigger impression on me; I quickly grew to absolutely love it(I’ve never really properly listened to the album yet which it’s on).

I picked up on a number of lyrics which felt like references to reincarnation; how we only live for so long before we’ll die again; that there’s an inevitability about it(“Should we even try to pretend?”); that when we leave our physical body we’re released from the pain and angst we experience as humans on Earth(“In our liberation we’ll leave this behind, the slings and the arrows that rain on our minds”); that people in the same soul group are closely connected by energy and vibes(“The cuts in my heart, they show in your eyes”); how in different lifetimes we’ll have different experiences and do different things, and so on.

I don’t know if that might’ve been what was meant by these lyrics at all, but it’s what I saw in them.

And the song is just amazing!! Even as a long-term Offspring fan, I particularly love it! It’s got such a brilliant energy and soaring, sweeping, plunging melodies. A true musical work of art IMO. Very Happy

It’s All Been Done is a song which I loved when it originally came out, back in early 1999(Barenaked Ladies released two singles quite close together at that time, this one and “One Week”; for some reason One Week seems to get remembered much better and be more popular, I’ve never understood why, this one immediately struck me as the better song and I’ve always maintained that view! LOL).
I can remember feeling immediately drawn to it, even though I didn’t understand the lyrics yet at that point. Maybe I was picking up subconsciously on my spiritual side, I dunno - but it’s always had a kind of special meaning for me.
Then when “One Week” came up in my Spotify playlist the other day, and possibly off the back of having recently posted Half-Truism, it made me think of It’s All Been Done, which I went and listened to.
Love your comment about the lyrics, and totally agree!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Agartha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:52 am

I really think songs are open to the listeners interpretation, just like 'Holly texts' are for religious people. But regardless, Half truism is a great song.

Talking about great songs, Jackson has done it again:

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:08 am

Great song, and spectacular video! Very dramatic!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Agartha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:15 pm

Earlier on tonight I listened to this one as well:

TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Agartha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:32 pm

Such a simple tune and yet so catchy! Very refreshing: raw live music that sounds timeless. Very nice.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:37 pm

I grew up thinking it was a Happy Mondays song! Razz

Then I went to a house party back in 2014 where my friend kept playing this original version over and over again, and I became captivated by it. I’ve loved it ever since! Very Happy
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Agartha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:35 am

This one, a few mins ago:

TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Agartha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:26 pm

This song re-appeared in my life the other day and I remembered how much I loved it.

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:36 am

Great song, sounds really uplifting and very summery too, IMO! It reminds me of some of The Weeknd’s hits as well, in terms of its overall sound.

It’s an awesome feeling when a song which you’ve loved but not heard for ages springboards itself back into your immediate consciousness. I’ve had it happen a lot… A feeling you can’t buy! LOL Smile
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Agartha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:30 pm

Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:11 pm

That one is showing up as unavailable for me, so can’t see the song(I saw the same thing last night on my other phone but hoped it was just a glitch of that device, but this phone is the same). Sad
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:11 pm

X Ambassadors - B.I.G.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Fri May 13, 2022 9:37 am

Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun May 15, 2022 2:39 am

Eurovision 2022! Watching it made me feel like life was back to normal!

The UK entry first, because I loved it!

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun May 15, 2022 2:43 am

The winners, Ukraine: a good song, a nice mixture of traditional and modern music... but I admit, I voted for them to show them my love and support.

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun May 15, 2022 2:46 am

Australia, this also was one of my favourites.

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next