The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghosts are Figment of Imagination...

4 posters

Go down

Ghosts are Figment of Imagination... Empty Ghosts are Figment of Imagination...

Post by Rockhopper Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:58 am

So says scientists in Switzerland.

Ghostly apparitions and hauntings have pervaded folklore and legend for thousands of years, but now scientists have shown that they are just a figment of the imagination.
Artificial ‘spectres’ were conjured up by an experiment which proved so disconcerting for participants that two begged for it to stop.
Scientists have long suspected that ghosts are an illusion created by the mind. Patients who suffer from neurological or psychiatric conditions often report ‘strange presences.’
And people experiencing extreme physical or emotional pain often claim to have seen ghostly outlines or felt that departed loved ones were back in the room with them.
Now, however, scientists in Switzerland have shown that ghosts are probably just an illusion created by the mind when it momentarily loses track of the body’s location because of illness, exertion or stress.

Source.

And a different POV:

Do I believe in ghosts? My reaction is usually a vehement, kneejerk “No, it’s stuff and nonsense” – untiI I remember that I do believe in them, actually.
Not because I want to, but because I have to. I’ve variously been jinxed by French victims of the 100 Years War, haunted in a cursed cottage in Hereford and, briefly, adopted by the ghost of a black Labrador.
I pondered my encounters with apparitions when researchers from Switzerland this week claimed that ghosts are all in the mind.
Aside from the fact that the Swiss are not a fanciful race, being instead the sort of nation that built the Large Hadron Collider to play about with sub-atomic particles, I was piqued at the “scientific” revelation that spectres don’t exist.
My first paranormal encounter was on a family holiday in Périgord 16 years ago. There were 10 of us in a pretty gîte with a swimming pool, but as soon as we arrived, my two otherwise biddable teenage nieces refused to sleep in their room as it felt “creepy and undead”.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Ghosts are Figment of Imagination... Empty Re: Ghosts are Figment of Imagination...

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:35 am

How about when two or more people witness the same apparition?

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Ghosts are Figment of Imagination... Empty Re: Ghosts are Figment of Imagination...

Post by Agartha Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:56 am

This experiment doesn't prove that ghosts are the figments of our imagination, they just show that when blindfolded and touched you imagine and/or believe somebody is doing it. Very misleading.

Ghosts may not be the spirit of the departed, but other things, like electromagnetic anomalies or a view of people living in another dimension (multidimensional universe which is one scientific hypothesis).
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:00 pm

There are a lot of things in this world and in the universe that science can not explain, is does not mean they do not exist or people that believe in those things that can not be explained are suffering from some kind on mental condition.
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:05 pm

I agree Stirkles and Ags. There are some boundaries that we are just learning about.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:14 am

The human race has an awful lot to learn, that's why we are here Smile We don't even know all there is to know about our planet, let alone what is beyond it.
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down