The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Video on Evolution...

+2
Monk (in hiding)
Rockhopper
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Good Video on Evolution... - Page 3 Empty Re: Good Video on Evolution...

Post by Rockhopper Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:25 pm

That old and debunked canard again. We know where eyes came from and how they evolved along with all the other seemingly odd functions of our bodies.

If you had watched and absorbed the information in the videos I posted you can see how we have come to the conclusions we have and why. A scientific hypothesis MUST BE TESTABLE! If it can't then it ain't science!

Example: "God exists!"
"How do you know god exists?"
"Because the bible says so."
"How do you know that the bible is true?"
"because it's the word of god!"

That discussion is ridiculous because neither tenets are testable How does one prove that the bible is true? There is no test to prove it.

Clothing, as you claim, is a learned response and has nothing to do with religion. It was a survival response to a climate much different to where early humans lived before. Like so many other deniers of evolution you forget the very important point of it: TIME! It takes long periods for a mutation to establish if it is successful, if it isn't successful it just doesn't happen.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:34 pm

You believe all that shit.

Good Video on Evolution... - Page 3 589e1393af80d176189409a973162433

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:14 pm

Nothing to add to the conversation RC?

What I believe is what is provable, testable and recorded as such not the words of people who want to sell their shit to other people!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:31 pm

Back on topic, eyes, eyes in different creatures evolve different functions. As we always were pretty much night blind compared to other creatures we developed lights to see with, then developed night scopes. Cats and other night hunters have the extra cones and rods and reflective elements that allow the to amplify what low level light the night has in it, and let them see things during the dark. Cuttlefish eyes allow them to see the electrical impulses coursing through their prey,,,shrimps. Long range vision is very acute in the eyes of predatory birds who are hunting from a high elevation.

Most males have some form of color blindness. Others, like myself have a high color range and no blindness to the colors, or their shade gradations.

As for RC, it would be interesting to see his OWN words from his OWN thoughts on subjects, not just for his hurling of Ad Hominem insults when his copy-pasting falls flat.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:54 am

As for RC, it would be interesting to see his OWN words from his OWN thoughts on subjects, not just for his hurling of Ad Hominem insults when his copy-pasting falls flat.

Actually, I'm not the one on trial here. I'm the ONLY one here who is prodded to explain things that already have been explained. I am not of your FAITH, as like all the others here, you all drink a different tea. My FAITH IS NOT THE SAME AS YOUR FAITH. Look at it like Islam verses Judaism. Think of the 'island' as the wall dividing Israel and Palestine.

Please rename  this forum 'the wall'!

Good Video on Evolution... - Page 3 Atheism

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:08 pm

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:56 pm

Rockhopper wrote:Nothing to add to the conversation RC?

What I believe is what is provable, testable and recorded as such not the words of people who want to sell their shit to other people!

Tim.

Although I have said before there is a lot of things in this world (and Universe) that is not (as of yet!) provable, testable and recordable. This does not make them not real, or not true. It's just we haven't got to the point yet where we understand them. Think back in history, everything we now test and record, was once an untested and unrecorded thing. People's beliefs do change with scientific proof, yes of course they do, but some things people can believe in without the evidence. It does not make those people that believe in that wrong, as nobody as of yet knows what the right answer is.
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:02 pm

I have nothing against people believing in what ever they want to believe in, as long as it does not cause others harm. People should be free to choose and follow what they want to, if it helps them by believing in a certain thing, then so be it. I never poopoo another persons beliefs, and I would hope that nobody would disrespect my beliefs.
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:37 pm

I certainly don't 'poopoo' yours Stirkles. Or anyone else's either.

The Science of Evolution is settled and tested. Those who disagree need only to look at how bacteria mutate into other organisms and virii too, TB into SuperTB (SuperTB is a different organism from the one it came from but still effects us the same way) etc. We are fighting a constant battle with them to protect us from their effects and the diseases they cause and that battle comes from Evolution.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:45 pm

Some people just don't agree with scientific evidence, I have some friends that don't agree with some things. The majority of people do yes, and yes the evidence is there for all to see. But for those that do not believe it or agree with it, well that's their choice, I have nothing against them.

Evolution for one, there are plenty of people that do not believe in it. If they want to come up with other theories I say let them, it's their choice. I might not agree with them, but I will listen to their theories, as long as they are not the type of people that push it in your face expecting you to agree with them Wink But I am certainly not going to poopoo them (I LOVE that word lol!!!)
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3