The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scariest thing in the latest Debate

4 posters

Go down

Scariest thing in the latest Debate Empty Scariest thing in the latest Debate

Post by Lenzabi Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:17 am

Yes, the Republican party's 5th debate happened, and yes, they spouted some scary, crazy and inane things. Things that went against our Constitution, things that go against human dignity and rights. They even spouted the insanity f bans and walls.

The scariest thing though was not the politicians spouting all of this, it was the ovations and cheers as a large part of the audience in attendance showed their approval for what was said! It was as sad and repellent as watching ralleys at Nuremberg in the 1930's.

Members of the GOP were openly clapping for Fascist ideals.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scariest thing in the latest Debate Empty Re: Scariest thing in the latest Debate

Post by Rockhopper Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:42 am

Whichever of that bunch gets the nod Len, it will guarantee a Republicrat in the White House.

Sadly I don't see Bernie winning the nomination either.

Tim.

Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Scariest thing in the latest Debate Empty Re: Scariest thing in the latest Debate

Post by Lenzabi Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:05 pm

Rockhopper wrote:Whichever of that bunch gets the nod Len, it will guarantee a Republicrat in the White House.

Sadly I don't see Bernie winning the nomination either.

Tim.

The way the polls are manipulated it will be Hilary vs whichever nutter is picked
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:38 pm

Yep you're right Len. The PTB won't let Bernie near to job but he has got people thinking about how the system can be changed for the better.

Cruz is creepy, Trumpy is a blowhard who is a master of the "Dead cat on the table", Carson has his head jammed in the bible, Christie is a bully with no redeeming features, Rubio is an idiot.

I suspect there will be a run-off between Trumpy and Cruz (Dumb and Dumber) and that genuine Republicrat, Hills will get the top job.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:05 pm

Once Hils shows she is no better than a Rep, maybe then they will let Bernie or Liz in next.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:02 am

Everyone expected Bams to be another JFK or FDR but, surprise, suprise, he was not a lot different than Georgie the younger, just a lot more intelligent!

Yeah, that's why I call Hils a Republicrat Len. She is a Rep in a Dem coat. She is going to stop Islamic Terrorism by bombing more of them, like that's going to work!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:14 pm

Bams was not one I expected to do much more than any other President, came across like a used car salesman when I heard him speak. He can do that well. He has had a lot fo issues with the obstructionism from Day-1 from the Repubs though.

Hilary will get more of the same, and do little for the common person, more for the Corporations.

However, if we have a true "People's revolution" we may see Bernie get in like Obama did in 2008, where Hilary was the expected winner. Then we have to flush the teabags out of the drain with progressive minded senators and representatives taking Republican seats so Bernie can get things done.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:53 pm

I agree with you on your first two points Len, but I am not sure if your third point is not wishful thinking.
I would not be surprised if Donald Trump becomes the next president of the US, simply because that is how tyrant, bigotry, Nazism, and all the other evils enter. The people are so tired of the lies, wars, deaths, poverty, racism, they run to anything.
They have opened a can of worms with this terrorist threat, and now it is becoming a world wide phenomenon.   

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:24 pm

Stargate wrote:I agree with you on your first two points Len, but I am not sure if your third point is not wishful thinking.
I would not be surprised if Donald Trump becomes the next president of the US, simply because that is how tyrant, bigotry, Nazism, and all the other evils enter. The people are so tired of the lies, wars, deaths, poverty, racism, they run to anything.
They have opened a can of worms with this terrorist threat, and now it is becoming a world wide phenomenon.   

We have two different poles of the situation, hence why I would prefer to see Bernie face off against Trump as he has been shown to win in simulated presidential run offs.

I prefer sanity to the gross insanity that trump has on his coat tails
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:55 am

Trumpy's followers need the feel the Bern Len.

Trumpy has got Vlad Putin's endorsement! мой вид человека! (My kind of guy!).

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:33 pm

Rockhopper wrote:Trumpy's followers need the feel the Bern Len.

Trumpy has got Vlad Putin's endorsement! мой вид человека! (My kind of guy!).

Tim.
I think we are going to need a day after pill if this Trump drama continues.

I think Putin would be ecstatic if Trump wins.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:36 pm

The biggest Problem that Bernie has is getting his message out there to the majority of the people. The MSM is not so much corporate (although they do bend to corporate wishes) but ratings.

When Trumpy spouts another outlandish statement it creates a sensation (Sensation and Sex Sells) and that bumps up the ratings for the media and that in turn, generates more advertising revenue. The media is powered by advertising revenue.

Bernie speaks quiet common sense that doesn't create a controversial sensation so the media ignores him.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:42 pm

But his message is spreading through social media, and he is reaching "minority" groups as well. The MSM may be finding itself in trouble as they never cover the important things but sell their ratings with a mix of BS/Doom-n-Gloom/fear/and titillation.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:31 am

I agree Len, Bernie has galvanised the younger voters who are social media savvy. They are the one's who are un-employed, under-employed or bogged down in student debt. What he is saying resonates with them.

I hope that there is enough of them to tip the scales in Bernie's favour.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:33 am

There are even Reublican Voters(Moderates), who have his back even! It is amazing how he resonates with so many who hear him speak.

MSM are still slanting polls to favor the anointed Hilary as they want here, not Bernie. The people are onto the BS.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:58 pm

Yeah, the malaise that flows through politics everywhere is the pollies think people are stupid and are often surprised when they find out the people are not.

Bernie is a breath of fresh air in the sewer of politics.

There is a general move to the left throughout the world, Podemos did well in Spain, the new left is gaining ground in Italy, Syriza was totally screwed by the troika in Greece but is still hanging on. And of course, Corbyn in the UK.

Hopefully things will change for the better.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:28 pm

People are tired of the lame-old-same-old politics, and they are seeing the corruption and hating it, as well as seeing Corporations should NOT be in charge over Governments. There is even a move to see the banksters who presided over the 2008 collapse be jailed.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:20 pm

Isn't it time Trudeau took over?
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:53 am

Rogue wrote:
Isn't it time Trudeau took over?

Canada has Trudeau, UK has Corbyn(?), we need Bernie!
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum