The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solutions for Global Warming

+4
X
Agartha
Rockhopper
Mordae
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Solutions for Global Warming - Page 2 Empty Re: Solutions for Global Warming

Post by X Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:56 am

Yup..dates dont add up...and they know it

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:10 am

Mr.W wrote:Yup..dates dont add up...and they know it

The quackacademics spew the same old rhetoric justifying their constituency.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:20 pm

The Nile valley was very fertile because the river flooded regularly every three years. The rainfall pattern changed and the land became less fertile and couldn't support the population.

Time you went and saw the place for yourself VM, it's quite an eye-opener!

The quackacademics spew the same old rhetoric justifying their constituency.

Proof? Open and honest proof is required for a statement like this.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:21 am

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by X Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:37 am

Dont hâte me...but i think the pyramids are roughly 100,000 years Old.....and the sphynx predates That...date It back to the "Old" equator and further...

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:43 am

Mr.W wrote:Dont hâte me...but i think the pyramids are roughly 100,000 years Old.....and the sphynx predates That...date It back to the "Old" equator and further...

Life of everything runs in cycles, not in a linear fashion.

Linear time, pertaining to or represented by lines (dictionary.com) was the common belief of the Englishmen, and other Christian societies. Linear time is simply the view that time stretches onward into space; that it cannot be stopped, and one cannot see the end of it, because time is infinite.

One thing that can be contrasted is how religion played a part in the development of the view of time. The English at the time were predominantly Christian. The book of Genesis in the Bible explains this view of time well. The story in Genesis states that a man and a woman; Adam and Eve were created in a great Garden of the name of Eden. They were created to rule over the beasts and the Earth, but never to touch the fruits of the forbidden tree. Yet, human nature overpowered Adam and Eve, and they were cast out of the Garden, having upset God. God, cursed all human kind, sentencing us to work and toil for long hours to make our living in a place very different from the Garden. As well, the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ also proves that we live in a world of linear time.

http://christinehonors80.blogspot.com/2008/02/cyclical-vs-linear-time.html

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by X Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:02 am

God does not like lust...apparently

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:43 am

Mr.W wrote:God does not like lust...apparently

Why has God given us lust for then?
Why give us lust if he doesn't want us to use it?
Like giving us legs and forbiding us to walk!!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by X Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:53 am

Lust Is not good to god i imagine because....because sex was meant for création...between two..whom make one

not to lust for others...only "yours"

So the expriment was set..
could Adam resist Ève...could Ève resist Adam..

nope....it proved to god lust rules...and humans needed to Be kept busy...with rules

or we wud Be banging each other like animals...which Is happening today

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:56 am

Lust, or lechery (carnal "luxuria") is an intense desire. It is a general term for desire. Therefore lust could involve the intense desire of money, food, fame, power or sex.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by X Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:00 am

True...sex represents all...

did Adam hump Ève....
yes or no

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:43 am

Nothing wrong with sex........is just that people forget that it's much better to make love, than to do it like a rabbitt.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:49 am

I always felt that the story of Adam & Eve and the Garden of Eden was an allegory for when mankind became self-aware and began to struggle with conscience and knowledge. If he says he knows what's right and she says she knows what's right and they begin to fight about it, well that's no Garden of Eden by any stretch of the imagination. Religious wars, ideological conflicts, gender wars... borders and anything that separates us... these are all what keeps us out of our Utopia (Garden).

Aside from that... making love is great, doing it like bunnies is pretty great too. A balance is necessary... and I think it's going to take a lot of time and research to find that balance Very Happy
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:58 am

Oh, I have a thread to start on Adam and Eve actually.......and I know we'll get sooo many different opinions and ideas in here!!!
LOL

I'll do it after supper!!  Very Happy
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by X Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:36 am

K

X

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:13 pm

Oh don't forget Lillith!
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Lenzabi wrote:Oh don't forget Lillith!

Hehe Very Happy
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:42 am

Shocked  Just a slight tangent then?  Laughing 

As one of the side effects of global warming is ocean acidification, which, in addition to screwing the ecosystems will also ultimately turn the oceans from oxygen producing to oxygen consuming.
http://oceana.org/en/our-work/climate-energy/ocean-acidification/learn-act/effects-of-ocean-acidification-on-marine-species-ecosystems

Oceana acidification may cause many negative effects on a variety of marine species and ecosystems, which would have rippling consequences throughout the entire ocean. One of the most devastating impacts of rising ocean acidity could be the collapse of food webs

Marine animals interact in complex food webs that may be disrupted by ocean acidification due to losses in key species that will have trouble creating calcium carbonate shells in acidified waters. Some species of calcifying plankton that are threatened by ocean acidification form the base of marine food chains and are important sources of prey to many larger organisms...

While this wouldn't be a silver bullet solution, if shore based industries piped their smoke through a limed pond before release, it should, theoretically (assuming I got the chemistry right), create Calcium Carbonate, which could be released back into the oceans, hopefully alleviating the problem.
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:50 am

X wrote:Dont hâte me...but i think the pyramids are roughly 100,000 years Old.....and the sphynx predates That...date It back to the "Old" equator and further...

I don't hate you Mr. W. It's just your POV that's all.

No the pyramids are not that old at all. they are made of limestone and that would have disintegrated into dust over that time. The Sphinx is a big lump of limestone too.

As I suggested to VM, go and have a look at the place, it's quite an eye-opener. You can go and see just how the pyramids were built and how the stone was cut.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:55 am

Mordae wrote:Shocked  Just a slight tangent then?  Laughing 

As one of the side effects of global warming is ocean acidification, which, in addition to screwing the ecosystems will also ultimately turn the oceans from oxygen producing to oxygen consuming.
http://oceana.org/en/our-work/climate-energy/ocean-acidification/learn-act/effects-of-ocean-acidification-on-marine-species-ecosystems

Oceana acidification may cause many negative effects on a variety of marine species and ecosystems, which would have rippling consequences throughout the entire ocean. One of the most devastating impacts of rising ocean acidity could be the collapse of food webs

Marine animals  interact in complex food webs that may be disrupted by ocean acidification due to losses in key species that will have trouble creating calcium carbonate shells in acidified waters. Some species of calcifying plankton that are threatened by ocean acidification form the base of marine food chains and are important sources of prey to many larger organisms...

While this wouldn't be a silver bullet solution, if shore based industries piped their smoke through a limed pond before release, it should, theoretically (assuming I got the chemistry right), create Calcium Carbonate, which could be released back into the oceans, hopefully alleviating the problem.
Yep, the solution is quite simple but the problem with that is making the quicklime Mordman. That takes a lot of energy. And furthermore produces more CO2 that is released. Can't win!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next