The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAKE SNOW IS COVERING THE US! WHAT IS IT? 2/1/2014

5 posters

Go down

FAKE SNOW IS COVERING THE US! WHAT IS IT? 2/1/2014 Empty FAKE SNOW IS COVERING THE US! WHAT IS IT? 2/1/2014

Post by Stargate Fri May 13, 2016 1:16 pm

Believe it or not.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

FAKE SNOW IS COVERING THE US! WHAT IS IT? 2/1/2014 Empty Re: FAKE SNOW IS COVERING THE US! WHAT IS IT? 2/1/2014

Post by Agartha Fri May 13, 2016 3:43 pm

I've seen that last year, it was going on facebook non stop: it's real snow. Here's a good explanation: https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-fake-snow-burning-snow.t3026/
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

FAKE SNOW IS COVERING THE US! WHAT IS IT? 2/1/2014 Empty Re: FAKE SNOW IS COVERING THE US! WHAT IS IT? 2/1/2014

Post by Kaere Fri May 13, 2016 6:54 pm

Ayup Smile that's what happens in the spring. The air gets warmer but it takes forever for the snow to melt but it's just that it's getting slushy. Give it time, it'll get there...
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Fri May 13, 2016 8:27 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/2n0g01/debunker_destroys_hoaxer_secureteam_10_using/

Found in seconds on google Star. Always check the sources.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Sat May 14, 2016 12:06 pm

Most of the youtube stuff, if not acting as a journalistic outlet such as the channels like TYT, Secular Talk, Ring of Fire are individuals seeking to play with people's heads, or do make their stuff for fun. Knowing who is who, and what is what helps.I have watched videos claiming ancient buildings in Antarctica, just to see some guy point at high altitude mountain formations and claim them as stairs or other thing. Booooooooring!

some folks will use images to get you in, but then have nothing further of the imagery they used, or they bury it deep in. I watch Alltime Conspiracies and Secureteam10 for a giggle, same with other sites. the religion based ones are usually full on batshit rwnj conspiracy of the variety they are off their meds.

Youtube videos have to be looked at with a microscope, and taken with a grain of salt, especially the ones with the loner names.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun May 15, 2016 3:18 am

Spot on, Len! Years ago I used to believe anything, but then you start reading stuff properly and you realize how non-sensical some things are, when you learn real science you can easily identify hoaxes and lies....... you have to be so careful what you believe, anybody can post anything on the net or youtube.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sun May 15, 2016 7:07 am

From the Cynic's Wiki:

Of course it's true, I know it's true -- I saw it on Youtube.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sun May 15, 2016 2:12 pm

Rockhopper wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/2n0g01/debunker_destroys_hoaxer_secureteam_10_using/

Found in seconds on google Star. Always check the sources.

Tim.

OK Tim, I just found the time to respond.
First I have to say, the internet can only do so much, we cannot expect it to give us proof of anything unless you have some experience of what ever it is you are asking it. Where we have reached is, if I see something on the net that I have no clue if it exist or not, I have to take it for granted that is exist, because I do not know. Under the guise that these days everything is a conspiracy, there is a lot of unknown truths passing us by because we cannot rely on anyone's truth. The very people and organisation we rely on are giving us either blatant lies, or conflicting stories. Some people who are saying there is no such thing, may or may not know that there is truth in what they are denying.
We are now facing a dilemma, checking the source is no longer helpful because you cannot prove anything on line, unless you yourself have had some experience.
Most online scientist ask for proof when they themselves do not know if the source is authentic since everyone wants fame, or attention. Most people who think they know everything cannot admit when they do not know. I guess we have to rely on what we know for ourselves.
I know ice to melt and leave water, what I do not know is this, is what I am reading possible? how do I know when the source is reliable, or not?

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Mon May 16, 2016 6:32 pm

It's all about veracity Star.

Firstly, when people post stuff anonymously it is immediately suspect. If they are genuine then they should put their real names to the posting.

Where there is a name, then check what that person has had published in reputable science magazines and has it been peer reviewed? If not then what is posted is suspect. All abstracts have a list of references to peruse.

All too often people post things that are an opinion, nothing wrong with opinions but when they claim that their opinion is a fact without backup is wrong.

From a scientific point-of-view, rationalwiki.org is a good place to start. That site lists all the charlatans that try to post things that are not true. And more often are scams.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down