The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland shaken by early hours earthquake.

4 posters

Go down

Scotland shaken by early hours earthquake. Empty Scotland shaken by early hours earthquake.

Post by Agartha Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:23 pm

This happened 80 miles from my house. I didn't feel anything and I was fast asleep then, but I did wake up at 0200, I just thought I did because I needed the toilet but now I'm not too sure....... my son also woke up at the same time.

Scotland shaken by early-hours earthquake.

People in the west of Scotland have been shaken by an earthquake in the early hours of the morning.

The earthquake, with a magnitude of 3.3 according to British Geological Survey (BGS), happened just before 02:00.

BGS said its epicentre was at Achnamara west of Lochgilphead in Argyll and Bute.

More than 30 people have reported feeling the tremor, from as far away as Edinburgh and Ballycastle in Northern Ireland.

The survey recorded the quake at a depth of 12km below the Earth's surface.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-59302716
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scotland shaken by early hours earthquake. Empty Re: Scotland shaken by early hours earthquake.

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:11 pm

Interesting! I never felt anything last night, I was already up at the time and watching TV, didn’t notice anything unusual happening at all.
I know Scotland does get earthquakes from time to time, but they’re always small ones(One time years ago I heard reports of an earthquake in Perth which was just strong enough to shake plates and other things off of sideboards in living rooms, but that was as bad as they get here). We have a few small faults which run through the landmass, but they’re pretty minor compared with California for example, so they’re not dangerous as such.

I’d say that if you and your son both woke up at that time when you don’t normally, it’s pretty likely that it was connected to the earthquake, because it was too much of a coincidence to be anything else. Maybe there could’ve been tiny vibrations which you subconsciously felt, or your 6th sense could’ve told you that something didn’t feel quite right.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Scotland shaken by early hours earthquake. Empty Re: Scotland shaken by early hours earthquake.

Post by Kaere Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:44 pm

Oh that's cool! Did you look to see if anything shifted around your home? Little things I mean...
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:02 am

@Lion, yes, I am now pretty sure it was the Earthquake as 3 of us actually woke up at the same time... too many of us to be a coincidence.

@Kaere, not that I've noticed, but sometimes Elsa does throw stuff on the floor from the furniture so I couldn't really tell  Razz
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:34 am

Lol Elsa!!!  Very Happy
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:58 am

Earthquake Elsa? LOL Razz
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:04 pm

Razz Razz
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down