The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news for coffee drinkers.

2 posters

Go down

Good news for coffee drinkers.  Empty Good news for coffee drinkers.

Post by Agartha Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:30 am

Chinese scientists have carried out a big study on coffee: 171,000  participants were followed from 2009 to 2018. During that time there were approx 3000 deaths caused by cancer and/or cardiovascular disease. The study confirmed what past/smaller trials said: coffee drinkers live longer. 

Those who drank an average of 2 cups of coffee a day, unsweetened or with only 1 teaspoon of sugar, lived 30% longer. Drinking coffee with sweeteners had no consistent results. Participants on average sweetened coffee with 1 teaspoon of sugar, so it's not clear if adding more sugar affects the benefits. 

I think this is fantastic news for coffee drinkers.

If you want to read the study: Association of Sugar-Sweetened, Artificially Sweetened, and Unsweetened Coffee Consumption With All-Cause and Cause-Specific Mortality: A Large Prospective Cohort Study: Annals of Internal Medicine: Vol 0, No 0 (acpjournals.org)
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Good news for coffee drinkers.  Empty Re: Good news for coffee drinkers.

Post by Rogue Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:47 am

This great news for me, a two coffee a day drinker Smile
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:13 am

Same here. The coffee also included instant, ground and decaff, which is even better news.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:27 pm

Just because I wanted to read more about it (as a coffee lover) I am pleased to say there are many more benefits for drinking coffee, including reduced link to cardiovascular problems and reduced risk of diabetes. I have found so many studies on its ability to promote health, but studies did vary on the amount of coffee needed: the latest one I posted last week recommends two cups, but other clinical trials recommend 3 to 6. Still, good news for coffee drinkers. 

This article is from 2021:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8820582/
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down