The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

4 posters

Page 9 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next

Go down

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 9 Empty Re: TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed May 09, 2018 7:06 am

I've always loved this, I've been very drawn to the overall sound of the song as well as the lyrics, and lately it's been back in my consciousness again:

(Rihanna - Take A Bow)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed May 09, 2018 7:18 am

This track recently started coming up in my YouTube recommendations, and it's one that's always had particular meaning for me as I've connected strongly with the sentiment behind it:

(Fergie - Big Girls Don’t Cry)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed May 09, 2018 7:32 am

I've been a big fan of this track ever since it came out, as I always loved the melody. But it's also haunted me over time, and I've recently become aware that the words resonate with me personally:

(Natalie Imbruglia - Torn)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed May 09, 2018 7:57 am

I was immediately drawn to this track when it came out, as it was so melodic and tuneful as well as sounding like what I thought was how a traditional rock track would sound. It's haunted me at times over the years too:

(Biffy Clyro - The Captain)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu May 10, 2018 5:30 am

I remember listening to this track when it first came out, and being fascinated by the story the lyrics tell. I was drawn to it but also found it touching and amusing:

(Arctic Monkeys - Cornerstone)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu May 10, 2018 8:28 pm

This is a song I've always loved, I remember being immediately attracted to it when I first heard it on the radio, in what was one of my first ever experiences of really connecting with music on any level. Over time I've connected with it more and more, as I find the words to be hauntingly biographical:

(Bon Jovi - Something For The Pain)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri May 11, 2018 5:30 am

I've always loved P!nk, and I consider this my emancipation song in many ways, as it came out at a time when I was trying to escape from a deeply unpleasant personal situation and reclaim my life; I connected very strongly with its vibe and energy, as well as the lyrics themselves. Over time, and in light of more recent situations, it's continued to be a powerful positive personal anthem:

(P!nk - Blow Me (One Last Kiss))

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri May 11, 2018 6:00 am

This is a track which brings back countless good memories of high school and house parties, and is generally symbolic of a fun time with less responsibility:

(Blink 182 - All The Small Things)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat May 12, 2018 9:35 am

I remember this song getting into my head when it first came out - I wasn't old enough to understand the significance of lyrics at that time, but I remember connecting strongly with its sound.
A couple of years ago I rediscovered it via YouTube, and I found the lyrics resonated with me too:

(Belinda Carlisle - Big Scary Animal)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun May 13, 2018 11:47 am

This is one of my favourite tracks from an emotional point of view, as well as one of the most profoundly heartbreaking ones, from an intellectual, emotional and spiritual point of view. I've been drawn to it for many years, and it's been coming up in my YouTube recommendations again lately:

(Queen - ‘39)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon May 14, 2018 7:34 am

This is a track I immediately loved when it came out because of its quirkiness and comedy factor, rather than deeper meaning. It brings back a lot of fun memories of my first term at Uni, and all the new and interesting experiences that involved:

(Liam Lynch - United States Of Whatever)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue May 15, 2018 7:24 pm

Egypt seems to be haunting me a lot lately, as demonstrated by seeing yet another documentary about it on BBC4 tonight, and I've always loved this song, so... Boom!

(The Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu May 17, 2018 12:03 am

I loved this track purely for its sound when it first came out, and I've always thought it's a great tune to dance to on nights out, as well as when I'm feeling like explosively releasing some energy at home, etc. Hearing it on a trailer for a TV show earlier tonight brought it back into my consciousness again after a while:

(Fedde Le Grand - Put Your Hands Up 4 Detroit)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun May 20, 2018 1:25 pm

This track has recently come back into my consciousness after many years, when I saw a clip of it on a TOTP review of 1985 that was recently shown on BBC4. But I connected so powerfully with it... The blast of energy that came with it, inspired by the music itself but not actually from the music... Amazing!!

(Mai Tai - Body And Soul)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon May 21, 2018 5:23 am

This song was a guilty pleasure for me in the past, but in the last couple of years I've began to connect with it on a deeper level - love its energy and vibe so much!! I find it difficult to listen to without feeling great:

(Maria Vidal - Body Rock)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue May 22, 2018 8:05 pm

This is a song I came across a couple of years back when I watched a music documentary that features a clip of it. I immediately loved it and YouTubed it, and since then it's been constantly in my consciousness as one which I think is amazing. I feel like it demonstrates beauty in rawness and simplicity, as well as the brilliance of the song itself. I now find it hard to believe I grew up thinking this was a Phil Collins song - I like this version so much better.
I was put immediately in mind of it again a few minutes ago by a Timeshift documentary I was watching, which featured hairstyles in the 60s:

(The Mindbenders - A Groovy Kind Of Love)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Tue May 22, 2018 9:42 pm

It's a good song! But I think I like Phil Collins' version better Smile

I've been watching Timeline documentaries too! I just watched one on the Pendle Witch Child...

Added - oops, I read too fast. You wrote Timewatch, not Timeline.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed May 23, 2018 4:55 am

Nope, Timeshift, LOL! It's a long-running documentary series which the BBC do on various subjects from UK history, and I've always found it makes great viewing as the shows are very well researched and they always feature interviews with people who were involved in the subject of the documentary.
I watch it a lot on BBC4 at night, and I don't know if it's known well outside of the UK but I think the official description on the BBC website is pretty accurate:

"Documentary series which ranges widely over Britain's social and cultural history, its narrative-led storytelling offering a richly immersive and varied window onto the past."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006np8r 

I can see it being easily confused with Timewatch, because of the similarity in names as well as style of TV show, and Timewatch also gets regularly shown on BBC4!

Timeline sounds interesting too, I'll have to check it out - don't know if I've seen it before but the one you've mentioned here alone sounds good.

RE the song, I guess it depends what version you're more familiar with and what one has more personal memories for you, as well as the overall sound, so I see what you mean about liking the Phil Collins version more. (I actually overheard the Phil Collins version again recently, when one neighbour played it loudly on a Saturday morning...!) His version is very touching and melodic, but I personally like this one more because I think it has more "oomph" - I guess it shows how subjective music is! Smile
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:48 pm

This song is one I remember from when it came out, and it's tended to haunt me at times and to be in my consciousness, especially during early summer, which is when it was released here, and the time of year it reminds me of. Lately it's been in my head again:

(Particularly love the intro!)

(Bernard Butler & McAlmont - Yes)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:49 am

I first came across this song about 15 years ago when I was listening to a cassette of The Works album. I remember thinking the lyrics were biographical even back then, but now it has an even greater personal resonance for me... Very intense but ultimately positive personal anthem:

(Queen - Keep Passing The Open Windows)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next