The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

4 posters

Page 30 of 35 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35  Next

Go down

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 30 Empty Re: TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:11 pm

This song is one that I've loved massively ever since I first heard it, as its lyrics bring many of my innermost feelings, emotions, hopes and fears sharply into focus.
It's a song I consider to be "soul music" in the most literal sense:

(U2 - City of Blinding Lights)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:18 am

I've loved this track since the very first time I heard it, I found its beat so exhilarating, and I found it was brilliant for dancing to. It got released as a single in the UK in the summer of 2013, and for me it was part of the soundtrack of that glorious hot summer. I've been a massive fan of it ever since:

(Kanye West - Black Skinhead)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:09 am

Watching this on classic TopOfThePops recently put a face and name to a song which I've always found incredibly catchy and which has always gotten stuck in my head very easily over time, even if it was before my time that it came out:

(Sabrina - Boys(Summertime Love))
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:32 pm

This song is one which I remember really liking when it got released in the UK in the autumn of 1995, purely because of its tune and beat, and although I paid some attention to the lyrics and liked them, I was too young at that time to grasp their true meaning.
Now, just today, I checked the song out properly on YouTube after being pointed in its direction by my recommendations, I listened to it properly a few times, and I found it has a sentiment which I absolutely love.
Maybe I was picking up on that back in the day too and that was why I was so drawn to it, I dunno. But what I do know is that the message behind the song is visionary and brilliant:

(Scatman John - Scatman's World)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:58 am

This song, which recently came up in my YouTube recommendations, brings back loads of childhood memories from November/December 1993, when I used to hear it on the radio late at night - especially of hearing it on radio in my own bedroom while I was in my sister's(empty since she'd recently moved out) bedroom, where I used to spend a lot of time some nights looking out of the window at the city skyline:

(Meat Loaf - I'd Do Anything For Love(But I Won't Do That))
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:28 am

This track has a lot of memories for me from the early summer of 1997, when it got regular radio airplay in the UK, and when I remember taping it off the radio a number of times too. It feels to me like it has its own unique vibe, made even stronger by the fact it seems not to get played at all now, which has also helped it lock in childhood memories in a unique way for me:

(Coolio - C U When U Get There)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:15 pm

OMG Sabrina!!!s Sabrina Salerno! Who became famous because of her b...~cough~ ... voice lol
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:16 pm

Yeah, her big voice Razz Hehehe!

TBH I watched her performance of the same song on TOTP, even then it looked like her boobs were out of control, it made for an amusing and memorable performance, LOL.

Sounds like you know a bit about her anyway - I read that song was a big hit all over Europe in the late 80s!

I recently followed her on Instagram and commented on one of her photos, praising her TOTP performance - and she "liked" my comment, which was an awesome moment! Hehe Very Happy
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:31 pm

Wow, she actually liked your comment!

She is italian, only reason I know about her.... last I heard she was a television presenter (but she had also done glamour lol). She actually has an incredible body even  now that she is 50 something!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:26 pm

It's interesting you say that - after commenting here last night I hit up Instagram, and by pure chance, at the very top of my homepage was a recent pic of Sabrina not wearing much, LOLZ! Yeah, I agree she still looks good, hehe.
I guess the Universe moves in mysterious ways Razz 

Yep, I feel honoured that my comment was liked, it always feels special on Instagram or Twitter when someone(Like a celeb) does that IMO.

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 30 Img_3311

I wondered about the Italian thing too! Great minds and all that Smile
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:00 am

This song was the first single Bon Jovi released when I was old enough to start understanding music in any meaningful way, and it left memories with me at the time of its release, which have been steadily added to since, as I properly discovered rock music a few years later, at which point this became one of my favourites.
I find it a great song for chilling out to, as I discovered almost by accident when I listened to it in the kitchen of my first flat in May 2004 one morning, and felt it sounded so appropriate to my personal situation that I began looping it; it's always had particularly special memories for me since then too, which relate to that time and experience.
I love the message behind it too, which I can relate to strongly:

(Bon Jovi - Someday I'll Be Saturday Night)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:54 pm

Ever since I heard this track on classic TopOfThePops recently I've had it in my head a lot, and I realise that I already knew the tune itself, but didn't know who sang it or what its name was. I also prefer it to their Theme track, which was the bigger hit but which is so well known and heavily played it's lost its novelty for me, for the time being at least.
I love this one:

(S'Express - Superfly Guy)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:48 pm

This song has a lot of personal memories for me from when it first came out(November 2003), and I have memories of watching the video too, as my Gran had recently had cable TV installed in her home(My parents still only had terrestrial TV at that time) and I went through a phase of watching the music channels a lot in late 2003.
I liked the lyrics, and they resonated with me to an extent even then, as they seemed unusually deep; over time that feeling has increased, and recently this song has been back in my consciousness again:

(Will Young - Leave Right Now)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:23 pm

This song represents some of my earliest memories of hearing music in any way, and I remember thinking it sounded eerie when it originally came out. Over time it's haunted me a bit, and I've grown to appreciate various things about it; most recently it appeared in my YouTube recommendations, and I connected strongly with the sentiment behind the song title:

(P.M. Dawn - Set Adrift On Memory Bliss)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:04 pm

This track is one which I was particularly drawn to when it got released in November 1999, as I thought its melody was unusually beautiful.
Recently it suddenly appeared in my YouTube recommendations for no particular reason, and I welcomed the opportunity to reconnect with it:

(Boyzone - Every Day I Love You)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:03 pm

This song has no profound meaning for me(Not yet at least), but I remember its general sound as being one of my earliest memories of hearing music, and a lot of early childhood throwback memories and feelings are associated with it because of that.
Just the other day it appeared in my YouTube recommendations, which seemed like a good enough cue to post it up here:

(Berlin - Take My Breath Away)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:03 pm

This song has haunted me on and off ever since it first came out, as I found it had a sound I could connect with very easily, even if I found it slightly spooky too.
It's been back in my consciousness a lot over the last few months, so I'm thinking it should get posted here too:

(Bran Van 3000 - Drinking In L.A.)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:58 pm

One of the more emotive songs here so far; it happened to be the first song on a Ben Folds compilation CD I got burned for me by a friend of a friend in Edinburgh in late May 2005, when I was spending the weekend there to watch the Monaco Grand Prix. As soon as I listened to the CD the first time after getting back to Dundee that night, I immediately connected with this song, and loved its lyrics and sentiment as well as its overall sound, as I found that listening to it repeatedly helped me to express strong feelings which I felt at that time.
It's had a special place for me ever since:

(Ben Folds - Gone)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:04 pm

This track has special personal meaning for me as it helped signal a major positive change in my life. It got released as a single in early January 1998, when I'd just spent the last year mentally-exhausting myself by doing a home diary and writing it myself; in early January 1998 the 1997 diary naturally finished, and I found I had a lot more time to myself at night, could sleep much better, and all the other areas of my life naturally improved accordingly. 
Since this track started getting radio airplay just as this recovery started, and I found it was brilliant for dancing to and losing myself in, it had a profound positive influence in my life at that time, and I've associated many positive memories with it ever since:

(WildChild - Renegade Master 98)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:25 pm

This song has consistently haunted me over time, and I'm not even sure why yet - but I consider its melody to be particularly nice:

(The Police - Every Breath You Take)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 35 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35  Next