The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

4 posters

Page 7 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 21 ... 35  Next

Go down

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 7 Empty Re: TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:18 am

This song has a significant meaning for my heart and my soul; I happened to see it one time on a piece about country singers at the BBC which was being shown on BBC4, and I was immediately and powerfully drawn to it. It's had a special place in my heart since then:

I've felt a powerful connection with the Deep South for a long time now, which feels like a possible past life connection, and this track seems to resonate with it deeply.

(Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:59 pm

This tune connects with one of my most powerful soul feelings - wanderlust. I remember, when I first heard it getting played on radio regularly, wishing I could be the guy described in the opening lyrics; I find it very moving to listen to.

(Noah And The Whale - Tonight's The Night)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:03 pm

I love Muse so much anyway, but when this song came out it felt like the depth and beauty of their music had reached a new peak somehow; I think it’s so powerful and beautiful, so energising and so heartrending all at once. I find the lyrics speak to me on a personal level too, and resonate. Listening to it always sends a shockwave of emotion through me:

(Muse - Neutron Star Collision)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:51 pm

This is another track which seems to speak direct to my soul, although I don’t know exactly why yet. I first remember hearing it on the radio when I was a kid, and thinking it epitomised the 80s sound. But in recent years I’ve begun feeling much more attached to and inspired by it; the burst of emotion I feel when I listen to it is as highly charged as the song itself. It feels like a shot of pure joy to listen to:

(Transvision Vamp - Baby I Don't Care)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:39 pm

This has always been one of my favourite Queen songs, but it's also haunted me at times, which has been nice. At New Year just past when I had my Last FM randomly playing, this song came on at one minute before midnight, which felt beautiful.
I feel a strong connection with it which has only increased over time:

(Queen - Breakthru)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:01 am

This one hasn’t haunted me recently but I connected powerfully with the lyrics when I first listened to the album, and I’ve considered it biographical in many ways in the past - I think it captures the stormy and tortured nature of a restless heart very well. Today it’s come back into my consciousness for some reason, so probably a good time to post it here. 
I find it very powerful on a personal level:

(Bon Jovi - Wild Is The Wind)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:44 pm

This has always had a special place in my heart as it was the first Blondie hit during my lifetime and the song that first got me into them - it brings back a lot of happy memories associated with the time when it came out.
It's also haunted me a bit recently, which has brought it back into my immediate awareness:

(Blondie - Maria)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:28 am

This song has actually been in my head, on and off, for months - I’ve not come across it being played, but it’s been haunting me mentally for some reason, so it’s really time I posted it here I guess. It’s a song I’ve always liked a great deal, and listening to it brings back a lot of mainly happy childhood memories:

(Alanis Morissette - Thank U)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:49 pm

One of my favourite Kylie songs, but from a personal resononance point of view, possibly my favourite song of hers; I found the lyrics made my heart melt the first time I heard it, and it's had a special place in my heart ever since. I find it a particularly honest and brave song about expressing personal feelings:

(Kylie - Please Stay)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:24 pm

I was drawn to this song as soon as it was released(Which was unusual for me at such a young age - looking back, it was probably my very first experience of connecting so deeply with a song, when I wasn't old enough to understand what such a connection meant or even appreciate music on a deep level yet). I've always found it has a beautiful, mesmerising quality - the sound as well as the lyrics and the overall vibe of the song.
Lately it keeps coming up in my YouTube suggestions, and I feel haunted by it in an emotional way - so it's probably an appropriate time to post it here now:

(The Pretenders - I'll Stand By You)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:23 pm

I first became aware of this song in the late 90s when it got used for a Ford Fiesta advert, but over time it’s grown to have a very special and unique meaning for me - to the point that when it got shown on classic TopOfThePops on BBC4 one time(At the start of 2015 I think), I was deeply moved just to hear it.
The sound of the song, as well as the vibe and lyrics, evoke powerful and positive feelings:

(The Ramones - Baby I Love You)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:04 am

This track is close to my heart for personal reasons, and although it’s never really haunted me I remember hearing it as a kid and loving the tune itself. When I rediscovered it a few years ago I remember finding the lyrics had a special meaning for me with regards to a loved one, and in that context I feel today is a perfect time to post it here:

(Elvis Costello - Veronica)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:40 pm

I love all of Kate Bush’s music, but this is the song of hers which has made the biggest impression on me so far - the first time I heard it, it got stuck in my head for what seemed like ages. I find it has an other-worldly mesmeric quality which I’ve not really heard in any other music - enormously captivating:

Personally I think her music speaks directly to the soul, and I think she has managed to singlehandedly create a new music genre, as her music can’t really be labelled by putting it into any recognised genre - it’s so unique and beautiful.

(Kate Bush - Them Heavy People)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:46 pm

I've loved this song ever since my childhood, and my appreciation of it has only increased over time - I think it's very powerful and beautiful in terms of its vibe, and the lyrics resonate with me too, although in an abstract sense rather than a literal one. Just tonight I noticed it in my YouTube suggestions, so that's brought it back into my immediate awareness, and it's probably a great time to post it here:

(Shakespears Sister - Stay)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:06 pm

I discovered this song properly in the summer of 2013, when I was still getting settled in my first real flat and loving the freedom and independence that came with it - it didn't hurt that that summer was the best one for many years in the UK, with glorious weather, and that had a surprisingly big effect too. This song became part of the soundtrack of my life, in particular as the song I listened to every weekend before nights out to get myself in the party mood. I love the energy and sentiment of it so much!

(John Parr - St Elmo's Fire)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:35 pm

This song has been in my head on and off recently, and then - for the last two nights anyway - it’s turned up on the classic TOTP episodes I’ve been watching on BBC4. This seems to signal some kind of connection to it, and since I’ve been familiar with it since childhood(Like a number of classic tracks I think it got re-released in the early 90s), it’s now appropriate to post it here. I seem to be haunted by it one way or another:

(Squeeze - Labelled With Love)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Sat May 08, 2021 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:38 pm

This video recently came up in my YouTube recommendations when I searched for the hymn, and I was very moved - and sensed Synchronicity - when I saw where this rendition was played, especially as other videos from the same concert didn't have the location in the video title...! I thought it should be posted here, considering:

(Andre Rieu - Nearer, My God, To Thee)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:23 pm

I remember being very drawn to this one when it came out, mainly because I loved the tune itself. But over time I became more aware of the words, and recently I’ve been haunted by it. I heard it again on the radio this afternoon and I felt that was a good cue to post it:

(The Feeling - I Thought It Was Over)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:15 am

This is a song that spoke to my soul the very first time I really heard it, almost exactly 2 years ago now - the song that made me realise that music can awaken memories not just from our past in this life, but from past lives too. It's a particularly special one for me for that reason alone, and one which has made me realise the power of music even more. Today just feels like a good time to post it here, energy-wise:

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Linking to a new video after YouTube removed/deleted the one I previously posted. With See My Baby Jive, of all songs. Shocking!)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:45 pm

I've been very drawn to this song ever since I first saw the movie about 12 years ago, and I see a lot of similarity with my own life when I hear the words. These last few days it's been in my head a lot:

Such affinity... Such haunting affinity.

(Madonna - Another Suitcase In Another Hall)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 21 ... 35  Next