The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

4 posters

Page 8 of 35 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 35  Next

Go down

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 8 Empty Re: TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:05 am

This is a song I actually heard properly for the first time on TOTP 1981 a couple of years ago. I loved it straight away, and like a number of songs, it's been in my head lately - so while I'm in the mood of adding to the playlist I'll post it here:

Love the lyrics and sentiment as well as the melody!

(ELO - Hold On Tight)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:08 am

This song has always been a guilty pleasure, and has always made me think of countryside(Farmland) and gardens, as well as spring, for whatever reason. Specifically the month of April. Probably appropriate to post it now:

(Steeleye Span - All Around My Hat)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:28 am

I've been drawn to this song since about a year ago, when I first heard it on the radio; everything about the song captivates me but in a more subconscious way than many others, as in being drawn to it without consciously liking it. One morning recently, I woke up with it playing in my head, although I have no idea why.
Anyways, think it should definitely be posted here:

(Ariana Grande - One Last Time)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:51 am

I've liked this ever since it first came out, and I've never been a big fan of La Roux per se, but this track has always struck a chord with me, and lately it's been in my head too:

(La Roux - Bulletproof)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed May 02, 2018 7:31 am

This song is one I first discovered at the age of 13 when a classic chart was played on local radio and this song was #1 on it; I immediately loved it. I've been a big fan of the track ever since, and it's haunted me at times too:

(Bee Gees - You Win Again)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed May 02, 2018 7:54 am

This song has haunted me for years; it's been in my head, or at least the chorus has, pretty persistently. I only just got pointed in the direction of it by YouTube as I was checking out another classic by Let Loose, and finally found out it was them who sang it!
Clearly, no playlist related to my life would be complete without it:

(Let Loose - Seventeen)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed May 02, 2018 8:10 am

I've been very drawn to this track ever since it came out, think it's symbolic of a lot of the struggles we face in life in general, and it's so powerful and beautiful in terms of its sentiment and overall sound. I particularly love how it builds and builds in the second half, and those lyrics - I've been there and felt every word. 
I find it biographical in some ways:

(Foo Fighters - Walk)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu May 03, 2018 12:51 pm

This track was one which got into my head as soon as it got released as a single with the associated radio airplay. I connect strongly with the sentiment behind the song, and I love the words too, even down to the title:

It's haunted me at times too, and been in my consciousness today.

(Marina and the Diamonds - Shampain)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri May 04, 2018 12:03 pm

I loved the power and general sound of this track most of all when it first came out - can't believe that was exactly 15 years ago now. (I've noticed I seem to get particularly drawn to songs I've always liked on or around the anniversary of their original release, for some reason.)
Maybe there's a message in it which is still "waiting" for me to discover it, I dunno. But I've definitely always loved it:

(Hell Is For Heroes - You Drove Me To It)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri May 04, 2018 12:19 pm

This is a track I connected strongly with when it first came out, and hearing it at a house party a few weeks ago brought it back into my consciousness again. I think the sentiment is very powerful and heartfelt:

(The All American Rejects - Swing, Swing)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri May 04, 2018 12:32 pm

I remember this track vaguely from when it originally came out, but it wasn't till a few years ago that I really began connecting with it. 
I find it powerful and heartrending all at once:

(Soul Asylum - Runaway Train)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat May 05, 2018 4:09 am

This is the song which Sky chose for the soundtrack of their F1 channel when they originally launched it back in 2012, although I was familiar with it even before that... I also love the words of the chorus in particular, as I find Synchronicity in them. Think it's overdue for me to post it here:

(Sky Sports F1 | Alastair Griffin - Just Drive)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat May 05, 2018 5:57 pm

This song has haunted me on and off, and I find the words so powerful... Heartbreaking in a sense. I remember it from when it came out, but it was about 5 years after that - when I was studying for my Higher exams - that I looped it on CD and listened closely and properly to it, and really connected with it... It's been in my consciousness, from time to time, ever since.
Makes me realise, everytime I hear it, how special life really is.
It definitely needs a mention here, IMO:

(OMD - Walking On The Milky Way)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun May 06, 2018 9:14 am

I've always been a big fan of this song, I was immediately drawn to it when it first came out, and it seems to continue my personal theme of generally being drawn to individual songs more than I am to artists.
Earlier today it turned up in my YouTube recommendations, so that's probably a good reason for it to be here:

(Republica - Drop Dead Gorgeous)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun May 06, 2018 9:38 am

This is a track I was instinctively drawn to when it got released in the UK in the late summer/early autumn of 1996 - long before I saw the movie. I remember just loving it and not really understanding why. I loved the unique sound of the song and the heartfelt lyrics too, and I figured that must be why the song made such an impression on me; I've continued to love it ever since, and it's haunted me at times too, including one time recently when I heard it on the radio in a taxi I was in:

(Deep Blue Something - Breakfast At Tiffany’s)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun May 06, 2018 9:56 am

This is a track I love purely for its sound rather than for sentimental value. When I first heard it played on Radio 1 I thought "I need this in my life", "OMG!" and "Oooft!!", but not necessarily in that order!

It might be an acquired taste, LOL.

(Sleigh Bells - Tell ‘Em)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Sun May 06, 2018 5:58 pm

I don't want to interrupt your playlist, but I must say I'm enjoying it. It's even bringing up old faves of mine like OMD and Wizzard cheers
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun May 06, 2018 7:45 pm

Hey, cheers dude Smile And don't worry, you're not interrupting - you're contributing!
There's been no pattern to it at all, I've literally just been posting the tracks that have had a special meaning to me at some point in the past, as/when they've been coming back into my consciousness - whether they've been haunting me, been appearing in my YouTube recommendations, or whether I've literally just remembered them for some reason. Sometimes I give it a rest for a while and let songs come into my thoughts by themselves, sometimes I go through bursts of intense activity on it. I'm literally trying to create a soundtrack of my life so far, so there are a lot of songs to mention, but I hope it's slowly happening now... Eventually all the tracks with historic meaning for me will be posted up, and then I'll just be posting the ones which figure in my present as they do so. 
Glad to hear you've been enjoying it, that makes me happy too Smile And the tracks you've mentioned are among the closest to my heart!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed May 09, 2018 6:39 am

This tune has been one I've always liked ever since it originally came out, and it's always got stuck in my head easily too, maybe due to its easy-listening sound:

(Foxboro Hot Tubs - Mother Mary)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed May 09, 2018 6:53 am

I immediately paid attention to this song when it came out due to being a fan of The Killers, but I loved it straight away, and I've always found the lyrics resonated with me personally, particularly the lyrics just before the instrumental, as well as the instrumental itself:

(Brandon Flowers - Crossfire)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 35 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 35  Next