The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

4 posters

Page 34 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 34 Empty Re: TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

Post by Agartha Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:32 pm

Ah, I get it...... doesn't really happen to me though. And it's not sad, we all react to things differently. 

Talking about torture, have you ever listened to this song? (I'm going to hell for being bad to you, eh? lol). La tortura.... torture...

Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:57 pm

Aww, you’re very kind Smile
Basically the thought process is like “OMG, she’s so hot etc”, but I can’t communicate my opinion effectively, can’t contact her etc, so I’m disconnected from her so to speak, so I try to shut that bit out and only listen to the music. 

It’s something I hope I’ll grow out of eventually, LOL.

Wow, you posted a video! A song in this thread not posted by me... Sweet Smile
Imma listen to it now.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:15 pm

Nice song!! I’ve heard the name of it before but never listened to it as it isn’t in English(Although I know her Spanish songs and albums are really good too).
Really nice - and I do like the video! She has an amazing body, and always looks taller in the videos than she must be in real life! LOL

Nah, you won’t go to hell - you’d have to actually be nasty and also mean it! So you’re pretty safe! Razz Razz
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:26 am

Sorry I posted in your thread, I only realised after you mentioned it. And I am going to hell... because heaven is probably full of stuck up boring people and I don't really want to be there with them.

Razz Razz
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:30 am

No it’s OK, I don’t mind. Smile

(One thing I’ve always wondered about these personal playlist threads, is whether others can post music videos in them too, or whether only the OP should post the videos in them. I’ve never known TBH, as there seems not to be an actual rule or recommendation about it.)

And yeah, you’re right - Heaven is probably full of straight-laced stiffs and dodgy characters who’ve fast-tracked themselves sainthoods. Razz Razz
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:25 pm

A more recent addition to the playlist, and one which I’d never heard before the beginning of this year, when Sky used it as their background song for an ad previewing their TV shows due for release in 2020.
I grew to love its beat, overall sound and vibe very quickly, and think it’s a really fun and catchy song too:

(Daisy Dash - We Do It Better)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:55 am

This song brings back a lot of childhood memories from November/December 1994 and January 1995, and in particular from that Christmas/New Year break, when I listened to a lot of local radio in the afternoons and this song was getting regular airplay. I loved its melody and also found the lyrics amusing, although I wasn’t old enough yet to understand their deeper meaning.
Today it’s back in my immediate consciousness again for the first time for years, for no apparent reason:

(Jimmy Nail - Crocodile Shoes)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:06 am

This song has been back in my consciousness again today, and it’s always been one of my favourite Queen songs from a sheer fun point of view:

(Queen - Man On The Prowl)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:09 pm

I'm not their biggest fan, but I don't think there is a Queen's song I don't like.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:13 pm

I love all their music, especially their earlier music - it’s still some of the most creative music I’ve heard, if I’m honest. And I think the sheer volume of their back catalogue is pretty exceptional.
But yeah, I don’t think they did a single bad song!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed May 27, 2020 3:06 am

This song is one I connected particularly strongly with when I first heard the Bounce album, as the atrocities of 9/11 had upset me so much.
Last night it came to me really strongly in a dream, although I hadn’t actually heard it for years:

(Bon Jovi - Undivided)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:21 am

I’ve felt a connection with this song, on and off, ever since it first came out back in 2006; lately it’s been back in my consciousness again:

(Dirty Pretty Things - Bang Bang You’re Dead)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:24 pm

This track is one I was introduced to by a friend back in the summer of 2004, when he burned a CD of music for the new computer I’d recently set up in my flat in Dundee Uni halls; after listening to the CD this track immediately jumped out as being my favourite one on it.
Over the next year or so I included it on various compilation CDs which I made of my favourite tracks at the time, and I have many great memories involving it being played at house parties, which have stayed with me over time.
I recently rediscovered it, and a lot of great memories came back as I listened again, which was probably a good reason to post it here:

(Jazzanova - Coffee Talk)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:10 pm

I listened to this song earlier tonight, and it brought back a flood of memories from when it originally got released as a single: September 1997, which was a particularly warm sunny September in Scotland. Listening to this song brings back vivid memories for me of going to school on sunny mornings when the angle of the sun was looking autumnal but the weather was beautiful; I’d started going to the main “big” version of my secondary school that June to get acclimatised to it and begun attending properly the previous month in August, and I was still getting used to that much bigger school at this point, after attending the Annexe version of the school the previous two years.
The bigger school had a huge canteen, where we could get soft drinks on tap for 30p per large cup at break time; my choice was always Coca Cola.
When I listen to this song, I can see how the school looked on sunny autumnal mornings; I can feel the cool breeze in my hair; I can visualise myself in the canteen with the sun streaming in; I can taste the Coke I drank at break, its crisp taste and the cold sensation in my mouth... Such happy memories, among my best memories of school. A more carefree time. I taped this song off the radio at least several times, and it featured on my homemade mixtapes.
It has some sad memories associated with it too, as Princess Diana had just lost her life when the song was released and getting radio airplay, and it made me think of her; still does sometimes.
It’s one which means a lot to me, in all these ways and more too:

(Oasis - Stand By Me)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:30 am

This song just came into my consciousness again today for the first time for ages; it’s always been one of my favourite tracks on the Americana album, and it brings back loads of great memories of good times at house parties and on some nights out too, as well as headbanging to it at home.
I love its energy:

(The Offspring - Walla Walla)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:15 am

This track is one which I’ve considered particularly powerful and touching ever since I first heard it, the first time I listened to Blink-182’s self-titled album.
Lately I’ve been listening to it a lot, along with the other tracks on the album, as I’ve been looking to reconnect with some of my favourite music from the past, and I’ve been struck again by how moving I find it:

(Blink 182 - Stockholm Syndrome Interlude)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:21 am

I thought about posting my favourite Christmas songs here today, but IMO, this day feels like a time more for reflecting than celebrating.
I’ve had some pretty tough years in the past for personal reasons, but nothing - Nothing! - has felt as tough mentally as 2020 has. The constant anxiety and restrictions on everyday freedoms, however subtle, since March, have ground relentlessly on my heart and soul.
So much intense emotion... The overpowering fear of catching this horrible virus; the heartache felt for those who’ve already caught it and died due to it; the overwhelming gratitude for the NHS and other frontline workers who’ve selflessly saved lives and helped others while being exposed to the damn thing; the happiness when I knew a vaccine was going to be rolled out so quickly, followed by a new wave of anxiety and despair when I heard news of the new strain of the virus and the new lockdown being imposed(Although I welcome the lockdown in the circumstances, the restrictions imposed by it while waiting for the vaccine will still be tough).
I think that “Emotional rollercoaster” is not a strong enough term for what we’ve been through this year!
This song and video sum up my feelings about Christmas Day 2020:

(TBH Rogue deserves some of the credit for my choice of song, I’ve found this song synonymous with the pandemic ever since you posted a different video of it in your thread!)

(Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence/COVID-19 Themed)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:07 pm

I’ve always been a big fan of this song, and it’s seemed to follow me about at times, especially as it’s often tended to play frequently in my Last FM mix, to the extent where it was my most played track on my Last FM profile at one point, purely through those random plays.
A number of times in the past I’ve connected with its energy and vibe too, and now feels like one of those times, when I think about events both personally and in the wider world:

(Muse - Uprising)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Agartha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:40 am

Love it!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

TrueCrazyLion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:59 am

I’ve loved this song ever since the Costello Music album got released, and lately it’s been coming up in my Last FM mix a lot, which has reignited my love of its melody and beat:

Bouncy, LOL!

(The Fratellis - For The Girl)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next