The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

4 posters

Page 33 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 33 Empty Re: TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:29 pm

This song has many great memories for me from the summer of 2000(It hit #1 in the UK Charts on 18th June 2000 and was constantly getting radio airplay throughout the early part of that summer) and every time I hear it, it brings back memories and vibes from what was generally a very happy and uplifting summer for me.
I particularly love the beat:

(Black Legend - You See The Trouble With Me)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:13 pm

This song is one which I connected with massively when I first listened to Bon Jovi’s debut album in the spring of 2004, and then went through a phase of listening to repeatedly in May 2004(Which, I’ve since found out, coincided exactly with the 20th anniversary of its release). I connected strongly with the lyrics, as they summed up a number of personal experiences which I’d had by that point; the lyrics came to mean so much to me that when I made a mixtape of my favourite early Bon Jovi songs in early May 2004, I actually wrote the opening verses of the song on the inside of the cassette sleeve.
It’s a song which I’ve considered powerful, beautiful and underrated ever since:

(Bon Jovi - She Don’t Know Me)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:23 am

Like I said to you not long ago: I love this song!! ^^

And yes, totally underrated... but Bon Jovi has many songs that are not famous and they are great.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:50 am

Yeah, I think Bon Jovi’s early albums are like musical boxes of chocolates - you always find classics you knew you loved but somehow they’re always even better than you remembered! Very Happy
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:34 pm

I love all of Blink-182’s songs from the late 90s and early 2000s, but this one in particular has managed to transcend into my everyday affections for some reason, as I keep thinking of it from time to time, even now; it’s one which I really love the sentiment of as well as the overall sound of the song:

(Blink-182 - Give Me One Good Reason)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:25 pm

I’ve been a big fan of this song for about 10 years now(I would’ve been much earlier too if it had been given proper radio airplay in the UK when it was originally released), and as well as loving its beat and overall sound, I find it taps into my innermost “Wow!” feelings too.
Just yesterday it came up in my YouTube recommendations, which I felt was a good enough cue to post it here:

(The Offspring - Want You Bad)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:20 pm

This song has loads of great memories for me from the summer of 2006, when it was a big hit in the UK, and listening to it always brings back great vibes from that time:

(Rogue Traders - Voodoo Child)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:01 pm

This song suddenly came back into my immediate consciousness just yesterday, even though I hadn’t heard it at all for literally years; then, tonight, as I was in the taxi going home, it got played on the radio in the taxi, which I took as a cue to post it here.
It was a song which I found very catchy when it originally came out, and which has a number of memories and vibes from back in 2011-2012 associated with it for me as a result:

(D’Banj - Oliver Twist)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:24 am

This is one of my favourite Blondie songs, and after first properly discovering it in late 2013 when I bought their first Greatest Hits album, I connected much more deeply with it in the late summer and early autumn of 2014, when I created a piece of abstract artwork inspired by one of the lyrics. 
Since then I’ve always considered it one of their most beautiful songs.
In the last few days it’s been back in my immediate consciousness for the first time for ages, and just last night it got played on the soundsystem in the restaurant I was in, which struck me as being the cue to post it in this thread:

(Blondie - Picture This)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:07 pm

This track recently came up in my YouTube recommendations, and it’s one of my favourite football-related songs - even though it’s about a team I’ll never support!
It got extensive airplay on local radio in the late spring and early summer of 1998, and hearing it brings back a lot of great childhood memories from that time:

(Fat Les - Vindaloo)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:27 pm

I loved this song when it first started getting radio airplay in May 2010, and immediately found its lyrics to be some of the most beautiful ones I’ve ever heard, purely for their sentiment and expression; I found I could lose myself in this song and briefly forget about all and any of life’s issues while it was playing.
I was put in mind of it by the Fat Les song I posted above, with the WorldCup connection.
Listening to it again now makes me wonder how I’d gone so long without listening to it before today:

(K’Naan - Wavin’ Flag)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:47 pm

Love that song!! It takes me back to the world cup. But Shakira's song was equally good.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:10 am

Actually I wondered if you might like it too, haha Smile It’s so many of the things you’ve said before that you like!

I love the songs from the 2010 WorldCup especially, it was so beautiful to see Africa hosting one, waaay overdue IMO.

And yes, Shakira’s song... Love that one too, was thinking about posting it next actually. And Shakira herself... She’s been one of my crushes for years, and it extends to her music too. (I actually had a vivid dream about her once! LOL)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:19 am

You should move to South America, me thinks! lol

Actually, they'll love your looks there, with your long blond hair and big blue eyes.. just make sure you tell them you are Scottish, they love Scottish people but they despise the 'gringos' (Americans and English).
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:31 pm

Haha, thanks for this feedback Very Happy 
Much appreciated! Smile

As it turns out I’ve always wanted to visit South America, I’ve always been very drawn to it(Especially Argentina), it looks so beautiful with so many different environments(Rainforest, high mountains, arid desert, huge cities, etc) - it looks like a self-contained beautiful world.

Recently I actually mentioned to the owner of the cafe I sometimes go to(For pizza!) that I was interested in travelling in future and doing photography work in a different place than just Dundee, and as I’d previously overheard him suggesting to another customer to try moving to the north of Scotland to start a business, if he thought the same idea might suit me - and after thinking for a moment, and without prompting, he said that no, moving to South America would suit me best, because of the photo opportunities and lifestyle there. 
I was surprised by this, but also very interested, as it felt like some kind of divinity almost.

I’d definitely make sure they knew I was Scottish, haha - my patriotism would make sure of it! Razz Very Happy
(It’s interesting what you say about the gringos - lately I’ve watched a lot of Banged Up Abroad on Sky, and the name “gringos” has often been mentioned on the show in the episodes featuring South American prisons, but always applied to American and English prisoners. So what you say makes a lot of sense!)

Maybe having a Latin surname might help open doors for me there too, I dunno. But seems like it might fit in anyway! LOL
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:47 am

I'd say 'go for it'! Because at the end of your life you'll only regret the things you didn't do (the people you didn't date, the shoes you didn't buy and the cake you didn't eat LOL).

Gringos was a specific word for Americans and English (white ones) but nowadays they use it with anybody who is white... in fact my siblings and I are called gringos and gringas when we visit Argentina.

The problem with being American or English is that they link it to oppression and invasion (and they have a good reason to do so). They don't really have such problem with white people from other countries. 

Lion, go on holidays there and you'll get the vibe of the places.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:57 pm

So true RE regrets, in my experience it’s been exactly like you say - I’ve only regretted things I didn’t do(Or at least didn’t do yet! LOL. I’m an eternal optimist!). 

I definitely want to go travelling, and South America is very high on my list of places to not only visit but stay there and experience properly. I still have a few situations from the past to sort and loose ends to tie up here first(Including going to Uni which is still in my plans for the fairly near future), but after that I want to see a lot of the world. I have a fairly new passport - which I got before the original Brexit date, so it still has European Union on the front cover - and I eventually want to put it to good use!

LOL at the gringos/gringas thing! (It does make sense though, distinguishing between genders and also “evolving” the word to describe others besides the original people it was intended for.)

I totally understand why they must feel the way they do(Oppression/invasion), and TBH, being Scottish, I think we have reasons to feel like we’re in the same boat! LOL

You’re right, you need to go there to really experience it... Just hope I’ll get the opportunity sooner than later!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:40 am

One of my favourite WorldCup-related songs, which also brings back some of the nicer memories from summer 2010 for me - and I also found a video for it which ties in with one of my favourite movies:

(Shakira - Waka Waka)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:10 am

But no Shakira shaking hips? lol
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:28 am

If I’m completely honest(And this probably sounds very sad), sometimes when a singer is particularly hot, I’ll deliberately post a video of their song I like which doesn’t show them in person, because in my experience, watching them sing and dance in the official video can a bit like torture. LOL
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next