The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music of other lives....... ♥♫

+3
Rogue
Kaere
Agartha
7 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Music of other lives....... ♥♫ - Page 5 Empty Re: Music of other lives....... ♥♫

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:02 pm

RIP Olivia Newton John Sad

OMG… Sad
I won’t lie, this one slices through me like a machete. 
She was one of my first crushes when I was growing up. I went to see Grease in the cinema when it was re-released for the 20th anniversary, I can still remember that night in July 1998 when I was 14, it’s still one of my favourite ever cinema-related experiences, and really, for me, between being the female star of the movie and singing the songs in the movie, she was kinda central to it.
Xanadu is one of my favourite songs ever, it just speaks to my heart and soul; always has done.
Her character in Xanadu was appropriate, because somehow she seemed to have a superhuman presence.

RIP to an awesome woman who, through her artistry, danced on my heartstrings and played an unforgettable tune.  Music of other lives....... ♥♫ - Page 5 2764
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Music of other lives....... ♥♫ - Page 5 Empty Re: Music of other lives....... ♥♫

Post by Agartha Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:35 pm

She was amazing and known all over the world.... rest in peace OLivia! ♥
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

TrueCrazyLion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:50 pm

I’ve seen all the YouTube videos of her songs have loads of nice tribute comments posted on them now; clearly she touched a lot of lives and hearts, I’m one of many  Music of other lives....... ♥♫ - Page 5 2764
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:49 pm

Very sad here in Australia losing both ONJ and Judith Durham within a couple of days of each other. State funerals have been offered to both families. RIP to two amazing women.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:04 pm

That’s a good point about Judith Durham too! I did notice she’d passed away about a day before I read about Olivia.
For some reason I’ve never really felt a connection with The Seekers and never really listened to their music - I have heard the odd song by them occasionally and actually found their music very melodic, not dissimilar to The Carpenters for example. But for some reason I’ve just never gotten into it - the polar opposite of Olivia, who I’ve felt this massive connection to.
But clearly Judith was also a brilliant and unique musical talent. RIP Sad
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:20 pm

Also, RIP Darius Campbell Danesh Sad

He wasn’t a global superstar like some musicians, and maybe wasn’t even well known outside of the UK. But I remember him for being the biggest Scottish star on the first series of Pop Idol(Popstars) back in 2001, and then providing part of the soundtrack of the summer of 2002 with his debut song Colourblind above, which went straight to #1 in the charts, even though he’d been told it wouldn’t be a hit.
After that, he went on to have a very successful career in stage acting and in musicals.

RIP… He was only 41 Sad
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Agartha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:07 pm

My sister and I loved him back then! So young.... is it me or too many idols are dying this year? 

RIP handsome lad ♥
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:37 pm

I’ve always loved Colourblind ever since it first came out; at first I just loved the melody of it and how well Darius sings it; then I soon began to study the lyrics, and realised how beautifully and intelligently written the song was - so much more nicely written than most songs which were in the charts at the time. Then, a while later I think, I found out that he’d written it himself; I was massively impressed, and I realised what a gifted musician Darius was - and how stupid people like Simon Cowell were to overlook such a gem of a song! I was so pleased for Darius when I found out he’d gone against their advice by going ahead with this awesome song and releasing it, and proving them all wrong! So pleased for him, and it was such a feelgood story!
He was - he is - an inspiration. Smile

Yeah, you’re right - we seem to be losing so many great names at the moment, it’s heartbreaking Sad
And so many of them are gone too soon. :-/

And yeah, he was so good looking! He was so multitalented, he could’ve gone into TV or film acting, or modelling too, if he’d wanted to.

Very underrated guy. Sad
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Agartha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:49 am

So many greats leaving us.... RIP Margaret Urlich

Rogue
Rogue

Agartha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:12 pm

Don't really know her but I agree, too many talented people leaving us this year!!  RIP ♥
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:00 pm

I didn’t know who she was either, but yes, it’s always very sad when somebody who has meant a lot to us during their lifetime is no longer here. 
RIP Sad
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:22 pm

RIP Elizabeth ll 

Rogue
Rogue

Agartha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:55 am

RIP, besides being pro or anti-monarchy, she was a mother and a grandmother and we should show them some respect during this sad times. 

Rest in Peace, Queen of England ♥
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:14 pm

What surprised me was how quickly she went downhill in the end; she received Liz Truss as the new PM on Monday of this week, just 5 days ago…! And while she clearly wasn’t in great health then, I thought she still wasn’t looking bad for a 96-year-old. I did get the feeling that she was maybe terminally unwell, but I still thought she had months ahead of her at least, not a day or two…!
Maybe she was just incredibly tough and strong at fighting off illness, and good at hiding how unwell she was.
It’s a sad loss.
RIP Sad
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5