The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland, the Brave

+5
Stirky
IceWendigo
Kaere
Agartha
Rogue
9 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Scotland, the Brave - Page 7 Empty Re: Scotland, the Brave

Post by Kaere Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:34 pm

I think so, for this vote at least...
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:39 pm

Just seems so young. At 16 I'm not sure they have enough experience of government and the machinations of economics etc.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:02 pm

Rogue wrote:
Lol Len, it could be more 'Struth mate!' Wink

waking up to a huntsman spider would be scary to non Oz dwellers!

Ah yes, maybe tht is what undid the yes side? that younger people who might be swayed easily by the other side voted no? be interesting to see the demographics of the no/yes voters' ages.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:11 am

III wrote:

What do you know about the USA - mainstream propaganda, eh.

Same about the UK, the British and the Scottish....... you need to come live here for a couple of years to understand why the English don't want to loose Scotland and why Scotland voted for no..... you can only understand it when you become a resident, as it's not easy to explain and all you know is from the internet. It's way more than just money and economics.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:12 am

What you fail to understand is these psychopaths will do anything in order to keep power and control.

Scotland, the Brave - Page 7 Cnn

See the pile of YES in the NO group.
Scotland, the Brave - Page 7 Scotland-no

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:47 am

VM, try to investigate before you believe those youtube videos, cause I seen them too and I went to the YES campaign to find out, guess what?

The table with they YES votes on the NO table had not been counted yet, they were just resting on the NO table........ this according to the YES DUNDEE official who tweeted the following:

Scotland, the Brave - Page 7 YesDundee_zpsff75af15

The girl on the video looks like she doesn't know what she was doing, probably tired after being up all night counting votes BUT the votes are recounted by officials from both parties anyway afterwards.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:57 am

It was rigged, no way would the English Aristocracy allow Scotland to become independent.

Just like 911, it was a setup by the USA, not some middle east terrorists.

You don't understand, the people running the show are psychopaths.

Last edited by III on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:59 am

Fair enough, if that's what you think.

I don't think it was, otherwise the YES leaders would have created chaos by now, especially Alex Salmond who has now resigned.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:02 am

Agartha wrote:Fair enough, if that's what you think.

I don't think it was, otherwise the YES leaders would have created chaos by now, especially Alex Salmond who has now resigned.

Of course it was, just like the Quebec referendum, 1995.

OR the Gore/ Bush (Florida) vote......

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:05 am

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:58 am

No I do not think it was rigged, and it was always going to be a close call as that just shows how divided Scotland were on the issue. I know quite a few Scots, and some of them didn't even know what to vote.
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:53 pm

An interesting take on what the UK might expect now... don't fret though, at some point you become to numb to all of it Very Happy

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/scotland-vote-just-the-start-of-a-rough-ride-for-u-k-1.2771767
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:25 pm

It will pass, hope things go well across the pond.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Yep so do I!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:21 am

I have the feeling the Scottish will pay a price for even having this referendum, cause the people of England have been complaining that they get no benefits from their taxes and it all goes to Scotland and Northern Ireland, which is true, this is why (as a small example)  in England university costs £9000 per year and in Scotland only £1500.

After this referendum, the English right wing will get more votes, you'll see.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:25 am

Agartha wrote:I have the feeling the Scottish will pay a price for even having this referendum, cause the people of England have been complaining that they get no benefits from their taxes and it all goes to Scotland and Northern Ireland, which is true, this is why (as a small example)  in England university costs £9000 per year and in Scotland only £1500.

After this referendum, the English right wing will get more votes, you'll see.

Scotland has the OIL.

In 1999 Tony Blair secretly made 6,000 MILES of SCOTLAND'S SEA - ENGLISH
by moving Scotland's marine boundaries from Berwick-up-on-Tweed to Carnoustie.

The shocking thing about this secret order is that it was not openly discussed in the Commons, passed by the house of Lords and then passed by a very select Labour and Liberal committee in the Scottish Office.

This unjust act secretly passed, without the consent of the Scottish People took 15% of oil and gas revenues out of the Scottish sector of the North Sea taking £2.2 Billion out of the Scottish economy. This lost revenue is more than the proposed £35 Billion Scottish budget cuts for the next 15 years (£2.16 Billion per year)

Documents detailing secret government plans in the 1970s to prevent Scotland laying claim to North Sea oil have been seen by The Times. They show the extraordinary lengths to which civil servants were prepared to go to head off devolution, which was seen then as inevitably leading to independence.

http://www.oilofscotland.org/scottish_north_sea_oil.html

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:31 am

The oil industry is declining, even for other Nordic countries like Norway, see this article:
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/05/08/uk-norway-economy-insight-idUKKBN0DO07520140508

I know it seems crazy when we need oil for our cars and planes, etc.... but I have read a few articles where the economists predict the oil industry will be obsolete by 2050.

Regarding Scotland:

By the time an independent Scotland is allowed into the European Union - perhaps in the early 2020s, perhaps later unless Spain, Italy and others relent - the world's oil industry will already be in structural decline.
Much of Scotland's projected oil wealth will no longer exist, rendered obsolete by spectacular advances in energy science taking place at elite universities in the US, backed by the US Energy Department and the Pentagon. Both Washington and Beijing were shocked out of complacency by the 2008 oil crisis, but few seem to have noticed this in Scotland.
There is a strangely dated feel to the claims and counter-claims of the Yes and No sides on the scale of Scotland's reserves, as if we are still living in the 20th century.
Is it 24bn barrels, enough to fund a Nordic welfare model for “many, many decades to come”, as Alex Salmond heroically insists? Or nearer 16bn, as Sir Ian Wood cautions, and most oil veterans endorse?
Whole article with data: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/ambroseevans_pritchard/11103051/Scotland-may-find-it-has-no-EU-no-currency-and-not-much-oil.html
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:37 am

Agartha wrote:The oil industry is declining, even for other Nordic countries like Norway, see this article:
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/05/08/uk-norway-economy-insight-idUKKBN0DO07520140508

I know it seems crazy when we need oil for our cars and planes, etc.... but I have read a few articles where the economists predict the oil industry will be obsolete by 2050.

Regarding Scotland:

By the time an independent Scotland is allowed into the European Union - perhaps in the early 2020s, perhaps later unless Spain, Italy and others relent - the world's oil industry will already be in structural decline.
Much of Scotland's projected oil wealth will no longer exist, rendered obsolete by spectacular advances in energy science taking place at elite universities in the US, backed by the US Energy Department and the Pentagon. Both Washington and Beijing were shocked out of complacency by the 2008 oil crisis, but few seem to have noticed this in Scotland.
There is a strangely dated feel to the claims and counter-claims of the Yes and No sides on the scale of Scotland's reserves, as if we are still living in the 20th century.
Is it 24bn barrels, enough to fund a Nordic welfare model for “many, many decades to come”, as Alex Salmond heroically insists? Or nearer 16bn, as Sir Ian Wood cautions, and most oil veterans endorse?
Whole article with data: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/ambroseevans_pritchard/11103051/Scotland-may-find-it-has-no-EU-no-currency-and-not-much-oil.html

Yeah, I too believe the oil industry will be obsolete by 2050. What do we have to replace it?

Solar and all those other 'green' sources won't be enough.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:44 am

III wrote:
Yeah, I too believe the oil industry will be obsolete by 2050. What do we have to replace it?

I have read that Hydrogen seems to be what will replace oil products, and it's cheap and clean.
I may try to google about this later on, see what I can find. Very Happy
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:48 am

Agartha wrote:
III wrote:

I have read that Hydrogen seems to be what will replace oil products, and it's cheap and clean.
I may try to google about this later on, see what I can find. Very Happy

Sorry aggie, Hydrogen is only an energy carrier, it takes POWER to convert H2O to Hydrogen.

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next