Scotland, the Brave

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Scotland, the Brave - Page 8 Empty Re: Scotland, the Brave

Post by Agartha on Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:43 pm

OK..... I may be remembering wrong then....... it was an element though..
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper on Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:11 pm

Yep VM H2 is just an energy carrier. EIEO=Energy in for Energy out. It takes a fair amount of electricity to crack H2O.

Another anomaly is touting electric cars when the electric part is generated by coal or gas.

Perhaps the best way is to look at our energy use is to realise that energy is a finite resource and should treated as such.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordae on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:32 am

@Lenzabi wrote:
@Rogue wrote:
Lol Len, it could be more 'Struth mate!' Wink

waking up to a huntsman spider would be scary to non Oz dwellers!

Ah yes, maybe tht is what undid the yes side? that younger people who might be swayed easily by the other side voted no? be interesting to see the demographics of the no/yes voters' ages.

From the little I've looked at it Len, it appears the under 35's were mainly in favour of independence, while the over 65's voted to remain in the Union.

EDIT:
My guess is that the final push has only been deferred, rather than been conclusively finished, especially if the concessions promised by Westminster turn out to be less than expected.

Quite a good article here, which although written before the vote, does touch on a couple of theories that smaller nations are where the enlightenment, innovation, mutual aid and the arts are powered from, as well as pointing out that the majority of the worlds biggest economies are multi-national corporations, as opposed to nations.

Last edited by Mordae on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra thoughts, bad spelling etc)
Mordae
Mordae

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk (in hiding) on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:13 am

Scotland, the Brave - Page 8 2unzyie

Monk (in hiding)

Back to top Go down

Post by IceWendigo on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:25 am

@Agartha wrote:
III wrote:
Yeah, I too believe the oil industry will be obsolete by 2050. What do we have to replace it?

Solar and all those other 'green' sources won't be enough.

I have read that Hydrogen seems to be what will replace oil products, and it's cheap and clean.
I may try to google about this later on, see what I can find. Very Happy

Tesla is building a Gigafactory for batteries that should enable it to produce 35-40k $ electric cars with decent range. Remember how expensive new tech was like dvd player etc in the first years of introduction and how the price was able to go down, this will probably occur with electric cars. Most High speed trains are electric and Elon Musk believes it possible for very fast[potentially supersonic] electric planes to be developed in the near future (He probably has had access to design concepts that would make it feasible. For all we know it could be something no one expects like using a carbon material for the hull that is able to store electrons as a capacitor or something).

Im very much against hydrogen personally, I see it as a big red herring, specially for cars. Theres no need for an hydrogen middle man with infrastructure. The way to go imo is all electric(Like Tesla/Leaf) along side electric with range extension(Volt) to be phased out as battery/capacitor range increases over the next years, along with solar panels as an eventual primary source for the electricity for the car batteries.

There are people right now who are virtually self sufficient with solar panels on their roof and an electric car, and thats with current solar panel technology. Solar panels should become more efficient and cost less over the next years, and photovoltaic paint could make solar energy very cheap, printable solar panels to mass produced solar panels, you could have photovoltaic window blinds that accumulate energy during the day, window glass of buildings with photovoltaic film. And theres also research on panels that absorb energy both night and day (infrared?).

Finite Energy, we have a gigantic thermo nuclear reactor called the sun, beaming astronomical amounts of energy which should last us several billion years.
IceWendigo
IceWendigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:27 am

@IceWendigo wrote:
Finite Energy, we have a gigantic thermo nuclear reactor called the sun, beaming astronomical amounts of energy which should last us several billion years.

Absolutely, but they have to work on making solar panels and  solar storage more effective.

I find it sad that in some countries, like in the UK, solar farms are going to loose subsidies, but they are not stopping subsidies for fracking....
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IceWendigo on Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:04 pm

Absolutely, but they have to work on making solar panels and solar storage more effective.

I find it sad that in some countries, like in the UK, solar farms are going to loose subsidies, but they are not stopping subsidies for fracking....
Solar panels offer the possibility to in great part free ourselves from centralized energy providers and have a considerable decentralized energy generation without paying a middle man, when photovoltaic materials can be integrated to roofing or building materials in a way that is similar in cost, we would be living in houses that generate most of the electricity to power the house and the car, without using petrol for personal transport and a portion of our home requirements.

Subsidies (instead of paying billions for nuclear missiles) could be allocated to the production/printers so that it would be extremely cheap to give or sell/purchase solar panels

IceWendigo
IceWendigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue on Sat May 09, 2015 12:31 am

Scotland was a very strong voice against the United Kingdom in this election. No?
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky on Sat May 09, 2015 2:14 am

The SNP winning every seat bar 3 in Scotland, really put the nail in the coffin for Labour. All part of the plan I believe!
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum