The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

4 posters

Page 19 of 35 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next

Go down

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 19 Empty Re: TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:36 pm

I first became aware of this song in August 2013, as that was when I first noticed it getting played regularly on various radio stations, and I immediately loved its beat, and found it was brilliant for dancing to on nights out.
Recently it’s come up repeatedly in my YouTube recommendations too:

(Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:01 pm

I found this track amusing more than anything else when it first came out, although I loved it's beat too. But over time it has made more of an emotional impact too, has haunted me at times, and has come to represent how I felt in the late summer and autumn of 2006, when it got released as a single in the UK.
Recently it came up in my YouTube recommendations too:

(Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin')

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:02 pm

I first heard this song while playing Grand Theft Auto - it didn't get any airplay on local radio - and immediately loved its power, energy and overall sound. Over time it's steadily acquired more and more emotional meaning for me too:

(The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:52 am

A song which became a personal anthem for me during my final year at school; I remember getting a copy of the album and being familiar with this track months before it eventually got released as a single:

(Sum 41 - Motivation)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:09 am

This song has always had a big emotional impact for me, ever since I first heard it while watching the Queen Rare Live video when I was 10 years old. I bought a copy of Queen's first album in February 2001, and this was one of several tracks on it that I listened to repeatedly after that. It's a song with great sentimental meaning which is easier to feel than it is to put into words:

(Queen - Keep Yourself Alive)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:33 am

I first discovered this track online in July 2002, and immediately liked it - and when it got released as a single a couple of months later, I immediately bought the album. I connected strongly with this song, and it came to be representative of the feelings and memories I had during the autumn I was getting ready to start Uni:

(Bowling For Soup - Girl All The Bad Guys Want)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:12 am

This song first came to my attention through one of my favourite movies, Love Actually - and over time, it's grown on me to become one of the songs which I consider to be the most powerful, beautiful and moving:

(The Beach Boys - God Only Knows)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:58 am

I connected with this song strongly in the spring of 1999 when it got the radio airplay associated with its release. I loved its lyrics, chorus, overall sound and overall vibe. For me it's become strongly associated with the nervous but overall exciting feelings I felt as I prepared to sit my first proper exams, and other happy times which I had during that spring and early summer.
In November 2000 I got the Greatest Hits album, with the extended version of the song, and listening to it then further strengthened my positive connection and association with it:

(Blur - Tender)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:55 am

One of my favourite songs during the early summer of 1997, which has grown to bring back many good memories - and which also just came up in my YouTube recommendations:

(The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:42 pm

I immediately liked this song when I bought the album in October 2002, so when it got released as a single in the early summer of 2003 I was already familiar with it. It has always gotten into my head easily, and has haunted me on and off in the years since too. I've always enjoyed connecting with it, both in terms of its overall sound and on a deeper sentimental level:

(Coldplay - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:33 am

The first time I really connected with this track was when I heard it at a crazy house party after a ceilidh in December 2001, and it's had a special meaning for me ever since - especially the opening bit.
Earlier tonight it got brought back into my immediate consciousness by being played on a classic TopOfThePops show which I was watching on BBC4:

(Run DMC - Walk This Way)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:58 pm

There are so many childhood memories associated with this track... I've seen the movie countless times since I first discovered it at a very young age, and it's up there with Breakfast At Tiffany's for me in terms of sentimental significance:

(C.W. McCall - Convoy)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:27 am

This track was one which immediately became associated with a positive and happy time in my life, as it got released the same month I finished school, June 2002. I also loved the track itself, especially the subtle humour of it - and I loved the video too. It gives me a positive rush everytime I see it:

(Eminem - Without Me)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:54 pm

When this song started getting radio airplay in the UK I was in my first couple of months at Uni(October-November 2002) and this track became symbolic of the overall freshness and excitement I was experiencing as a new student, as well as thinking how much my whole life had changed in the few months since I'd left school. In the years since, it's grown on me even more in terms of sentimental meaning, as I've always found the melody - as well as some of the lyrics - particularly easy to connect with:

(The Coral - Dreaming Of You)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:00 pm

I first heard this song when I listened to a badly-scratched copy of Rubber Soul that had been lying about for years(The new CD player I'd recently bought was good enough to be able to play that CD even though the light shone through some of the scratches when it was held up to said light!). I was immediately drawn to this song, and loved the melody of it.
In recent days it's been back in my consciousness again:

(Beatles - Norwegian Wood)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:22 pm

This song has haunted me a lot over time. The version in Grease is one I feel deeply attached to, just from watching the movie so many times.
In June 2003 I watched the movie The Delinquents one night as it happened to be on terrestrial TV, and I felt a strong connection with the message behind the movie as it resonated deeply with me, including Kylie's version of the song, and the song's lyrics.
Earlier tonight the original version of it got played in the restaurant I was in, and this brought it back into my consciousness:

(Kylie - Tears On My Pillow)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:45 pm

I was a huge fan of this song in the mid-90s, and it came to symbolise that whole era for me in terms of vibes and feelings.
Just today it came back into my consciousness again for no particular reason - then tonight, after I got in the taxi I'd ordered to go home from the restaurant, this was the very first song that got played on the radio in the taxi after I'd got in as the 10PM news was finishing:

(D:Ream - Things Can Only Get Better)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:23 am

This song has a lot of happy childhood memories for me, as I discovered it(nearly exactly 13 years after it came out) in late 1996, and loved its beat, rhythm and melody - right from the opening moment of the song.
Just today it came up in my YouTube recommendations, reminding me that it belongs here:

(Billy Joel - Uptown Girl)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:29 pm

I immediately loved this track as soon as I heard it, purely for its beat, which I found infectious; I've always loved dancing to it:

(Will Smith - Switch)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:09 am

I first discovered this track in July 2003 when I was watching a classic TopOfThePops repeat with a friend and it came on. I immediately liked it so much I bought a copy of the Greatest Hits album, just so I could listen to this song on repeat. I felt a powerful sentimental connection with it straight away.
Ever since then it's still been one of my favourite chillout tracks:

(Fleetwood Mac - Albatross)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:04 am; edited 4 times in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 35 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next