The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

4 posters

Page 11 of 35 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 35  Next

Go down

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 11 Empty Re: TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:49 pm

This is a track which made a big emotional impression when it first came out, and which I connected with on a deep level purely for its sound; it brings back a lot of personal memories too. It was the first Dubstep single I really connected with:

(Magnetic Man - I Need Air)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:33 am; edited 2 times in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:17 pm

This is a song I've loved ever since I first listened to the Hysteria album 11 years ago. I love the whole sound of it, as well as the lyrical references to the early 70s(!!!) and the fact it samples the beat from an older song. It's had a special place in my feelings for a while now:

(Def Leppard - Rocket)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:17 am

One of the most touching songs I've ever heard, and one that brings back a databurst of memories every time I hear it. Has a lot of personal meaning:

(Aerosmith - I Don't Want To Miss A Thing)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:23 pm

I discovered this track when it was featured on the 1977 edition of the "I heart The 70s" series of documentaries which the BBC made in 2000. I loved it so much I immediately bought the album, then played it on repeat for ages. I have great memories of dancing to it at my 18th as well.
Fun times and my angsty side, all nicely encapsulated in a tune:

(Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:28 pm

I immediately loved this track as soon as I first heard it, and it was the track that first got me into Coldplay; I remember buying the album as soon as it got released, just to be able to loop this song. It has a lot of positive memories of late summer/early autumn 2002 when I was getting ready to start Uni for the first time, and all the generally positive and excited feelings associated with that. As well as that there are aspects of the song(The intro, the beat, the lyrics) which I've connected strongly with over time. It's haunted me at times too:

(Coldplay - In My Place)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:17 pm

One of my favourite chillout tracks, and one I love listening to on summer nights in particular, as I think it suits the vibe really well. It has a very relaxing and refreshing feeling for me, but at the same time it inspires strong feelings direct from the soul on some level:

(Dave Brubeck - Take Five)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:35 pm

I'd already known about this track for years when I listened to it at a sleepover after a house party back in 2012. I thought it was brilliant, as well as finding the car sound-effects funny at the time. Since then I've seen a documentary on the making of it, and I've been increasingly impressed by it over time. I think it definitely should get a mention here:

(Kraftwerk - Autobahn)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:44 am

This track is one I first discovered when it happened to be on a mix CD a friend made for our common room(Actually the executive common room, officially the Physics Base) during our final year at school. In recent years I've started listening to it more closely, and I've grown to find it a really heartfelt and beautiful song, with touching lyrics and memories attached to it as well:

(Incubus - I Miss You)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:20 pm

A song I've always considered very powerful and beautiful as well as heartrending, and I've connected strongly with it at times over the years. Lately it's been back in my consciousness again from time to time:

(Queen - Innuendo)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:09 am

One of the catchiest songs I've ever heard, and one I've always loved; it's haunted me and been in my head at times in the past too:

(Vampire Weekend - A-Punk)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:56 pm

A funny mashup I came across back in January 2008 when it got played on Radio 1; I thought it was highly amusing at the time. It covers more than one song, as In Da Club has special memories for me from my first year at Uni, when I used to hear it constantly on nights out.
This appeals to my sense of fun:

(Thomas The Tank Engine Vs 50 Cent)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:27 pm

I immediately connected with this song when it got released, and I found it just spoke straight to my soul; it got into my head for days at a time. It's haunted me at times in the past too, as I've had the song in my head for no particular reason and then heard it playing on the radio or in a public place I happened to be in. I've always felt a powerful emotional link with it:

(Lana Del Rey - National Anthem)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:10 pm

Over time this has become one of my favourite instrumental pieces of music, and I find it's great for listening to when sleepy; to begin with I thought it was just cheesy, but I've appreciated it more as time has gone on. I think the turning point might have been one night in early January 2009 when I was getting over the flu - not 100% yet, but feeling much better than I had been doing - and I was lying in bed listening to Radio 4 when this came on before the Shipping Forecast. It played for at least a couple of minutes - longer than usual - and the music sounded very comforting as it seemed to wash over me in repetitive waves. It left a lasting impression and a nice memory.
Now I think it's beautiful and touching:

(Sailing By)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:29 pm

A new addition! This song is one I vaguely remember from my childhood, but lately it really seems to be figuring in my life. After randomly waking up with it playing in my head a couple of months ago despite not having heard it at all for years at that point, now it's been in my head again in recent days, so earlier tonight I checked out the TS Eliot poem which the song is based on - and found out that poem had an even deeper message for me than the song lyrics did...! Next, I searched for the video on YouTube and found out the official music video for the song had been posted up for the first time, just I month ago!
This seems to be a major musical connection in progress:

(Crash Test Dummies - Afternoons & Coffeespoons)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:00 pm

A silly track I've always liked, in the humorous sense:

I defy anyone to listen to this right the way through, ha.

(Mr Oizo - Flat Beat)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:19 pm

Another random, quirky instrumental track from the 90s which has childhood memories for me(It was actually the strong rhythm and beat of the opening part of the track which originally drew me to it):

Unfortunately, the radio edit of this track seems not to be available on YouTube at the moment, which is disappointing.

(Doop - Doop)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:17 am

Mr. Oizo is a bit bizarre.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:07 pm

Yeah, I think its strangeness is partly what's always drawn me to it. I love novelty tracks, and when they top the charts like Flat Beat did, it has the added bonus of letting me know I'm not alone in liking them, LOL!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:22 am

I happened to hear this song on the radio yesterday, and had a reminder that it's always resonated strongly for me:

Who do you think you are?
Running round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart.
You're going to catch a cold from the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Don't come back at all!
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:00 am

This has been a song I've always loved dancing to on nights out, but it's also haunted me at times, especially on the radio etc:

(Alice Cooper - Poison)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 35 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 35  Next