The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CORONAVIRUS-Updates, discussion, etc

+2
Rogue
Lenzabi
6 posters

Page 17 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

CORONAVIRUS-Updates, discussion, etc - Page 17 Empty Re: CORONAVIRUS-Updates, discussion, etc

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:39 am

Agartha wrote:No, that's healthcare staff.... I think the general public is slightly worse.

EDIT to add: healthcare staff more reluctant to have the vaccine are healthcare assistants and domestic (cleaning) staff. The number of qualified staff (nurses, doctors, etc) that do not trust the vaccines is minimal.
That makes sense - the educated ones knowing what’s what!

The concern I have is that the ones who refuse the vaccine are “enabling” the pandemic to stay more severe and to continue for significantly longer than it would if everyone was being vaccinated... Hope that won’t be the case, going forward.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Lenzabi likes this post

Back to top Go down

CORONAVIRUS-Updates, discussion, etc - Page 17 Empty Re: CORONAVIRUS-Updates, discussion, etc

Post by Rogue Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:01 am

With all this talk of blood clots, I hope this won't create more people not taking up the jab.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:30 am

It’s been confirmed again that there’s no scientific evidence of a link with blood clots and the vaccine is safe, so it would be disappointing if people are really swayed into not having it just because of the scaremongering that’s been going on.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Lenzabi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:19 pm

It is creating a problem as many in different countries around the world are declining the AZ vaccine... silly as the benefits outweigh the risk....
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:27 pm

It’s really weird how people seem to have become paranoid about the AstraZeneca vaccine in particular - not even vaccines per se, but mainly just this one.
It’s all just nonsense TBH.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:36 am

I reckon the news of the blood clots would be quite scary for some people, especially those that only follow the headlines.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:29 pm

TrueCrazyLion wrote:It’s really weird how people seem to have become paranoid about the AstraZeneca vaccine in particular - not even vaccines per se, but mainly just this one.
It’s all just nonsense TBH.

I blame AZ for this because they had not been honest (read my posts in the Covid vaccine thread): they mislead (lied) about their results, they did not publish the reports regarding transverse myelitis, they had to retract the phase 3 reports and re-do phase 3, they were never transparent, they never made their reports public (like Pfizer did) etc. Because of all this people don't trust them and they are scared, which is understandable. It's their fault and their fault only. 

Like I said, I personally think it's safe and that the benefits outweigh the risks, but they had not done things properly and because of that some will not have a vaccine.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:41 pm

Yep, I read your posts about the mess-up regarding the vaccine at the time, and I did take that on board - I was just kinda surprised that the results of it have gone on so long and been so far-reaching.

And yeah, I’m pretty sure the vaccine is totally safe. The stats which have been published show it pretty emphatically IMO.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:40 pm

We're all just guinea pigs at the end of the day.
Rogue
Rogue

TrueCrazyLion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:02 am

Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:52 am

However the WHO and the EU Medical Association keep on saying it's safe. 
The rate of blood clots is 0.02% which is a very small percentage. I agree they need to carry on studying these side effects, but I think it's a mistake to stop it altogether like some countries have. 

All this is down to AZ not doing things properly and Johson pressurising the company. The Oxford scientists worked so hard to get us a vaccine, and Astrazeneca ruined their efforts really! That upsets me so much!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

TrueCrazyLion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:26 am

From a quick Google search I just did, blood clots generally have a prevalence of 1 in 1000 in the adult population, or 0.1%. 
There’s more evidence so far that the vaccine might prevent blood clots than there is that it causes them!

This is starting to remind me of the scaremongering about the MMR vaccine in the late 90s.

I’m really hoping the UK Government don’t take this seriously and start postponing and/or cancelling peoples’ vaccines, that would be infuriating.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:14 pm

Did you not watch the MHRA's press release today? The UK will not give the AZ vaccine to people under 30 from today, due to a possible link to the the jab and clots:

MHRA issues new advice, concluding a possible link between COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca and extremely rare, unlikely to occur blood clots - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Up to and including 31 March 2021, the MHRA had received 79 UK reports of blood clotting cases alongside low levels of platelets following the use of the Covid-19 vaccine AstraZeneca:

44 of the 79 cases were of CVST with thrombocytopenia.

35 of the 79 cases were of thrombosis in other major veins with thrombocytopenia.
79 cases occurred in 51 women and 28 men, aged from 18 to 79 years. It should be noted that more women have been vaccinated with Covid-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca than men.
Sadly, 19 people have died out of the 79 cases – 13 females and 6 males. 11 out of the 19 people who died were under the age of 50, 3 of whom were under 30. 14 of these 19 cases were of CVST with thrombocytopenia and 5 were of thrombosis with thrombocytopenia.
All 79 cases occurred after a first dose of the vaccine.

This is the graph they showed on telly, where they explain why, for those aged 29 an under, the risks seem to outweigh the benefits (but if you look at all the graphs it seems that this is true only for under 30s with low exposure risk). For everyone 30 and above the benefits outweigh the risks. 

CORONAVIRUS-Updates, discussion, etc - Page 17 1896
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:53 pm

No, I didn’t read that today, no - I’ve been a bit preoccupied with other things during that timeframe - but thanks for sharing!
Wow, that is a big and surprising development! I’m quite surprised that 30 is being used as a cut-off point, as it’s such a relatively young age in terms of being at increasing risk from the virus; I’ve always thought age only starts to make a difference at over 50.
Anyway, that’s not my age group so doesn’t apply to me personally yet(Regardless of what it says on my profile; this is one of the very few times I’ll admit what my age actually is! LOL).

I’m hoping they know what they’re doing, it seems an extreme measure to take.
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:56 pm

It sounds like particularly sensible precautions to be taking imo!
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:49 pm

Man, I just can’t wait for the vast majority of us to be vaccinated, the other necessary events to play out, and this whole pandemic to just be over! LOL
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:37 pm

Good luck with that!  Very Happy
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:42 pm

Nah, not at all... I’m thinking that by this time next year everything will look very different. There’s only so long it can go on for...!

Definitely I think that in 1 year, these conversations will make interesting reading! LOL
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:53 am

I agree with Rogue, even if the risk is minimal, health authorities have to be safe. 

I wonder what we'll say in a year's time, I don't think life will be back to the normal we knew, or not yet.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:11 am

I'm thinking along the same lines as you Ags, to some degree we'll be living with this for a long time to come.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next