The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

4 posters

Page 13 of 35 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 35  Next

Go down

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 13 Empty Re: TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:02 pm

I've always been very drawn to this song mainly because of the lyrics; Robbie songs generally have lyrics which have spoken to me and fascinated me, but this is my favourite of his in that respect. It's been in my head a lot from time to time, including recently:

(Robbie Williams - Advertising Space)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:29 pm

This one has a lot of memories for me from early on in my first year at Uni - it came out in November 2002 here, if I remember right - and each time I hear the song it brings back a databurst of memories, vibes and other feelings from that time which which I've subconsciously attached to it. I always find it positive and uplifting to listen to, like other Missy Elliott tracks too:

(Missy Elliott - Work It)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:27 am

A song which I've always found very moving and deep, ever since it was released and got the associated radio airplay, and which I've connected with on a deeper level than any of Linkin Park's other songs, before or since:

(Linkin Park - Shadow Of The Day)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:44 pm

Love this song, it was the first single The Strokes released after I properly discovered them musically, and I immediately found the lyrics resonated with me too. Also, looking back, it was the song which started my interest in particular times on the clock, and finding messages in those as well as in words, due to the song title:

(The Strokes - 12:51)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:59 pm

This track has resonated strongly with me ever since it came out, and in recent weeks it's been haunting me again, including this afternoon; I find it heartbreaking to listen to at times, but so expressive:

(Kelly Clarkson - Because Of You)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:27 am

Hearing this on the radio yesterday reminded me how much I've always loved it; I've always loved its energy and vibe - Invigorating! - And it always gives me a databurst of memories and feels from the spring of 2003:

(Mis-Teeq - Scandalous)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:11 pm

This has great memories for me of the time when I first moved into my first flat, as it had recently been released and was being played on the radio a lot at that time; Intense feelings of freedom and happiness:

(Kelis - Trick Me)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:16 pm

This track has been coming up in my YouTube recommendations lately, and it's one I've always loved, ever since it came out:

(The Ting Tings - That's Not My Name)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:16 pm

This song has special memories for me as I was strongly drawn to it when it first came out, but looking back, it marks a turning point in my life - it was the last pop song I connected with before I began discovering rock and other types of music, and it was also the first time I began connecting with the lyrics of a song on a deep emotional level, instead of just taking them at face value. (I was studying Higher French when this song came out, and I actually wrote down the lyrics on one of my school course notes handouts and then translated them into French, word for word. It was, to me, one of the most beautiful, powerful and emotive songs I'd ever heard at that point.)
It's become symbolic to me of a fun new time in my life when lots of things were changing for the better, as I'd recently gotten back home from my holiday in Salzburg which had given me a new sense of perspective, and changes were happening in my social life which were introducing me to new friends and connections too:

(Westlife - My Love)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:50 pm

When this version of this song came out I immediately loved it, and it was probably my first childhood experience of connecting on any level with a very old song. I loved it's melody most of all. I heard it earlier on tonight(Although not this version!) and that put it back in my consciousness after a long time:

(By the way I just saw the video properly for the very first time when I went to post it here, and OMG it looks cheesy!)

(John Alford - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:35 pm

A song which I loved for its individuality when it came out, as well as Bjork's accent. (I was still too young at this point to read deeper meaning into songs, but I loved how different it sounded.) Now I find deeper parallels with the song, as well as with Bjork herself:

(Bjork - It's Oh So Quiet)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:46 pm

I loved the melody of this track when it came out, and I love its vibe too:

(Cathy Dennis - Waterloo Sunset)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:25 am; edited 2 times in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:58 am

I was very drawn to this track when it originally came out, and it's haunted at times in the years since. I love the melody as well as the lyrics:

(Arctic Monkeys - Suck It And See)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:09 pm

This is one of my favourite chillaxing/feelgood songs, and it has a lot of great childhood memories for me too from when it was released, since that was a very positive time in my life and the the song got a lot of radio airplay at the time of its release.
Also, it's been in my head a lot in recent years, for no particular reason I can consciously think of:

(Des'Ree - Life)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:12 pm

I immediately liked this track when it got released as a single, mainly for the tune, rhythm and beat. But in the years since, it's also been in my head pretty frequently, whether I wanted it to be or not; I've also become more aware of the lyrics and title of the song, and they've acquired a particular resonance for me:

(Toploader - Just Hold On)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:00 pm

Just got reminded of this track when I heard it playing while I was out shopping earlier tonight(Cheers Asda!). I loved it for its unusual sound when it originally came out, and it's often been in my head since, for no particular reason:

(Alisha's Attic - I Am, I Feel)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:38 am; edited 2 times in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:25 pm

In the last few years I've become really drawn to this song, and it feels to me like it has a particular aura and energy about it. Listening to it brings me a databurst of energy, just like other songs do because I associate them with memories I have of when the song was released - but this track was released before I was born, and I have no conscious memories of connecting with it in this life!! The subconscious associations I make with it are all there, including hearing particular parts of the song and instantly recognising those sounds on a spiritual level, but there's been no major conscious association with it in this life... Bizarre, LOL.
I've grown to consciously like the song a lot over time, and it's haunted me too - the most recent example being when it suddenly appeared in my YouTube recommendations earlier tonight, which has prompted me to post it here:

(The Belle Stars - Sign Of The Times)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:48 pm

This song is one I initially became familiar with during long nights in my local 24H McDonald's, as it was one they played a lot. But I quickly became drawn to the lyrics, as I think they're inspired and very well written. The song has followed me about at times too, and most recently it came on the radio in the cafe I was in this evening:

(Taylor Swift - Blank Space)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:28 pm

I've connected with this song relatively recently - since late 2014, IIRC - but I was very drawn to the sentiment behind it; Once I knew the true meaning behind the song, it spoke to my soul, in a similar way to how Come On Eileen does. It's also one I find extremely catchy in a nice way:

(The Kinks - Come Dancing)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:00 pm

This track has a lot of fun memories of nights out during the early summer of 2003, when my exams had just finished and I was out partying 3-4 nights every week; also, I found the lyrics amusing, especially in the radio edit version:

(Electric Six - Gay Bar)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 35 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 35  Next