The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

4 posters

Page 24 of 35 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 35  Next

Go down

TrueCrazyLion's Playlist  - Page 24 Empty Re: TrueCrazyLion's Playlist

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:22 am

I have great memories of this track from when I first listened to the Half Hour Of Power album in September 2002, when I was particularly drawn to it; I came across it again by pure chance one afternoon in June 2003, when a TV show had been on Channel 5 when I came into the living room and the end credits, which this song played over, came on the TV. Over time it's haunted me at other times, too.
It's a song which I definitely feel a resonance with:

(Sum 41 - Makes No Difference)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:00 am

I discovered this song later than the other songs on Enema Of The State, since the copy of the album which I initially got given had this - the final track - missing off it. It wasn't till February 2003 that I got myself a proper copy of the album, and I immediately loved this track the first time I heard it; not just because of its overall sound, but because the lyrics were ones which I related powerfully to, on both a superficial level and a deeper level too. 
Also, on nights out during the following weeks and months after I first discovered it, I requested this song at the rock clubnight at the Students' Union, and have many more great memories of dancing to it:

(Blink 182 - Anthem)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:56 pm

I was drawn to this song when it came out in the early spring of 2001 mainly for its quirkiness and because it sounded different, although the lyrics got into my head too; I found it interesting as well as fun:

(Everclear - AM Radio)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:09 pm

One of my first ever memories of hearing music of any kind is of hearing this song, probably because my sister was listening to it; for many years after that I found it really cringey. That changed after I started going clubbing on nights out and hearing the song on classic music clubnights; since then it’s become a song which I consider brilliant in its own right, and which has personal sentimental meaning:

(Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:59 am

As a big Darkness fan after loving their first album, I'd been looking forward to the first single off of their sophomore album for months when it ultimately got released in November 2005; this was one of my favourite songs from that time, and it brings back a lot of memories from my first year at Abertay Uni:

(The Darkness - One Way Ticket)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:17 am

I immediately loved this song when it got released in April 2003, at a time when I was particularly embracing new music anyway; it's continued to be one of my favourites ever since, and has haunted me heavily at times too, particularly when listening to my mix on Last FM:

(White Stripes - Seven Nation Army)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:49 am

One of my favourite intro tracks to any album, and one which characterised the spring and early summer of 2002 for me, as it brings back a lot of memories from that time whenever I hear it:

(Oasis - The Hindu Times)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:12 pm

I connected strongly with this song in May 2004, in the days and weeks after I moved into my first flat; my copy of These Days happened to be lying about the kitchen one time and I decided to listen to the album in its entirety, which I’d never done before at that point. This song jumped out at me as having particular resonance, so I listened to it again, time after time; I found it heartbreaking to listen to, and I found I could really connect with the emotions expressed in it.
It’s always had special personal meaning to me ever since:

(Bon Jovi - (It's Hard) Letting You Go)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:35 pm

This is a track which I felt went a long way towards expressing my feelings for me when it came out as a single; in November/December 2003 I was going through a particularly difficult and low time, and I felt the lyrics of this song were biographical, spelling out exactly how I felt at that point. It was a particularly intense connection, one of my strongest ever connections with a song so far:

(Good Charlotte - The Young & The Hopeless)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:07 pm

One of my favourite night out songs ever, and has been since I heard it regularly on clubnights at the Union during my first year at Uni; I love its blend of energy and sentimentality:

(Bryan Adams - Summer Of '69)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:20 am

This track has just recently come up in my YouTube recommendations, and it's been one of my favourite Blondie songs over the last few years:

(Blondie - Denis)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:06 pm

A song which I've always associated with winter(Probably because Kula Shaker released their cover version in late November 1996, and it's this one which I grew up with), but I've also always loved its beauty and mysticism.
Recently it's come back into my consciousness for no particular reason:

(Kula Shaker - Govinda)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:52 pm

I've always been very drawn to this song, and found it particularly touching and heartfelt. I think it sums up the desolate feelings very accurately which winter can bring on:

(Mumford & Sons - Winter Winds)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:45 pm

A song which has many childhood memories for me, as I remember it repeatedly getting played on local radio for years after it came out; I associated a magical, mystical, dreamy, Disney-like quality with it. It’s always stayed in the back of my mind, to an extent, ever since.
Just earlier today, it came back into my immediate consciousness again for no particular reason:

(Dina Carroll - Don't Be A Stranger)

Last edited by TrueCrazyLion on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:45 pm

I’ve loved this song ever since I first heard it, for lots of different aspects of its sound; I’ve always found it inspires intense feelings of happiness:

(Take That - Shine)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:23 am

This song has come back into my consciousness recently, and it brings back a lot of powerful memories from November/December 1995, when it was getting airplay on local radio - although more recently, I've also come to appreciate the overall beauty of its sound:

(Eternal - I Am Blessed)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:10 pm

This song has haunted me a lot over the last couple of years, and it's one I find I can lose myself in easily, as I love to just let the song wash over me whenever I hear it.
Earlier on today it randomly got played in my mix on my Last FM page, and that reminded me:

(Coldplay - Up & Up)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:30 pm

I remember this song from when it came out as a single in the summer of 1996, but I only really connected with it when it randomly got played one time on my Last FM mix, when I was listening in my room in the Travelodge one night in March 2016. 
I found I loved its overall vibe, melody, lyrics and vocals:

(Lush - 500 (Shake Baby Shake))
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:38 pm

This track brings back a lot of bittersweet memories from January/February 1999 for me, although I prefer to remember the happier ones. Lately it's begun being played regularly in Asda, which is like listening to a musical time capsule:

(The Corrs - Runaway)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCrazyLion Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:33 pm

I remember loving this song when it came out as a single in the late summer of 1996, because of its eccentricity but also because of the story the lyrics told.
Recently it’s come back into my immediate consciousness again, probably because of my own neighbourhood:

(Space - Neighbourhood)
TrueCrazyLion
TrueCrazyLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 35 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 35  Next