The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brexit Poll - June 23

+4
Agartha
Kaere
Rockhopper
Rogue
8 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Brexit Poll - June 23 - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Poll - June 23

Post by Rockhopper Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:41 pm

Pollies are only interested in winning an election (and keeping their jobs) not really looking after a country.

John Oliver once said that Nigel Farage has a face that you really, really want to punch! He's an expert resigner, this is his fourth time resigning!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:52 pm

I disagree with that about politicians. I do believe there are politicians who get involved in order to make a positive difference. I know a few... so not all are like that. The ones who are like that though stink to high heaven!

From the Globe & Mail...

Brexit Poll - June 23 - Page 6 13615114_10154281944733904_6855117047773005985_n
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:34 pm

Lol @ amateur! Very Happy

Yep I agree there are some good pollies.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:00 am

It is hard here, and I know the model has been transplanted the world over. Many may have had decent intentions when they started, but the need for money to get back their seats can make some fall to the dark side and become corrupt so that they can have the campaign money, or extra money or things showered on them, it eventually drives them to work more for the donors and contributors than the people.

That is why duopoly style party systems are bad, too damn close to being a One Party apparatus style of government. Once the Two-Party system locks the gate, and forces different parties to jump through ridiculous hoops to try and get a foothold, the nation is done for, Corporations as well as the wealthiest can buy these pollies and dominate our policies in the country they have done this to.

Back in 1935, the corporates/Rich were ready to start a coups d' `etat to oust Roosevelt here and his progressive ways that forced them to behave, the coups failed and they bided their time, and now the Neo-Liberalism model worms it's way to all corners of the world with the globalization effort, and it is soul crushing, heartless, and mechanical in it's dehumanizing and demoralizing effect on the rest of us and the corruption amongst the elite and top 10%

Never let them legislate away the controls and boundaries over what the corporates can and cannot do, that path is strewn with privatized profits for some, socialized messes for the rest.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:19 am

I do agree with Kaere, and Lenny, and I liked the way Lenny explained it. Some politicians do not understand, although they have good intentions when they enter politics, they have to learn the existing culture. Many times they have to adjust to something they could not see ahead, and so find out that they have to compromise way out of their original mind set.

John Oliver once said that Nigel Farage has a face that you really, really want to punch! He's an expert resigner, this is his fourth time resigning! wrote:

Tim, I think he is one of those politicians who claim to be existentialists, they do anything that propels them to what they want, when they get it they move on.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:58 pm

Well said Len, agreed. With a two party system, the parties become branches of just one party. One branch being slightly more compassionate than the other.

In the US you have the Republicrats and the Democans, in the UK they have the Labtors and the Torlabs. We have the Gnatlabs and the Labgnats. Aust has the Lablibs and the Liblabs etc.

Corbyn is a genuine Left Labourite but he is surrounded by the Labtors of Benn and all.

Star, Farage will resign the UKIP, re-join and resign again. He's an expert at resigning!

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6