The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brexit Poll - June 23

+4
Agartha
Kaere
Rockhopper
Rogue
8 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Brexit Poll - June 23 - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit Poll - June 23

Post by Rockhopper Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:51 pm

Len hit it on the head, there's a kind of madness sweeping the world currently. A kind of pre-revolution madness and it could go either way. Whichever way it goes, we are in for a very rough ride.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:24 pm

Yea Tim, smelling kind of strong now.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:06 pm

Petition to cancel the EU referendum surges in wake of Jo Cox killing.

The petition is likely to hit 100,000 signatures before polling day.

I just signed it too.
"The call comes amid consternation at the tone of the referendum campaign and the temporary suspension of activities by both sides in light of the MP’s death."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-jo-cox-murder-killing-petition-cancel-suspend-shooting-signatures-parliament-mps-a7088966.html
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:05 pm

Might be a smart thing in the end.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:06 am

I think so, Star.... actually a few people have changed their mind after the killing of Jo Cox and now even the Daily Mail has now changed its tune and it's backing up 'stay'!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:51 am

What a big decision to be made and it seems alot of people really still aren't sure.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:39 am

Rogue wrote:
What a big decision to be made and it seems alot of people really still aren't sure.

I agree Rogue, very big decision to make at this time. I personally think it's a big risk for England to take, in terms of leaving. Some of the problems are stemming from British colonial times, that were not addressed. This will put to test the real meaning of common wealth nations. Staying in the EU, will be a test of the British determination to be conservative.

I do not think it was a good idea to kill that lady in the hope it would change much, as we see now people are responding to it but I do not think in a good way. However it will slow down things for a while.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:15 am

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:56 am

Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:23 am

Quite complicated Rogue, there are so many different ways to look at it. The biggest problems I see is not in England so much as the EU. England plays a very important role in terms of stability in the eyes of the weaker nations. The British were already behind after the 2nd world war, they have followed along reaping what they could in terms of trade, but now the game is over because the EU IS IN BIG TROUBLE, and England will not give up to Europe when so many Jews are British.
I see big problems either way Rogue.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:23 pm

Brexit will also make a different impact, Europe will go back to as it was pre-WWI/II
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:32 am

Europe was never really unified Len. The dream of a United States of Europe could never work, too many animosities that go back millenia.

The French hate the Germans, the Germans hate the Poles, Italians hate Yugoslavs, South Africans hate the Dutch and I don't like anybody very much. So the song goes anyway.

They're rioting in Africa. They're starving in Spain. There's hurricanes in Florida and Texas needs rain.
The whole world is festering with unhappy souls. The French hate the Germans. The Germans hate the Poles.
Italians hate Yugoslavs. South Africans hate the Dutch and I don't like anybody very much!
But we can be tranquil and thankful and proud for man's been endowed with a mushroom shaped cloud.
And we know for certain that some lovely day someone will set the spark off and we will all be blown away.
They're rioting in Africa. There's strife in Iran. What nature doesn't do to us will be done by our fellow man.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:15 am

I agree Tim, too much preconditions and resentment. England is more tied to Germany than to the French, so much cultural squabbles and oppositions. Today is the day. I think it really does not matter, short or long term, the EU, and England are heading for bust, because of idealist reasons.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:55 pm

Plus the US would make trading with the EU more a priority than tiny separate Britain. It is just the way they have the economy of the planet set up, deals made with the bigger trade partners with the most to offer come first it seems.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:23 pm

Half of the people I know will vote for In and half for out, so I have no idea how this will end. And I know that those who havent' made their vote known is because they are voting out, they just don't want to tell me because I'm foreign. lol

My intuition tells me 'remain' will win.

One thing for sure is that this referendum has made me learn a lot about certain people, I do like some a lot more  and some I don't like anymore, their views are too prejudist for my taste.

I also felt, for the first time in 20 years, not welcome in England: there's an Indian nurse who has been here for only a couple of years and she can vote because she is commonwealth. I have been here 20 years and I cannot vote because I am Italian. This has really upset me.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:27 pm

I didn't realise you couldn't vote Ags, that is weird! I would've thought you could!! I find it weird that ex-pats can still vote even though they haven't been living in this country for years!
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:40 pm

No, I can't because I never became British, but I have been here for 20 years, this is home, this is my kids homeland and future.....  it's really upsetting.... Crying or Very sad
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:27 pm

Agartha wrote:Half of the people I know will vote for In and half for out, so I have no idea how this will end. And I know that those who havent' made their vote known is because they are voting out, they just don't want to tell me because I'm foreign. lol

My intuition tells me 'remain' will win.

One thing for sure is that this referendum has made me learn a lot about certain people, I do like some a lot more  and some I don't like anymore, their views are too prejudist for my taste.

I also felt, for the first time in 20 years, not welcome in England: there's an Indian nurse who has been here for only a couple of years and she can vote because she is commonwealth. I have been here 20 years and I cannot vote because I am Italian. This has really upset me.

I also felt, for the first time in 20 years, not welcome in England: there's an Indian nurse who has been here for only a couple of years and she can vote because she is commonwealth. I have been here 20 years and I cannot vote because I am Italian. This has really upset me. wrote:

Did you know that commonwealth really meant common poor. This whole Brixit thing is not the problem anymore, its the past that's the problem. Soon there will be Franxit, Italyxit, Spainxit. Agy, there is always a price to pay.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:42 pm

I could vote because I am A UK Citizen but I'm not going to, three of my Grand Parents came from the UK so I became a Brit!

The vote is just a small part of the problems besetting the west, cracks are appearing everywhere. That's why the US has Trumpy and Hills. Hills = more of the same and Trumpy is --well Trumpy.

Have you not Naturalised Ags?

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:05 pm

Our news here is reporting that the Leave campaign has won the referendum. I am surprised there's any sort of conclusion so quickly as I thought the vote was much too close and would take more time to recount, etc.

The pound is taking a beating atm, I do hope things calm down quickly and there isn't a terribly painful aftermath to all this.

How is this going to affect your status, Aggie? Will you have to move to Scotland earlier than you expected? I'm feeling anxious for you pale

Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next