The Island Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brexit Poll - June 23

+4
Agartha
Kaere
Rockhopper
Rogue
8 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Brexit Poll - June 23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit Poll - June 23

Post by Kaere Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:48 am

Nope, Prime Ministers often leave very quickly (if not immediately) after such a loss.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:18 am

Cameron is a very clever fox: he won't deal with the exit, I was just listening to him in parliament and he said that a fresh new leader is better to start article 50. Bojo, if elected, said that there is no hurry to start the process, as things need to be very clear before they start negotiating.

But Brexit is happening and I'm sure there won't be a second referendum.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:21 am

A lot of people knew he'd resign if it didn't go his way. Quite normal in British politics for people to resign after elections etc. Usually after an election it has been quite common for the party leaders of the parties that didn't win to resign.
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:46 pm

A sharp spike in racist incidents reported after the Brexit vote.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/a-sharp-spike-in-racist-incidents-reported-after-the-brexit-vote/ar-AAhE8xs?li=BBnb7Kz

There are always groups of peoples, who feed upon negative happenings, and cannot wait to dispense their anger on the next weakness they encounter.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:17 pm

Stargate wrote:A sharp spike in racist incidents reported after the Brexit vote.

Oh yeah, I know of three incidents where I live, one to a French woman and two to Eastern European women..... funny how they all target women, the cowards.

Farage should be incarcerated for all the hate he created and all the lies he told, like giving extra money to the NHS or stopping immigration, which will not happen.

But at the same time there are lots of lovely people who are appalled at what's happening. Most of my friends are English and Welsh, and they couldn't be better people.
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:55 pm

Well a friend sent this http://satwcomic.com/brexit-to-the-right

as for the racist outbursts, it is getting reported all over.
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:52 pm

Lenzabi wrote:Well a friend sent this http://satwcomic.com/brexit-to-the-right

as for the racist outbursts, it is getting reported all over.

Len, the tiny bits of English History that I know is telling me that this move is going in the pastern of the British People, and was planed. The history of Britten is quite deep as a world power. To understand what is happening in connection with world domination, you would have to say this was classic. There is no doubt of the inequality that exist within, and without the trade industry.

To create chaos, is to create Brexit, at least for a time. Migration, Emigration, will pay a price. Racial attacks, resentment for foreigners, job wars. Here we are Leny.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:18 am

Nice!
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockhopper Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:29 am

Well, sir, one reason is that you and other peers of Britain’s privileged class have been adopting treaties, trade deals and other policies that have reduced the wealth and power of common wage earners while greatly increasing the wealth and power of corporate executives and rich investors. Your prized European Union itself has become a messy, bureaucratic, multinational government of, by and for corporate interests over the interests of the common people.

So, the more those upper-crusters said “no” to Brexit, the more the masses shouted, “Yes!” The private-club elites were so out of touch with the local-pub commoners that they had no clue that overturning the applecart of aloof, plutocratic globalizers is precisely what ordinary citizens were eager to do. The laboring class was first assaulted by Margaret Thatcher’s laissez-fairyland policies 30 years ago, and then came the global financial crash, along with the EU’s harsh austerity policies and poppycock promises of trickle-down benefits. The result is a working class that’s been left devastated and uncared for. Thus, when the governing party of the moneyed interests called a national vote on staying or exiting — arrogantly assuming they would easily win — the people welcomed it as a chance to jab a thumb in the establishment’s eye. And they did.

From here.

Tim.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargate Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:45 am

[mention]Now, the entire global establishment is rushing to assure itself that the Brexit movement is not a class revolt, but only a momentary spasm of voter ignorance and lower-class bigotry against Muslim immigrants. But they’re only fooling themselves. While the two-headed monster of raw racism and xenophobia was most certainly in play,
that was not the majority of the pro-exit vote. At its core, this vote was a full-throated rebellion against out-of-control economic and political elites ruling from afar, enriching themselves by ransacking the workaday majority.[/mention] wrote:

I think there is some truth to this.

Stargate

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:49 pm

I missed this! pure genious!
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:57 pm

Stargate wrote:

I think there is some truth to this.

Alot of truth i dare say.

We could well see the second female PM in place. The last one did so well.
Rogue
Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenzabi Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:44 pm

Basically, there is the growing tiredness of years of the rich getting all and the workers and middles and poors getting less and less to look forwards to other than imagery of Kim Kardashian's rump!
Lenzabi
Lenzabi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:42 am

So Cameron has resigned, Boris Johnson has left the Brexit movement, and now Nigel Farage, the leader of UKIP, has also quit.

...you can't make this stuff up.
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:34 am

Kaere wrote:So Cameron has resigned, Boris Johnson has left the Brexit movement, and now Nigel Farage, the leader of UKIP, has also quit.

...you can't make this stuff up.

Cameron proposed the referendum to win the elections, then he realized leaving the EU is a mistake.
Bo Jo and Farage campaigned for exit by promising lies, and they have already retracted on their promises.

Pardon my French, but these 3 selfish toffs have f****d the UK and now they are all running away before it gets really bad.... it's very clear: if the future of the UK outside of the EU was as good as they said, they wouldn't all have resigned......

The rats are abbandoning the ship before it sinks, it seems.......
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:07 pm

I feel the whole country has been lied to and used in their stupid games! I can't believe how Farage has also now just walked away. Although to be honest I am glad, he is such a racist bigot and I have never liked him.

Maybe it's a good thing, maybe the parties have had a good shuffle and the new people that step up will actually be good for our country (I am being optimistic here!!)
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Solace Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:25 pm

I am really feeling for you guys.. but hopefully you are right Stirky!
Solace
Solace

Back to top Go down

Post by Agartha Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:48 pm

Stirky wrote:Maybe it's a good thing, maybe the parties have had a good shuffle and the new people that step up will actually be good for our country (I am being optimistic here!!)

I really hope you are correct.... we are in limbo right now, nobody knows what's happening or what's going to happen in the near future.....
Agartha
Agartha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stirky Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:10 pm

We are in limbo!! Looks like Corbyn is only just hanging in there, they all want him out!! I just don't have a lot of faith in those people that will take over from all those who have already resigned ( there are a lot of them too, as a lot of the back benchers have gone). I don't know, something has to be worked out, all looking a bit bad at the mo
Stirky
Stirky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaere Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:24 pm

This is what happens when you "play" at politics and treat it like some sort of game without tangible consequences Sad it's people's lives that are affected and not just a little bit like slight tax increase...
Kaere
Kaere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next